Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sort Of A Bank Story

TychoKaine

My bank story... I logged on my BoA account online and noticed that all of my balances were far below any sort of comfort level. I also can confirm this as I heard it from friends, friends of friends and complete strangers. I guess I shouldn't have posted this in the "Rumor Section" as this is a cold, hard fact!

Feel your pain.

Go RV

Well, here goes nothing... I never thought that I would have a bank story, and to tell the truth, it is not my own. This story belongs to a friend of mine, who also holds IQD, but is not a member of this site. We are both here in Salerno, Afghanistan currently, and his other friend (also a IQD holder) is currently in Bagram. My friend's friend (I guess that makes this a third-party story) called him here today and told him that he got an e-mail from his bank today. This friend banks with 5/3 bank in Henderson County KY. The e-mail stated that they would be closed from October 31st until noon on November 2nd for system updates. I personally have never heard of a bank being closed and doing updates for 3 1/2 days. Maybe this means something, maybe it doesn't. I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there that may bank with 5/3 bank and have heard the same thing, or is this an isolated incident for this particular bank. Thank you.

Federal banking law prohibits a bank bieing closed for any two week days in a row and now more than 3 days in a row if sat and sun included. I doubt 5th 3rd will violate federal law and be closed Monday through Wednesday at noon

• Upvote 1

Salerno is the best FOB I've been to in Afghanistan. I've been stationed in Kandahar, Bagram, Shank, and now Salerno.

:twothumbs: Glad to see someone else from the neighborhood. We can have a post RV party at the Irish Pub in the dubai airport. First round on me!:tiphat: Ever been to Fob Lagman?

Edited by kosman

Federal banking law prohibits a bank bieing closed for any two week days in a row and now more than 3 days in a row if sat and sun included. I doubt 5th 3rd will violate federal law and be closed Monday through Wednesday at noon

Lester you beat me to it. I am surprised more folks don't know this. Federal law since the run on the banks during the great depression.

• Upvote 1

Important Message - Fifth Third Email & Text Alerts

Between Sunday, October 30 through Wednesday, November 2, account alerts will be unavailable as we implement a system upgrade. Alerts will resume on Thursday, November 3, at noon.

You will not receive any email or text alerts during this time. Any scheduled alerts that are routinely sent via email or mobile text will not resume until noon on November 3. Additionally, any alerts that were to be sent during this time, will not be saved and/or sent after the upgrade.

During this time, or at any time, you can check balances, find credit card or payment information, and view statements online at 53.com or call Customer Service at 1-800-972-3030.

After the upgrade, all your current alerts will still be active.

Up until I saw your post I was just going to say I bet it's their online system is down for maintenance as banks are not going to close down because a Dinar RV. I just had my bank do the same thing the other day. This is how third party stories always are like the game telephone things get lost in translation and they are totally unreliable. How many times have we all heard RV is happening this Wednesday my uncles neighbors friend is a contractor in iraq and knows a guy who...well you get the point.

Good ole rocket city. I sure do miss that place. I am in Fenty.

Yeah, I learned quickly after arriving why they call it rocket city. But despite all of the incoming, it's still my favorite. I have some friends at Fenty and a couple of transfers here that just came from there as well.

:twothumbs: Glad to see someone else from the neighborhood. We can have a post RV party at the Irish Pub in the dubai airport. First round on me!:tiphat: Ever been to Fob Lagman?

I've never been to FOB Lagman actually, but I will definitely meet you at the Irish Pub in Dubai post RV.

I live at Leatherneck and it is not to bad here. We hardly ever get incoming and the food is good.

The food isn't too bad here either... but we get lots of incoming.

The email stated that their email and text services will be offline during that time frame. whiskey tango foxtrot how stupid can you be? Other people bank with 5/3 why even bother? Get a life bro

I am going out on a limb here... but I am pretty sure that this was directed at me. I posted a "rumor" in the "rumors section" so hopefully someone that does bank with 5/3 could shed some light on what this third party story was talking about. I never insinuated that it had anything to do with an RV or anything. I was just looking for further information because I had not seen the e-mail myself. Well it seemed that the post worked, and within a short time a fellow member here who apparently did bank with 5/3 posted that actual e-mail. That was exactly what I was looking for and it proved this third party rumor that I had heard and asked about false. To me, this is exactly what the rumors section is for, to prove or disprove something someone had heard. It seems to me that it worked as advertised this time. As for you calling me stupid and telling me to get a life... I honestly don't believe I deserved that at all for the question that I had posed, especially since it had already been answered.

It ain't got nothing to do with the IQD my friend.

Thank you for your response. This was only a rumor that I heard from a friend and the truth of it was brought to light by rjenlow, who had a copy of the actual e-mail.

• Upvote 2