Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tax aimed at Dinar holders.

Doctor Smith

Buffet makes nearly all his money on capital gains. This tax won't effect him. An income tax supposedly for the rich.

I say this is to confiscate even more than 50% of our possible one time returns. :mad::angry::mad:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/22/us-usa-debt-taxes-democrats-idUSTRE78L76020110922

Their may be something to the rumors that Obama is holding this RV up in order to create some type of confiscation tax.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

The only, ONLY, person that has suggest a tax on the rich over 50% is Bill O'Reilly. So good for you. You are spreading the FOX propoganda. Yeah! Frighten everybody before there is anything to be frightened of. Perfect.

The proposed millionaire's tax is 39.75%, just as it was in the Clinton Administration, remember, when the country was rich with jobs. The opposite result of the Bush tax cuts.The level of income has not been determined either.

By the way, the way you spell putz is PUTZ. You know. Putz.

• Upvote 25
  • Downvote 28

The only, ONLY, person that has suggest a tax on the rich over 50% is Bill O'Reilly. So good for you. You are spreading the FOX propoganda. Yeah! Frighten everybody before there is anything to be frightened of. Perfect.

The proposed millionaire's tax is 39.75%, just as it was in the Clinton Administration, remember, when the country was rich with jobs. The opposite result of the Bush tax cuts.The level of income has not been determined either.

Both those parties are bought of whores. Democrats are nothing but tax tax tax, take away guns defend criminals etc. Republicans are puppets of the Corporations etc.

Look what Clinton did to cause the melt down in 2008. He repealed the Glass-Steagall act. :P

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2009/11/12/10-years-later-looking-at-repeal-of-glass-steagall/

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 2

Buffet makes nearly all his money on capital gains. This tax won't effect him. An income tax supposedly for the rich.

I say this is to confiscate even more than 50% of our possible one time returns. :mad::angry::mad:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/22/us-usa-debt-taxes-democrats-idUSTRE78L76020110922

Their may be something to the rumors that Obama is holding this RV up in order to create some type of confiscation tax.

Buffet makes his money from dividends, which are taxed at the same rate as long term capital gains but are not the same thing. While many options exist to implement a "Buffet rule", just taxing dividends as ordinar income is one of them and that would not impact dinar profits at all. They might raise the rate for ordinar income as an alternative as well and that would have an impact if you are of the view (as I am) that profits form this investment will be taxed as ordinar income. I'd be happy if there are any profits to be taxed in the first place! Edited by xyzzy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Please explain to me where the extra money collected from INCOME taxes will go.

Whether the rate is 39.75% or 50 %.... exactly what do you think would be done with the extra revenue collected?

• Upvote 6

Both those parties are bought of whores. Democrats are nothing but tax tax tax, take away guns defend criminals etc. Republicans are puppets of the Corporations etc.

Look what Clinton did to cause the melt down in 2008. He repealed the Glass-Steagall act. :P

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2009/11/12/10-years-later-looking-at-repeal-of-glass-steagall/

Indeed, and the astonishing thing to me is that after the sledge hammer blow to the head of the resulting financial melt down, a common theme of the republican "debates" and the tea party in general is that what we need to get out of this mess is less regulation.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I hope you find 40% just as outrageous as 50%.

If you're a business owner in CA you're already paying 50%. If you over tax, you actually lower revenues. The government is going to have to cut way back to fix this. And so far they have done nothing but increase spending as always.

Edited by Doctor Smith
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Indeed, and the astonishing thing to me is that after the sledge hammer blow to the head of the resulting financial melt down, a common theme of the republican "debates" and the tea party in general is that what we need to get out of this mess is less regulation.

Hmmm... It could be argued that if the free market were truly free we would not be in the mess we are in today.

It could also be argued that BAD government regulation led to the mess we are in today.

It can definitely be argued that if government would've stayed out of it once things were turning bad we probably would already be in recovery right now.

Instead, with TARP, Stimulus, QE1, QE2, etc. and the resulting trillions of dollars that have been printed we are most likely witnessing the economic collapse of America.

• Upvote 11

carrello I SPELL PUTTS MY WAY, YOU SPELL PUTTS YOUR WAY. WHATS DIFF.HE STILL A PUTTS,YOU GOT THE DRIFT!! GAVE MYSELF A NEG AGAIN! LOL LOL!!!!

Yours is wrong. In spelling, it is either right or it's wrong. There is no "my way" to spell correctly. In an earlier post, I said that correct spelling in casual writing is not as vital as some other parts of writing, but your claim that any old spelling works as long as you have spelled the word "my way" just won't fly. I know this is a fine distinction, but that's just how it is. <_< If you choose to spell any old way, fine. We all tolerate that here. But you can't build a defense of poor spelling by saying that you spelled the word "my way."

On the other hand, I support you [big time] in spreading the Fox News information, which some people erroneously call Fox Propaganda. haha

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

I don't think any tax hikes are going to get though anyway .Its all class warfare , re- election and firing up his far left cronies.

Yeah. It's probably some stunt to get everyone fighting against each other. A distraction from a real, more serious threat.:P Maybe if it's not too late they should all take pay-benefit cuts for all government employs until the public budget is balanced. Instead of slowly destroying the finances of everyone in the country-world.

• Upvote 2

Yeah. It's probably some stunt to get everyone fighting against each other. A distraction from a real, more serious threat.tongue.gif Maybe if it's not too late they should all take pay-benefit cuts for all government employs until the public budget is balanced. Instead of slowly destroying the finances of everyone in the country-world.

Without a doubt the "Buffett" tax plan is simply class warfare. It's only purpose is to appease a certain block of voters.

Nothing more.

• Upvote 4

Why would anyone make this an issue.

The reality is we do not know when the RV will occur.

We do not know the value of the RV until it occurs.

We do not know how we will be taxed until the RV occurs.

We do not know if Obama is going to target those of us who will be rich when the RV occurs.

Let stop all the B.S. and post facts only which are based upon solid intel and facts...

Have a great weekend...

B. :)

• Upvote 3

Hmmm... It could be argued that if the free market were truly free we would not be in the mess we are in today.

It could also be argued that BAD government regulation led to the mess we are in today.

It can definitely be argued that if government would've stayed out of it once things were turning bad we probably would already be in recovery right now.

Instead, with TARP, Stimulus, QE1, QE2, etc. and the resulting trillions of dollars that have been printed we are most likely witnessing the economic collapse of America.

Right you are sir, on each count!

• Upvote 3

Fact, there's no such thing as an unbiased news source. That being said Fox is one of the better news stations out there 1000x better then MSNBC and approximately 5x better then CNN (obviously my opinion). Bill O'Reilly is one of the most arrogant individuals on TV presently and often likes to exaggerate and dramatize issues which is probably where that 50% figure came from. However the top 1% of income taxpayers account for 37.8% of all income tax revenues, the top 30% account for over 70%, and the top 50% account for over 97%. To propose that "every one needs to get their fair shake" is absurd as the current tax code is already monumentally unfair. Do you know how the government defines a millionaire? Someone who makes $200,000.00 a year because is five years they'll have accumulated a million dollars. For the record the reason the Clinton Administration was so job rich was the dot.com era which as we all are aware didn't end so well.

I'm pretty sure "putz" or "puttz" is slang and not even a real word so you can spell it however you please.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/putz

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms

Noun 1. putz - (Yiddish) a fool; an idiot

Yiddish - a dialect of High German including some Hebrew and other words; spoken in Europe as a vernacular by many Jews; written in the Hebrew script

fool, muggins, saphead, tomfool, sap - a person who lacks good judgment

2. putzputz - obscene terms for penis

pecker, cock, ****, peter, prick, tool, shaft

penis, phallus, member - the male organ of copulation (`member' is a euphemism)

dirty word, vulgarism, obscenity, smut, filth - an offensive or indecent word or phrase

Don't be so worried there really is no chance this bill will pass. Obama attempted to pass this bill back when he had a democratic house and senate and it was shot out of the air in a blaze of glory. Now with a Republican house there isn't a chance in hell, in my opinion its nothing more then a political ploy so he can claim he "tried his best" but the tea party hates him so it's not his fault. He still has the option of an Executive order up his sleeve but at this point in time he would probably get himself impeached. On a side note the manner in which Obama is implementing Keynesian economics is for lack of a better term retarded. "lets rebuild our infrastructure and bridges" and "employ more teachers and hire more government workers" with stimulus money (by the way rebuilding infrastructure was proposed to him as part of the first stimulus but he rejected it). What happens when that money runs out? Everyone whom was just employed is now unemployed again. The unemployed will then be looking for another stimulus and another after that. All this accomplishes is making people more dependent on government , this not a long term solution but a temporary patch at best.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pelosi & Reid tried their best last year to sneek a Defense Slashing Bill in under the radar by attatching an Amendment to a windfall profit tax or ineritance tax up to 90%. That was shot down because of the way they tried to sneek it in at the last minute. They haven't given up.

• Upvote 1

Please explain to me where the extra money collected from INCOME taxes will go.

Whether the rate is 39.75% or 50 %.... exactly what do you think would be done with the extra revenue collected?

To expand government until it's worse than old Russia. To undermine Americans and pay the way for illegals. To enable more spending and no cutting. To fund the new world order. To fund global law enforcement to make sure no American escapes with their money to another country.

• Upvote 2

To expand government until it's worse than old Russia. To undermine Americans and pay the way for illegals. To enable more spending and no cutting. To fund the new world order. To fund global law enforcement to make sure no American escapes with their money to another country.

This question was aimed at Carrello as a method of education.

It is actually a trick question (in a sense) because INCOME taxes do not pay for government services and collecting them will not stimulate the economy or create jobs. That is not the purpose of INCOME taxes.