Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki trying to be a dictator???

larpay

He's my President.....speak for yourself

He's not MY president. He's just THE president. I didn't vote for him, so his chaos is not affecting my consience, just my wallet! And that is a verifiable fact. As a small time painting and remodeling contractor, I have watched my business dwindle to dang near NOTHING in the past three years. I hear a lot of Bush bashing and blaming for the economy we are experiencing, but my business was flourishing under Bush's watch, and now I have a hard time keeping food on the table and the lights on! It makes it awful hard not to think that O is the cause of this. I think people are scared to spend their money, and the little guys like me (I'm sure there are a lot of us on this site) are suffering the consequences. Hell, we don't even fall under the category of unemployed! How large would the unemployment rate be if they counted all the small contractors who have lost so much work? :angry:

• Upvote 10

Actually it was a reported inviewing another reporter in Iraq about the government falling apart oh my god now CNN isn't good oh unless they have something positive about our investment sorry to say this worried me and I think this may hold things up longer but hey what else is new

My cousin served three tours, 2 in Iraq and was the first group of Marines to hit the ground in Aghanastan, He personally said CNN was very doctored, sometimes not even close to the truth. Just sayin, its not only in Iraq that things aren't always what they appear to be. That post very well could have had nothing to do with the "RV".

• Upvote 1

It is funny: May be I am going crazy but…

I saw it on 3 different online “major network” news sites this morning 08:00 GMT +3 Bgd time.

A’yad Allawi and supporters are pulling out from Iraqi government effective immediately. Political tensions are tight in Baghdad as Maliki has still not appointed 2 key seats that have remained vacant for a year. Allawi has pointed out that there is no cooperation and that Maliki is not interested in impute from anyone but Maliki.

There are talks of separation and as tensions rise the rumors of a possible civil war have spread.

BUT WAIT….

If you look online now in all US and coalition country news… There is nothing to be found. It is almost like the news has been told to shut up… like it never was reported in the first place.

I have not been able to confirm, but I have heard a rumor that the roads are “Condition Black”.

Why would they be if nothing is going on?

MAY BE IT WAS A FALSE ALARM... May be?

• Upvote 1

I'm sure you've all seen this in the news... What does it mean for us and the RV? Doesn't sound good to me... They just pulled a journalist from his car and beat him with the Iraq police sitting there watching and doing nothing about it. They say their so called democratic government is falling apart already.

Predictable....Its just the beginning of the ramifications of abandoning Iraq. Our illustrious Executive Branch of our (we do elect these people) Governent has blundered and Hopefully all is not lost to the likes of Maliki who is linking arms with Iran. So predictable and they ignored the warnings.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, this story about the reporter in Iraq being beaten was reported as a major story on CNN. This report came along with saying that there is fear in the Iraqis that Iraq is now under a new dictator, Maliki, who is holding at least three positions in government.

• Upvote 1

Wow! This is a pretty intense thread. I say we all just sit back and watch what happens in the next few weeks. I think it would be wise to remember that people over here get beaten for no apparent reason at all on a daily basis. That is a sad truth.

I just don't see us walking away from our investment in Iraq, and having it implode. I have NO faith in the people who are in control of our Country, but I do think this situation involves more than just the Obama administration. We can't fail in Iraq. It just isn't an option. Of course, this is all just my humble opinion.

Also, giving people money and a reason to live just might change their minds about who is running the place. If you really think about it, we don't do a very good job of "power-sharing" here in the States. I don't care which side of the aisle, in our government, you prefer...both sides act like spoiled children most of the time. ;)

• Upvote 1

He's not MY president. He's just THE president. I didn't vote for him, so his chaos is not affecting my consience, just my wallet! And that is a verifiable fact. As a small time painting and remodeling contractor, I have watched my business dwindle to dang near NOTHING in the past three years. I hear a lot of Bush bashing and blaming for the economy we are experiencing, but my business was flourishing under Bush's watch, and now I have a hard time keeping food on the table and the lights on! It makes it awful hard not to think that O is the cause of this. I think people are scared to spend their money, and the little guys like me (I'm sure there are a lot of us on this site) are suffering the consequences. Hell, we don't even fall under the category of unemployed! How large would the unemployment rate be if they counted all the small contractors who have lost so much work? :angry:

Obama is not the reason your business is suffering. That's the after effects of crap that took place BEFORE he even took office. Blame the man I'm pretty sure you voted before his administration. Better yet blame isn't the answer, it never fixes a thing.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

There are many reasons we are sitting in the situation we are in. From what I understand, the trade deals we have made with other countries no longer bring in the tariffs that used to pay a third of the budget. The founders of our country set it up that way to bring in income. Now that income is way down to something like 3% of our budget and the money has to be made up somewhere. The very people who build this country, the middle class, end up paying off their backs. Businesses go overseas for cheap labor to manufacture, then bring back products with low tariffs. Our manufacturing of products has dropped dramatically over the last 30 years. Thousands of manufacturing companies have folded because of these trade deals. When we don't make things, we don't have people at work, and when we don't have people at work, we don't have tax income. Those who run the companies make the money and reinvest it overseas in cheap labor. We need to drop our trade agreements so we can manufacture here again and set up tariffs on incoming goods so our things we make here are purchased instead. The top families and companies have gained some 200% over their salaries and wealth over the last 30 years and the worker has not kept pace with that. The wealthy need to be taxes and the companies with tremendous loop holes in taxation need to be taxed. There needs to be balance and we are way out of balance leaning toward the rich. Thirty years of saying the wealth is going to trickle down has shown it is not true. Ask your reps about that and don't vote against yourself as you look at candidates and seek blame. It was many presidents who went along with this thinking it would help us to open our doors in this way. It was done with good intention, probably, but now it has us way out of balance. Now, I can't state that all those figures are accurate, but that is the gist from what I understand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Obama is not the reason your business is suffering. That's the after effects of crap that took place BEFORE he even took office. Blame the man I'm pretty sure you voted before his administration. Better yet blame isn't the answer, it never fixes a thing.

Facts don't lie. Back away from the bong and open your eyes....................wider.................................wider.....................okay, now look around!!! :lol:

BTW , I gave you a plus to offset the minus that someone gave you. You don't deserve to be neg'ed for your opinion ;)

Edited by wolfman
  • Upvote 1

Are these supposed to be full coverage stories? Or are they just lil bleb's used for filler? Are they the little trailers that streak across the bottom of the screen? :blink:

The only CNN comments I found that were highlighted were from S.Smith on CNN with a group of journalists. Nothing mentioned about Iraq in it's post-edit version. This is a google searchable quote that was the only thing I found about journalist...BUT...they had nothing to do with Iraq. It was from the Arab Spring movements that Iraq, fortunately, seems to have side stepped the turmoil. Again, please, let me know what you are talking about definatively or this, I feel, is ONLY a rumor and totally ficticious slander against Iraq's actual progress.

Is it possible the broadcast was misinterpreted?:mellow:

Here was my only finding from CNN:

"These seasoned journalists shared their stories of being attacked and beaten by pro-Mubarak thugs in Egypt; of being virtually imprisoned with other journalists by Moammar Gadhafi's regime; of witnessing the fall of Tripoli; and of dealing with radiation concerns in Japan."

Maybe this will shed light (if the link works?):

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/17/world/meast/iraq-politics/index.html?iref=allsearch

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

I loved when slick willy was president work was good we actually had a surplus of cash as a nation the bush administration came in wars were started our economy went to crap security tightened up in every aspect our constitutional rights were being molested, should i keep going. Obama was handed the keys to a sinking ship, where would we be if Mcain and Palin were running the show at war with china and russia.

• Upvote 1

Are you trying to start your own rumor to see how far it flies or trying to verify one you heard by word of mouth? Just sayin...you have no link for such a bold statement. Yes...I realize you are new(ish) with posting. Yes...I realize your post is in rumors.

You need to realize that statements like that need some type of link. That's quite serious IF true, my friend. Who is "They say..." and what news are we supposed to have seen this on? I haven't turned on a tele in two days with my finals in school this week.:blink:

FYI, I have done a fairly small search for the topic using the limited info provided from you. I found nothing similar and most "violence with police present" were NOT current and in fact were from long before U.S. troops began to pull out. Hope u can help me understand it, amigo.

My position? I will not be feeding into this rumor. Iraq is much more stable than your post implies, but...pheh...there will always be rumors. Welcome to DV, larpay.B)

Its a tough choice who to back. On one hand you have Maliki, who after being on this forum for a few years now, IMO Maliki is a Tyrant for sure, but we need someone strong right now because you have Allawi, who I believe is a front man from Iran. Allawi and Sadar IMO have been assigned by Iran to disrupt this Goverment as much as they can. I used to believe that Allawi was the better of the two, my opinion on that has changed. You see it every time the Goverment gets close to coming together, it seems (maybe I'm wrong) that either Allawi, or Sadar gets in the way. Iran would like nothing better then to see this goverment fail, and will do everything in its power to make that happen. Sure wish A Kurd would of won the Election, but that will not happen for awhile I'm afraid. Maybe that is why we have had leaders like kaddafi, mubarack, etc. and turn a blind eye to them, for it was the lesser of two evils. I know and believe in my heart, that if Iraq succeeds in becoming some sort of democracy, things will change in the middle east. It will be the people of Iraq who will make that decision. Will they Elect a corrupt strong armed thug, will they go down the path of Iran with religous fanatics, or will they find someone who is above both of them. Let us all pray for the last.

It's CNN anyways. They want Iraq to fail so they can say "We told you so". I don't watch anything on that BS Ted Turner owned channel. It should be called the UNN!

Ted Turner and Jane Fonda ( Hanoi Jane) go hand and hand.

Good point!!!!!!!! :angry:

YES HE IS. FOX NEWS HAD JOHN BOLTON ON THIS MORNING. HE IS A STRAIGHT SHOOTER. HE SAID THAT HE THINKS OBAMA FAILED MISERABLY BY THE EXIT OF THE TROOPS IN THIS MANNER. HE EXPECTS IRAN TO TAKE OVER THROUGH INFLUENCE OF MALIKI AND IN FACT ITS ALREADY BEGUN. DOESNT SOUND GOOD FOR US FOLKS