Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Some Advise

bodeen

My 16 year old got her DL today..... :( Any advise you can give me would be worth a 25,0000000 note.... :lol:

She is a great kid and the smile on her face tonight has been awesome...... Trips to the store tonight = 3

stuff we really forgot = 0

stuff she forgot = 3 :lol:

I guessssss Dad is getting old and I dont like it...

I miss my baby....... :(

:unsure: sorry for this post :unsure:

Merry Christmas and God Bless

Bodeen

• Upvote 8

My 16 year old got her DL today..... sad.gif Any advise you can give me would be worth a 25,0000000 note.... laugh.gif

Merry Christmas and God Bless

Bodeen

GPS Tracking for her Cell Phone or the Car? If it logs her movements constantly you'll get an idea of how fast she is driving and where she's at.

-

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Awww man! Those are good times! I have a 18 yr old girl....late nites waiting for her to get home safely.

Teacher defensive driving skills....dont take off as soon as the light turns green...dont drive in the right lane....teacher her how to drive on wet roads....and turn that music down! Lol

I agree with Markinsa...gps...u may feel like your being over protective but really cant be with a new driver!

Good luck to you and your girl....buckle up!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Aww Bodeen...she's growing up!! My oldest is almost 15, I'm scared silly...he's still my baby, I just wish he realized that. Good luck!

Don't be scared because good parents produce good kids.... And thats you my friend.... :twothumbs:

I'm really surprised because she still comes to Dad with questions about life --- but quickly takes Moms advice... :lol:

I love this quote

Any man can father a child but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

hey bodeen I know how ya feel my friend,our oldest is 26 and the youngest is 11, 6 kids in all-Brady special LOL and I love your quote about bein a Dad is so true and be ready for stayin up late to make sure she gets home safe,because being a Dad is the best job you will ever get!!

• Upvote 2

You were asking for some advice ...

When your little girl grabbed the edge of the coffee table, pulled herself up on those wobbly legs, and stood there grinning, and drooling, and trying to let go and take that first step ... you put out your hands to her and you said "Trust me."

When she had been playing with the kids next door who all had colds, and came home with a drippy nose and sore throat, you took out that awful tasting medicine that you said would make her feel better soon, and held out the spoon to her lips and looked her right in the eyes and said, "Trust me."

When she came home crying because the boys were teasing her for having braces or new glasses and the girls didn't want to be friends with a four-eyes, or because her mom makes her wear sweaters that grandma home made, you held her and told her the day would come when she would cherish grandma's sweaters and when she was old enough if she still needed them she could have contact lenses, you looked her right in the eye and said. "Trust me."

And you know what? She did every time. Why? Because she loves you and trusts you.

So now, when she comes to you, proudly showing off her drivers licence, and asks you to trust her, what are you going to do? You are going to hold her in your arms and tell her you trust her. Even if she hasn't asked you yet to trust her, she wants your trust. And you will trust her because she trusted you and you have done your very best with her. If she hasn't learned it now, she never will. So, trust her.

She is going to make mistakes. She is going to have moments of bad judgement. She is going to find herself doing something silly that will lead to trouble. But because you trust her, and have told her so, she will also trust you enough to come and tell you so you can make things better before they get any worse.

Hopefully you have been there for the toddler, the six-year old, and the almost-teenager. So now how do you handle things? The same way. Be there. Trust her. Let her know she can trust you.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 6

WOW, Thanks all.... JW good luck my friend I'm sure you have great kids... I love your posts.... Markinsa -- we are looking into that... thanks We need just a few more MODS like you ... :tiphat: Ron... you get it my friend.... Blessings to you and your family.......

Edited by bodeen
  • Upvote 1

WOW, Thanks all.... JW good luck my friend I'm sure you have great kids... I love your posts.... Markinsa -- we are looking into that... thanks We need just a few more MODS like you ... :tiphat: Ron... you get it my friend.... Blessings to you and your family.......

you are very welcome bodeen and we wish you all the best to as you are an asset here as well !!

Lincoln vehicles have a feature,

where you can control how fast the vehicle is limited to,

how loud the stereo plays, and the ability to

track her where abouts on GPS.

They didn't have that technology when my girls got their DL.

Nor did I have the money for a Lincoln anyway.

I made sure they knew how much insurance costs.

How to change a tire and check the oil.

How to properly adjust the mirrors so you can monitor blind spots and not the side of the car.

And that driving is a privilege that dad can take away with out notice.

Good luck. :D

bodeen....you are welcome my friend....thank you as well

hey bodeen I know how ya feel my friend,our oldest is 26 and the youngest is 11, 6 kids in all-Brady special LOL and I love your quote about bein a Dad is so true and be ready for stayin up late to make sure she gets home safe,because being a Dad is the best job you will ever get!!

Hey Ron....very happy to see you around still my friend!!!

I know several months ago you were gettin frustrated....Im really glad to see you stuck with it!!! Looks like we are gettin really damn close! :) :) :)

• Downvote 1

GPS Tracking for her Cell Phone or the Car? If it logs her movements constantly you'll get an idea of how fast she is driving and where she's at.

-

OF Course This Depends on your Daughter (in this case,)

TRUST

have a? for you GPS tracker! did you ever speed as a teenager, did you ever look at the radio changing stations while driving?

Im not sayin dont be concerned, Im sayinn we were all teens once and it was our first day.

Lighten up a little.

tell Her With Opportunity comes responsibility,

use crufews and time lines,(have her check in (texting is A good way to do this)(not while driving), by texting when she stops somewhere, she can let you know she (or he is ok), texting is common accepted practice among teens, so she wont look like a UNCOOL teen because she has to check in with her parents.

Over all the ODDS are in her favor,(not being calous, and I know those who have lost teens can never get over that feeling of loss, but if you let her get used to driving aournd town, she should be ok.

GOD BLESS YOU, My Daughter learned to Drive in A small Texas Town, and now lives in NYC and hasnt had any more than scratches in 10 plus years.

Again

TRUST

16 year old on the road omg RUN!!!!!!!!!!! haha j/k those are usually the worst drivers because they are just getting out there for the first time on their own. Just mke sure she doesnt text or anything like that while driving and make sure she doesnt have a lot of friends in the car to distract her while she is just learning to get out there.

Thanks for all the advise from all the DV members.... Thanks Pat, Easy, Krome, and Rocketman.... 10 kids my friend..... WOW.... What a Dad you are!!!!!

Sorry if you live and commute in the DFW area because she drives like her mother...... :o:P:lol:

God Bless

Bodeen