Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Banks buying back dinars

Basser66

I went to my local bank to check on the procedures for the exchanging of dinars when the time comes, and I was told that as of Friday 9/30 they are no longer allowed to exchange the Iraqi dinar or the Viet. dong. For months they have been telling me that they can buy them back, but on Friday morning they received a memo informing all branches that they can no longer do this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I went to my local bank to check on the procedures for the exchanging of dinars when the time comes, and I was told that as of Friday 9/30 they are no longer allowed to exchange the Iraqi dinar or the Viet. dong. For months they have been telling me that they can buy them back, but on Friday morning they received a memo informing all branches that they can no longer do this.

This could be good or bad. Maybe smoke to stop anymore buying, or maybe they know somrthing we don"t (ie) it's worthless, lets not hope for the latter...........

What is the name of your bank? I'm going to check with mine on Monday.

Alex, personally, I don't believe this is true. Or let me rephrase to say that if something does happen, I believe they will change their tune. But I have to ask why u think this is "sweet"

Pure sarcasm... had it been REALLY "sweet", I would have written SAAAWEEEEET!! ;)

• Upvote 1

Well, if looking at this from the positive side... banks NOT buying back at this point could be seen as a directive, with consideration that something is changing, perhaps soon. Also, this does not mean that they will not be buying back/exchanging once it RVs... almost all banks will at that point. So, maybe it is....... Saaaaweeeet!

• Upvote 2

They're not buying 'cause the stuff's been rendered worthless. What FOOLS we were! :angry:

that's silly, IMO. IF the Dinar does something, they will want the business. IF it is worth what it is right now, which i believe IS just under what I paid for it, and I were to sell now, they would make money on that transaction. Shutting the door and making NOTHING makes no sense to me

So we lose a few grand or a little more (or less depending). I've lost more then that in 10 minutes in a slot machine <_< Not the end of the world ;)

But in all reality, I think the banks will be begging for our business once this goes down B)

Edited by Alex38
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So we lose a few grand or a little more (or less depending). I've lost more then that in 10 minutes in a slot machine <_< Not the end of the world ;)

But in all reality, I think the banks will be begging for our business once this goes down B)

You lost more than a few grand in 10 minutes at a slot machine?? :lol:

Well, if looking at this from the positive side... banks NOT buying back at this point could be seen as a directive, with consideration that something is changing, perhaps soon. Also, this does not mean that they will not be buying back/exchanging once it RVs... almost all banks will at that point. So, maybe it is....... Saaaaweeeet!

AGREED. Can you IMAGINE? If you go in and sell them your Dinar, then within a week or so it RV's don't you suppose you would be a bit MIFFED to say the least? And how much business do you think they would get if the public found out they KNEW it was about to change? GREAT NEWS if you ask me!!!

I imagine that the banks are saying to us that they don't want to be bothered by people coming in one at a time to cash in, as this takes too much time. What they want to do is wait until the RV and then have a group of employees to handle a rush of people cashing in. The bit of telling you that they are not cashing in Dinars is probable what their higher ups told them to say. Short and sweet without a long explanation. When it RV's they will probably shake your hand and take you right to someone who will be glad to gash you in. Just an opinion :):)

You lost more than a few grand in 10 minutes at a slot machine?? :lol:

Many times! Hahahahaah!!! B)

Hey Alex is that the only adjective you know, b/c you have a tendency to use it incessantly. If so, Saweeeet--- i understand.....

Ha! It's the only one that correctly explains things.... I think. :P