Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Chat with Huntington Bank - Corporate Foreign Currency office

truf

Called in and spoke with above around 3:30p EST today in Columbus, Ohio. I asked him what he thought of the Iraqi dinar, if they had any information, and if he had seen any bank procedures/codes about the IQD RV.

He asked me if I was a Huntington banker. Told him yes, and that I have some dinar. He told me they had seen nothing about it; no procedures, codes, anything. I then asked if he thought it would revalue in the next ... and he cut me off saying that he didn't think it would revalue in the next 5 years.

Reminder, this was the Foreign Currency Manager, not some bank teller or anything like that. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but feel free to google the department and call them yourself. (or for the lazy folk, https://www.huntingt...om/tm/TM23.htm)

Hopefully he was just throwing up smoke signals.. but I've been banking there for over 10 years.

A high end forex dealer will call us fools and buy it on the slide. So, disregard. Bank don't know nothing. they will know when we do.

According to these 'gurus' half this board messages, with the "ZOMG CODES ARE LAUNCHED WORLDWIDE BANKS KNOWZ THE INTEL! CHECK AT TOMORROWZZZZZ!"

I'm just passing information by talking to a bank, something not many people here do.

Calm down. Seriously, take that logic you just posted.

Too many people are bugging banks, so they quit carrying it? On something that if they were able to trade in, and would make money off of it?

Read all my my posts before you bash.. and work on reading comprehension. Something A LOT of people on this board lack.

Rich and compelling response. I'm glad you took time out of your busy day to respond to such a boring thread ;)

Read all of your posts.....what, all nine days of them.

Rogue Knight, touche". +1 for you.

Everyone needs to stop buying dinar which provides USD for Iraq to operate the country. The sooner their USD supply dries up the sooner they might rv. Yes, I know they get USD from their oil sales and that won't stop but their auctions and currency sales bring in hundreds of millions of dollars monthly.

• Upvote 2

Called in and spoke with above around 3:30p EST today in Columbus, Ohio. I asked him what he thought of the Iraqi dinar, if they had any information, and if he had seen any bank procedures/codes about the IQD RV.

He asked me if I was a Huntington banker. Told him yes, and that I have some dinar. He told me they had seen nothing about it; no procedures, codes, anything. I then asked if he thought it would revalue in the next ... and he cut me off saying that he didn't think it would revalue in the next 5 years.

In my view, if a person has that much vision and skill in "calling revaluations years ahead" he shouldn't be on a pencil pusher salary at some bank in some pedestrian town in some pedestrian state in the US.

If he has that sort of insights, he lives in Manhattan, Monte Carlo, St Tropez or Rome, drives a Maserati or Bugatti and has a topless butler called Carmen. Or Gina. Or Lola.

Everyone needs to stop buying dinar which provides USD for Iraq to operate the country. The sooner their USD supply dries up the sooner they might rv. Yes, I know they get USD from their oil sales and that won't stop but their auctions and currency sales bring in hundreds of millions of dollars monthly.

Their 2011 budget was $112B USD, or about $307M USD per day, so I don't think investor purchases are a significant factor.

I say take it with a grain of salt

Here is my Bank Stories

BOA Local Branch Manager says " I Dont know anything about the Dinar But I Have 2m"

Centenial Bank...... ALL workers at the branch HAVE dinar

Sun Trust Branch Manager " The Dinar is a Scam, Keep your Money"

Local Banks are as informed as we are, when it happens it happens

Hope For The Best I Say

Go RV

I went to an ATM and it did not know anything about the Dinar, or code either. But I am going to another one tomorrow and I will report what i find out. Go Rv.

Your ATM is blowing smoke my ATM says it wil RV Monday :lol::lol:

Edited by mrref

I say take it with a grain of salt

Here is my Bank Stories

BOA Local Branch Manager says " I Dont know anything about the Dinar But I Have 2m"

Centenial Bank...... ALL workers at the branch HAVE dinar

Sun Trust Branch Manager " The Dinar is a Scam, Keep your Money"

Local Banks are as informed as we are, when it happens it happens

Hope For The Best I Say

Go RV

Sun Trust... now there's a legit bank <_< didn't like their service much when I was living in Tampa

You know what, I believe you. I would normally toss a grenade into your oatmeal when someone posts a bank rumor. Not this time. I will save it for someone else.

I shall remember this on another day :lol:

In my view, if a person has that much vision and skill in "calling revaluations years ahead" he shouldn't be on a pencil pusher salary at some bank in some pedestrian town in some pedestrian state in the US.

If he has that sort of insights, he lives in Manhattan, Monte Carlo, St Tropez or Rome, drives a Maserati or Bugatti and has a topless butler called Carmen. Or Gina. Or Lola.

Makes me wonder what the real lives of the "gurus" are like :lol:

Too many people are treating this like a lottery ticket instead of an investment. Just Saying!

I agree, and I have heard it called an "expensive" lottery ticket. I don't agree. If I buy a lottery ticket, and it doesn't win I can't bring it back and get even some of my money back. With the Dinar, I can (if I wish) cash out, lose a few bucks, and move on

I don't doubt this person said what you claim, but I reject his opinion completely. Not because I don't like what he said (I don't), but because for anyone to say they can predict five years in the future in Iraq's turmultuous environment cannot be taken seriously. The U.S. economy and currency value cannot be predicted six months in advance and our economy and currency are certainly far more stable. If you could predict currency values and future economic conditions with certainty you would assuredly not be on this site!

Do I think the conversation took place? YES

Do I believe he said what he said? YES

Do I believe this foreign currency manager has any idea what the future holds? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

His last name wasn't Nostradamus, was it?

• Upvote 1