Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI down?

Backdoc65

Longtime lurker, first post. Just noticed the cbi

Website is down. Is this normal or could something

Be happening?

The site has been up and down the last several days. Either we're crashing their system by checking it too often or something is happening. Noticed the auctions were low today @ $50ish million. Hopefully this means something....

• Upvote 2

I just checked the CBI website, it opened for me. http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Home

Been off/on/off/on all day and yesterday...they have something going on like a major overhaul, may not be the look that is different but the system in the background they are working on!

The site has been up and down the last several days. Either we're crashing their system by checking it too often or something is happening. Noticed the auctions were low today @ $50ish million. Hopefully this means something....

That;s the lowest I have seen them, ever!

• Upvote 2

I dont get it.. I keep reading post like this but go to favorites on my computer and its not down. Since you folks cant open a link I coppied and pasted the last auction results. It seems thye sold 183 million on the 29th

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 29-AUG-2011. The results were as follows:

Details

Notes

Number of banks

Auction price selling dinar / US$

Auction price buying dinar / US$

-----

Amount sold at auction price (US$)

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$)

-----

Total offers for buying (US$)

Total offers for selling (US$)

I dont get it.. I keep reading post like this but go to favorites on my computer and its not down. Since you folks cant open a link I coppied and pasted the last auction results. It seems thye sold 183 million on the 29th

Well maybe not for you but I have been checking all morning and .... it comes and goes .... ( 08:46 am 05-09-2011 here )

I am in work right now we have five 500mb lines coming into this building and very little traffic this morning, I cant get it to open therefore it has to be the CBI site thats the problem.

And the Auction results you posted are not the latest thay held an auction yesterday for about $50Million ish they just haven't updated the results page which is nothing new..... I would post a link but I cant get it to open .... but if you can, go to the auction results page, click on the link for exchange rates and look at the end of the document the link opens .....

• Upvote 2

QUIT JONES'n

NEWBIE'S :D Bring a smile :) To my face EVERY TIME it's always that 1st post ya know.

Keep it up Backdoc65 I did it as well call it the cost of starting & WELCOME

IF YOU WANT IT

HERE IT IS

COME AND GET IT

BUT YOU BETTER HURRY

CAUSE IT'S COMING FAST

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You guys are just getting silly :) Its not down, it has not been down as far as I can tell for this entire time. So if you indeed can not get to the site its just due to network issues.

If you start to poke around you'll fine that if you "dig cbi.iq" you'll get 174.133.205.219, but if you browse to that addr you do not get to cbi.iq , This also does not mean anything, its always this way. This just means they are using a hosting service that uses a name based IP sharing configuration. The page that you will get to via that IP is in fact the Apache and CPanel welcome page you get when no content has been uploaded (and since you did not get to the service by a name, but by an IP, it doesn't know where to send you. Its sloppy that they didn't change this to an informative message, but again, it doesn't mean anything).

I'd like to know why you are fighting so hard for this not to mean anything on every thread you are on you are doing the same things over and over and expecting to get different results when everything is laid out for you there's planned documentation that you can find that proves everything...the Apache CPanel site you get from the IP has been there forever in that same manner has never changed and if it does it would be that they are working everything in the name hosted site and getting ready to move it to the Apache CPanel to put the host name together with root string IP.

• Upvote 3

Well maybe not for you but I have been checking all morning and .... it comes and goes .... ( 08:46 am 05-09-2011 here )

I am in work right now we have five 500mb lines coming into this building and very little traffic this morning, I cant get it to open therefore it has to be the CBI site thats the problem.

And the Auction results you posted are not the latest thay held an auction yesterday for about $50Million ish they just haven't updated the results page which is nothing new..... I would post a link but I cant get it to open .... but if you can, go to the auction results page, click on the link for exchange rates and look at the end of the document the link opens .....

Just got it working there ...... link to yesterdays auctions results http://www.cbi.iq/documents/CBI_FOREIGN_EXCHANGE_AUCTIONS.pdf

• Upvote 2

I am also still not able to connect with CBI site. I has been down for a few days now. They must be doing something to the site for so many to be having issues. 5:45 am eastern.

Last indicative rates shown are from August 29th. Since then the Iraqis celebrated the Eid holiday (3 days), there was a weekend in there somewhere, and then the new week. Normally they would have shown an indicative rate by Sunday, but they are stuck on the 29th. Does this mean an impending RV? Cound be. Time will tell.

if this was due to the server i would have thought the problem would have been sorted by now, its been like this since friday night, also they did have an auction yesterday as when you manage to get onto the website it is on the PDF files, but not on their website, also Friday night, saturday morning someone over there took the trouble to put the announcement online regarding Shabibi's meeting in America so if they can get onto their website to do all these things then why havent the updated the currency auction or the date on the exchange rates, makes you a little suspicious :blink: ....as was said the banking system has been updated with the latest technology, so why now are they having such problems , just a thought

Edited by blonde_minx

Not again! Down, Not Down, Works for me, Not working for me, Using Firefox, Using Google Chrome,,,,,,,, Down, Not Down, Works for me, Not working for me, Using Firefox, Using Google Chrome..... Down, Not Down, Works for me, Not working for me, Using Firefox, Using Google Chrome..................... Down, Not Down, Works for me, Not working for me, Using Firefox, Using Google Chrome.............. Down, Not Down, Works for me, Not working for me, Using Firefox, Using Google Chrome........... Down, Not Down, Works for me, Not working for me, Using Firefox, Using Google Chrome.

Spare yourself the agony of wondering. This has been 3 days now and all day yesterday it was discussed.

Because that is the truth, it does not mean anything. Folks are getting themselves all worked up over nothing.

Maybe you read with glasses that have a big RV on the lenses and wearing headphones blasting RV RV RV into your ears. Any sort of objective analysis says there is no fortune to be made here.

Which is just what I said, so if anyone sees that, don't go getting all worked about it meaning something as it does not.

why does this guy get 5 negatives? he replied in a very polite and civil manner but because he told you what you did not want to hear? the cbi website goes down about every 6 weeks for maintenance, technical problems, us crashing it or just human error. it has done that for years. the same with the auctions. the auction results dont get posted sometimes. no big deal. the auction results have been low also. people look for an indication of the rv in anything out there. when somebody with common sense comes along to burst their bubble, they get a negative. i know we are getting close but we were very close this time last year also. just relax, lay off the negative button and wait patiently for the rv.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Longtime lurker, first post. Just noticed the cbi

Website is down. Is this normal or could something

Be happening?

This is nothing new I've been in this investment for almost 8 years and it's been shutting down for at least that long.. When I first saw the cbi website shut down I got all excited, but then it was just a normal thing... at least thats what I was told...... :lol::lol:

• Downvote 1

Just got it working there ...... link to yesterdays auctions results http://www.cbi.iq/documents/CBI_FOREIGN_EXCHANGE_AUCTIONS.pdf

I was just able to finaly connect to the auctions and it says latest daily currency auction was aug 29th

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1969)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 29-AUG-2011. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 21

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 183,036,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 183,036,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

I was just able to finaly connect to the auctions and it says latest daily currency auction was aug 29th

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1969)

Details Notes

Number of banks 21

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 183,036,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 183,036,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Yes correct .... the last auction that was posted on that page was the 29th ..... but if you check the link I posted to the CBI Auction spreadsheet you would see that they had an auction yesterday for $50,405,000 .... like I said ... It common for them to forget to update the Auction page, bt their auction spreadsheet was updated yesterday rate was 1170 as uaual.

Well you wont be able to check that now as the CBI's web account has been suspended .....

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 1

This Account Has Been Suspended

Possible reasons why you are seeing this message:

• The account has exceed one of it's quotas.
  • The account was a free web hosting account associated with a Runbox Email account that has been terminated.
  • The account was a paid web hosting account that was not renewed.
  • The account's contact information could not be confirmed.

If you are the owner of this account please contact Runbox Web Hosting: http://support.runbox.com.

why does this guy get 5 negatives? he replied in a very polite and civil manner but because he told you what you did not want to hear? the cbi website goes down about every 6 weeks for maintenance, technical problems, us crashing it or just human error. it has done that for years. the same with the auctions. the auction results dont get posted sometimes. no big deal. the auction results have been low also. people look for an indication of the rv in anything out there. when somebody with common sense comes along to burst their bubble, they get a negative. i know we are getting close but we were very close this time last year also. just relax, lay off the negative button and wait patiently for the rv.

He likely got the deserved red, nasty, negatives not because of the stuff about the IP-computer jargon....but because of his need to use his "Common Sense" and crap on our dreams, when he said:

"Maybe you read with glasses that have a big RV on the lenses and wearing headphones blasting RV RV RV into your ears. Any sort of objective analysis says there is no fortune to be made here." <--------(Then WHY are you here?)

Xyzzy, Sir, if your objective analysis tells you there is no fortune to be made here, may I direct you to that other little red button on your screen? No, not the one with the " - " The one with the "X".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1