Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

* U.S. official: Iraq could join WTO by end-2011

Papster

* U.S. official: Iraq could join WTO by end-2011

NOVEMBER 22ND, 2011 10:50 AM · POSTED IN NEWS (IRAQ & WORLD CURRENCY)

A U.S. official said that Iraq could join the WTO by the end of 2011 if the sought diligently for membership that may help the reconstruction efforts through the promotion of trade and investment. and Iraq has begun the process of accession in 2004 is that it has taken only initial steps required by the membership.

You may also get Iraq on the advantages are limited, given that Iran is one of its major trading partners is not a member of the organization. But Larry Morgan, Director of International Trade draft Trade of the Agency for International Development U.S. said that some Iraqi ministries such as Ministry of Finance is keen to win membership in the organization as it would boost trade and increase tariff revenues. and submit a draft trade advice to the Iraqi Trade Ministry in matters related to the WTO. and Morgan said “as a clear process was very slow but they are not very far from the track .. I think that if they have made ​​the effort reasonably expected of them will be able to join the end of 2011. This is the earliest date possible. ” He explained that joining the WTO would increase Iraq’s chances for imported goods and the introduction of standardization and quality control and pave the way for the practice of customs is less chaotic and bureaucratic. and Morgan said, “will allow the Iraqi customs to join the developed world. . for men and women, Iraqi businessmen the country has one of the worst records in terms of time required for the import and export of goods. ” He added that foreign businessmen will feel greater protection before venturing into the Iraqi market and to support Iraq’s efforts to develop tourism and financial services sectors. But analysts warn that Iraq will probably diversify its economy to include activities other than oil – which already generates 95 percent of government revenues – and that red tape and political debate delaying many projects on time.

http://www.iraqdirectory.com/DisplayNewsAr.aspx?id=10949

• Upvote 6

I honestly think it will be a good chance they will join the WTO and revalue around that time just because of the troops pulling out.COMPLETE SOVEREIGNTY, NOT CONSIDERED A "MILITARY LOCK DOWN" anymore, HMMM MAYBE THEY WILL START USING THEIR OWN MONEY! me and my grandpa said 6 years ago, "when the troops pull out in 2011, we will get paid" . I think first intuition is usually correct. (HOPE!)

LETS GO iRAQ

• Upvote 2