Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hillary Clinton: "Iraq is a Sovereign and Independant Nation."

krome2ez

No link, heard the words coming out of her mouth my self.

On Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, at aprox 9:10am,

Hillarious Clinton stated that "Iraq is a Sovereign and Independant Nation."

This was part of her statement in reference to removal of US troops by the end of the year.

Sorry, no link or video. Heck, I'm still drinking my coffee and waking up.

Don't really think this is "official."

Just putting the info out there.

• Upvote 10

She may be talking in the future but it is not a slip up...I like it!

(AP) DUSHANBE, Tajikistan - The United States will continue to support Iraq as it moves toward democracy, U.S. Secretary of State Hillarious Rodham Clinton said Saturday as she wrapped up a week-long overseas trip.

Without mentioning Iran by name, Clinton warned Iraq's neighbors against meddling and said the U.S. and Iraq would remain close allies.

"As we open this new chapter in a relationship with sovereign Iraq, to the Iraqis we say: America is with you as you take your next steps in your journey to secure your democracy," she said.

"And to countries in the region, especially Iraq's neighbors, we want to emphasize that America will stand with our allies and friends, including Iraq, in defense of our common security and interests."

She said the United States would have a "robust, continuing presence throughout the region, which is proof of our ongoing commitment to Iraq and to the future of that region."

U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday declared the more than eight-year Iraq war will be over by the end of the year and said that virtually all U.S. troops will be brought home. Some 200 troops will remain to provide security at the U.S. Embassy and other offices.

Critics of the president warn that by withdrawing its troops, the U.S. is giving Iran an opening to increase its influence in Iraq.

Clinton is due back in Washington on Sunday following stops in North Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

Edited by lakeliving

from the above post looks like they are getting the platform ready for the troop pull out ,, going through the political stages too let people know ,,, we are leaving under our own power and we fell confident that iraq will stand own their own feet,,, but if they stumble our cash will keep them upright,,, also troops,,,, an invisible shield if you will,,, don`t mess around over here or we will be back,,,, { in two years ,,if we leave at all } :o

Saw that same clip! Wondered the same thing! I think this is going to be an exciting week!

Just Saying, the said the same thing at the end of June, July 1st, Now Iraq is a free and sovereign country

I saw the clip yesterday...but isnt Hillarious one step ahead by claming "Iraq is a Sovereign and Independant Nation." ??? Still they are under UN/US sanctions.!

Still, its looking good ahead!! Go R V

I agree with you

No link, heard the words coming out of her mouth my self.

On Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, at aprox 9:10am,

Hillarious Clinton stated that "Iraq is a Sovereign and Independant Nation."

This was part of her statement in reference to removal of US troops by the end of the year.

Sorry, no link or video. Heck, I'm still drinking my coffee and waking up.

Don't really think this is "official."

Just putting the info out there.

Iraq has "officially" been a sovereign nation since June of 04...I think the operative word here might be "independant"...

• Upvote 1

Clinton warns Iran against moving into Iraq

By the CNN Wire Staff

October 23, 2011 -- Updated 1457 GMT (2257 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

NEW: McCain: U.S. withdrawal "is viewed in the region as a victory for the Iranians"

NEW: Graham: Decisions on Iraq and Afghanistan "are being run out of Chicago, not Washington"

Clinton: Iran should not "miscalculate" America's continued commitment to Iraq

Iranian President Ahmadinejad said his country does not plan to increase involvement with Iraq

(CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton warned Iran on Sunday not to view the withdrawal of U.S. combat troops from Iraq as an opportunity to try to build its influence in the country.

"No one, most particularly Iran, should miscalculate about our continuing commitment to and with the Iraqis going forward," she told CNN's "State of the Union" when asked whether Iran's relationship with Iraq is a concern.

In an interview last week with CNN's Fareed Zakaria, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said his country will not increase its involvement with Iraq because of the U.S. withdrawal.

When asked whether Iran will increase its efforts to train the Iraqi army, Ahmadinejad responded, "I think we should have done it sooner, maybe seven or eight years ago," adding that some deaths could have been avoided.

However, he said, "The Iraqi government is independent and sovereign. They should decide how to provide training for their military personnel."

U.S. President Barack Obama announced last week that virtually all U.S. troops will come home from Iraq by the end of the year.

Clinton, speaking to CNN from Uzbekistan, emphasized that the United States will continue a training mission in Iraq, as it has with some other countries. "What we will not have are combat troops and bases," she said. The United States will also have "a very robust diplomatic presence," as envisioned in agreements dating back to the previous administration of President George W. Bush, she said.

"Iran would be badly miscalculating if they did not look at the entire region and all of our presence in many countries in the region, both in bases, in training with NATO allies like Turkey. So I'm used to the president of Iran saying all kinds of things, but I think it's important to set the record straight."

Sen. John McCain of Arizona, the ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, assailed the U.S. withdrawal.

"I think it's a serious mistake. And there was never really serious negotiations between the administration and the Iraqis," he said on ABC's "This Week." "They could have clearly made an arrangement for U.S. troops."

Speaking from Jordan, McCain complained that the withdrawal plan "is viewed in the region as a victory for the Iranians. And I don't think there's any doubt there is." He added, "I'm very, very concerned about increased Iranian influence in Iraq."

"I think the fact that we have other bases in the region would have very little impact on Iraq itself," McCain said.

He cited Muqtada al-Sadr, the influential Iraqi Shiite cleric, as a potential conduit for Iranian influence, and said he believes Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki is "leaning more and more toward alliances" with Iran.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R- South Carolina, who also serves on the Armed Services Committee, told "Fox News Sunday" that he believes Obama has "made poor, dangerous policy questions at the strategic level when it comes to Iraq."

Rejecting Clinton's remark on the same program that Obama has exhibited "smart leadership in a complex world," Graham said he believes that "Iraq and Afghanistan are being run out of Chicago, not Washington, in terms of decisions," an apparent reference to Obama's re-election campaign, which is being run out of Chicago.

Graham added, "not able to close the deal in Iraq is a serious mistake. Celebrating leaving with no troops behind is a serious mistake."

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/23/world/meast/us-iran-iraq/

She may be talking in the future but it is not a slip up...I like it!

(AP) DUSHANBE, Tajikistan - The United States will continue to support Iraq as it moves toward democracy, U.S. Secretary of State Hillarious Rodham Clinton said Saturday as she wrapped up a week-long overseas trip.

Without mentioning Iran by name, Clinton warned Iraq's neighbors against meddling and said the U.S. and Iraq would remain close allies.

"As we open this new chapter in a relationship with sovereign Iraq, to the Iraqis we say: America is with you as you take your next steps in your journey to secure your democracy," she said.

"And to countries in the region, especially Iraq's neighbors, we want to emphasize that America will stand with our allies and friends, including Iraq, in defense of our common security and interests."

She said the United States would have a "robust, continuing presence throughout the region, which is proof of our ongoing commitment to Iraq and to the future of that region."

U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday declared the more than eight-year Iraq war will be over by the end of the year and said that virtually all U.S. troops will be brought home. Some 200 troops will remain to provide security at the U.S. Embassy and other offices.

Critics of the president warn that by withdrawing its troops, the U.S. is giving Iran an opening to increase its influence in Iraq.

Clinton is due back in Washington on Sunday following stops in North Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

I saw that too! :D

• Upvote 1

Iraq has "officially" been a sovereign nation since June of 04...I think the operative word here might be "independant"...

You hit it right on the nail. I paid close attention to the word "and" as well. Meaning, independent in addition to sovereign. New language, new day? Let's hope!

• Upvote 1

I don't mean to bring up any memories of " it depends on what your definition of 'is' is" stuff but, attorneys choose words carefully, sorry I don't mean to start a debate as to whether " independent" means Iraq is out of Chapter 7. That what I hope it means and we're waiting for an official announcement. Sure would be a great way to start the week wouldn't it?