Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Peppermint Patti (Bank Story..)12/06/11

trooper

Nope, there is not a currency that has 571 assigned to it.

The numeric currency code for Iraq is 368.

This can be verified at http://www.currency-iso.org/iso_index/iso_tables/iso_tables_a1.htm

See that is all I ask for proof to people's statements thank you. I see like me you got neg'ed because someone here got pissy because I asked form more than my friend said and you proved him wrong..

WOW didnt mean to hurt an ego LOL Too funny with these pluses and negs emotions and egos are running wild :eek:

Seriously folks it is just a web board calm down...

• Upvote 1

Heres a real bank story..Walked into a German bank ...some name i cant pronounce and asked if they had Iraqi Dinar. First the lady looked at me like i just slapped her then said we dont have that here i said what do you mean you dont sell it ?? she said NO but there is a Turkish Kebap place across the street but NO IRAQI DINER i just walked away..... LMAO :lmao:

Sorry but anything coming from PTR or OOM is straight nonsense.

I've got a friend who hangs on almost every word that OOM spews out. He called me at 1:30 am with the same bank teller story.

I wasn't happy being awakened with another bank teller story; since I work in a bank.

I wish $5.71 was not just in my dreams. :rolleyes:

Edited by PD46

Another bank story? Give us all a break. The Dinarinas in DV Land are far too smart to believe them and prefer to rely on fact. Just sayin.

i have to disagree here because i do have a true bank story. link this story is bonafide true. no, we didn't get a rate or anything like that but it is true nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

Nope, there is not a currency that has 571 assigned to it.

The numeric currency code for Iraq is 368.

This can be verified at http://www.currency-iso.org/iso_index/iso_tables/iso_tables_a1.htm

Something that is a bit easier to explain what a SWIFT code is:

SWIFT code is a standard format of Bank Identifier Codes (BIC) and it is unique identification code for a particular bank. These codes are used when transferring money and messages between banks.

The SWIFT code consists of 8 or 11 characters. When 8-digits code is given, it refers to the primary office.

First 4 characters - bank code (only letters)

Next 2 characters - ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code (only letters)

Next 2 characters - location code (letters and digits) (passive participant will have "1" in the second character)

Last 3 characters - branch code, optional ('XXX' for primary office) (letters and digits)

FOR EXAMPLE:

No Institution City Heading Swift Code

1 AL RAFIDAIN BANK BAGHDAD RAFBIQBAXXX

2 AL-BILAD ISLAMIC BANK FOR INVESTMENT AND FINANCE BAGHDAD AIIFIQBAXXX

3 AL-HUDA BANK BAGHDAD BHDAIQBAXXX

4 ARAB BANKING CORPORATION BAGHDAD ABCOIQBAXXX

5 ASHUR INTERNATIONAL BANK FOR INVESTMENT BAGHDAD AIBIIQBAXXX

6 BABYLON BANK COMPANY BAGHDAD BABKIQBAXXX

7 BANK MELLI IRAN-BAGHDA BAGHDAD MELIIQBAXXX

8 BANK OF BAGHDAD BAGHDAD BABIIQBAXXX

9 BASRAH INTERNATIONAL BANK FOR INVESTMENT BAGHDAD BIBIIQBAXXX

10 BYBLOS BANK SAL ARBIL BRANCH ARBIL BYBAIQBAXXX

It (SWIFT CODES) has absolutely nothing to do with the IQD's number.

Edited by GhostDawg

Something that is a bit easier to explain what a SWIFT code is:

Not sure why you brought up SWIFT codes.

My reply was regarding the numeric currency code (ISO 4217) that is assigned to the dinar.

Every currency as well as metals like gold, palladium, platinum and silver have two codes assigned to them for trading purposes. One is alphabetic and the other is numeric.

Not sure why you brought up SWIFT codes.

My reply was regarding the numeric currency code (ISO 4217) that is assigned to the dinar.

Every currency as well as metals like gold, palladium, platinum and silver have two codes assigned to them for trading purposes. One is alphabetic and the other is numeric.

Sorry forgot to add that part. 571 is the branch code for bank of Baghdad. as in the XXX at the end of each swift code. BABIIQBAXXX