Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FROM KAPERONI, WITH LINKS, WHAT IS THE LATEST DATE DINAR CAN RV ? AND A POSSIBLE RATE !!: Dinar Recaps 8/26/11

blonde_minx

from another site

kaperoni] Please no typing…to prevent yourself from getting kicked while your sitting idle, periodically click the “Online” button above the list of names.

[kaperoni] Ok, lets get started.

[kaperoni] I think this past week was very good.

[kaperoni] Let’s start with a timeline. When is the latest date this dinar can RV?

[kaperoni] Here is an article that came out…

[kaperoni] Iraqi Govt to Announce $Billions of Opportunities in London Posted on 10 August 2011.

[kaperoni] http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2011/08/10/iraqi-govt-to-announce-billions-of-opportunities-in-london/

[kaperoni] There are several great quotes in this article that I feel will give us our timeline.

[kaperoni] First quote…

[kaperoni] “Billions of dollars worth of investment opportunities are expected to be announced by Iraq’s Minister of Industry and Minerals, H.E. Mr Ahmad Nassir Al-Karbooli (pictured), on 7 September at Iraq Mining 2011 in London,”

[kaperoni] At this event will be…

[kaperoni] “Dr. Sinan al-Shabibi, Governor of Central Bank of Iraq”

[kaperoni] “The rigorous study was undertaken over a seven year period and will reveal Iraq’s hidden potential for the first time.”

[kaperoni] Ok, so Iraq is going to open the study book….they are going to reveal the mineral studies as well as oil. Now what good is this if nobody wants to come into Iraq and deal with the current banking system?

[kaperoni] Now we read this…

[kaperoni] “Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq as well as top representatives from the banking, business and education sectors – all attending with the sole purpose of carrying out business with potential foreign investors.”

[kaperoni] Now this quote shows us the sole purpose of this meeting is to carry out business deals…I think that is pretty self explanatory…these deals cannot happen without a tradeable currency which allows investors to get the profits out of Iraq.

[kaperoni] Now this quote…

[kaperoni] “National Investment Commission of Iraq (NIC), whose role is to support Iraq’s substantial re-engagement with investors from around the world.”

[kaperoni] They tell you they want to re-engage with the world…how do they do that without a tradable currency? They cannot.

[kaperoni] And one more…

[kaperoni] “After decades of underinvestment, due to conflict and sanctions, Iraq is now actively seeking international investment and expertise to help rebuild its world-class mining, mineral, and material industries.”

[kaperoni] Now, Iraq has scheduled this event to show the world their wealth. But they have a currency that is worthless. So how can they engage in international business, encourage investment with a currency that is not representative of the wealth of

[kaperoni] the country?

[kaperoni] They cannot.

Read More button on right

[kaperoni] IMO, they must RV the currency prior to this event, and then this event is justification for the new value. IMO the 7th of Sept is the very latest date for the RV.

[kaperoni] Now the next article is…

[kaperoni] Central Bank of Iraq stresses that the new currency will not affect the financial value of money 2011/08/14 neighbors – Baghdad – East

[kaperoni] http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25A8%25D9%2586%25D9%2583%2B%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D9%2585%25D8%25B1%25D9%2583%25D8%25B2%25D9%258A%2B%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25B9%25D8%25B1%25D8%25A7%25D9%2582%25D9%258A%2B2011/08/14%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address%26rlz%3D1I7RNSN_en%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&u=http://aljeeran.net/iraq/28396.html

[kaperoni] This article is important…why? Because for the first time they cut the confusion and bull from the articles and explain what they really mean in regard to the rate.

[peronioni] error kap

[kaperoni] peronioni I’ll fix link later

[peronioni] k

[kaperoni] chat does not let me post whole link

[kaperoni] Here is a quote..

[kaperoni] “Which will not affect the financial value of money. “

[kaperoni] What they are saying here is that the currency that is currently is circulation (3 zeros) the value will not be effected. So in other words, there is no LOP.

[kaperoni] This is one of only a few times that they state that the introduction of the new lower denominations will not effect the older notes value.

[kaperoni] That is key IMO

[kaperoni] and shortens the timeline to imminent

[kaperoni] Another quote..

[kaperoni] “Saleh, said that the process of dispensing with the old currency would be gradual”

[kaperoni] This quote tells us that there will not be an immediate timeline. That you can take your time getting your affairs in order before you exchange. That the removal will be gradual.

[kaperoni] This is also puts and end to the talk of a window such as 30 days or 90 days. You will have plenty of time to exchange your dinars at the new higher rate,

[kaperoni] The next article is …

[kaperoni] Central Bank confirms that the new currency will be printed with 3 languages 14/08/2011 PM – 10:12 AM

[kaperoni] http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&prev=hp&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://alforattv.net/index.php%3Fshow%3Dnews%26action%3Dcat%26id%3D23

[kaperoni] This article has this quote…

[kaperoni] “Saleh pointed out “there is no difference in the new currency on rights at the exchange rate and acquisitions,” noting “when we want to buy dollars in 1200, we buy at one dinar dinars and 200 fils.”

[kaperoni] Now, this is a bit confusing and makes no sense with the computer translator…but this is my view as to what it really means.

[kaperoni] My interpretation is they are saying is that when they want $1,200 dollars, they will pay 1,000 dinars (they say “one dinar dinars” -which to me is really one thousand) and 200 fils. or a 1 to $1 rate.

[kaperoni] That is your rate folks.

[kaperoni] Initially

[kaperoni] So I think this week’s news has been great. First they filled the streets again with lots of articles informing the people what they are about to do. Though it is hard to understand why they have often

[kaperoni] filled the websites, media, and papers with this information, it is to inform the people of Iraq the people who are truly suffering. And this week was not different. This was a week of articles that tells us more of the plan.

[kaperoni] I found a website that had Arabic feedback to these recent CBI delete 3 zeroarticles. I went through all of them.

[kaperoni] This following response I felt was key…I think it tells the CBI the feeling of the people of Iraq…

[kaperoni] Here is the quote…

[kaperoni] “Right step and do not affect at all on the owners of capital and the general public. We demand to speed up the implementation of the project. “

[kaperoni] So we can see, the Iraq people also want this RV now. They are poor and need this as much as we might need it here.

[kaperoni] Lastly, we have seen progress with the GOI, specifically the Erbil agreement.

[kaperoni] Here is an article..

[kaperoni] Iraqi parliament: the second reading of the Law Council senior policy after the Eid holiday 14/08/2011 15:10

[kaperoni] http://translate.google.com/translate?langpair=ar|en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aknews.com%2Far%2Faknews%2F2%2F215456%2F

[kaperoni] So when is the end of the EID holiday? The end is August 30, 2011

[kaperoni] So we see progress with the 1st reading of the Strategic Council. Followed by comments that changes need to be made.

[kaperoni] But these will be put in place and once the end of the EID comes, they will read the law “directly.” So IMO we will not see this Erbil agreement finished until the 1st week of Sept.

[kaperoni] Will Shabibi wait?

[kaperoni] Remember what i said before about two rates?

[kaperoni] But as I was told months ago, there were two rates. It appears that the lower rate (close to 1 to 1) is going to be the rate.

[kaperoni] So IMO, Shabibi is not going to wait. He is ready to RV and the RV can come at any time.

[kaperoni] Done

• Upvote 16
  • Downvote 1

I'm in a difference of opinion with the consideration of the 2011 London Mining event...

Looks like they're trying to draw in some foregin investors though.... And not just for the natural resources they sit on..

But, whatever bids that are won, normally also take about 1-2 years before they really get flowing.

I wonder if the findings from the 7-year study will be available to the public after Sept. 7th??

• Upvote 1

This chat is a bit old, but the point about the event in London next month is valid. Iraq is going to reveal just how much natural wealth they are sitting on.

Kinda makes sense. How can they really "strut their stuff" when they have "please don't squeeze the Charmin" money?

Thank you for the post, and thanks to Kaperoni for the information.

I must say though, nothing in this is new. All of this "news" is not fresh. Kap says that the value not being affected has only been printed a few times, not true. It has been printed over and over. I have seen it ten times, at least.

Also, Eid is not over on the 30th. It begins on the 30th. Ramadan ends of the 30th. Eid goes until September 4th, and is the celebration of the ending of Ramadam.

Just want to keep our info straight.

• Upvote 1

[kaperoni] “Saleh pointed out “there is no difference in the new currency on rights at the exchange rate and acquisitions,” noting “when we want to buy dollars in 1200, we buy at one dinar dinars and 200 fils.”

[kaperoni] Now, this is a bit confusing and makes no sense with the computer translator…but this is my view as to what it really means.

[kaperoni] My interpretation is they are saying is that when they want $1,200 dollars, they will pay 1,000 dinars (they say “one dinar dinars” -which to me is really one thousand) and 200 fils. or a 1 to $1 rate.

This interpretation is incorrect, and you can TELL it is incorrect.

He's saying one thousand dinar and 200 fils = 1200 dollars and that's a 1 to 1 rate. That is wrong. 1 thousand dinar and 200 fils = 1000.2 dinar, so it would not be a 1 to 1 rate.

The number 1000.2 really doesn't make sense in this context, but 1.2 does. one dinar dinars and 200 fils means 1.2 dinar.

What Saleh said makes perfect sense if you read it as "if you want to buy a dollar (or something worth a dollar) you can pay 1200 (i.e. just a rounding of their 1170 exchange rate) or you can pay 1.2 dinars."

Further supporting this, he says new currency. Obviously he's not talking about the currency that came out in 2003 if he's talking new currency. And (if you were to believe kaperonis interpretation) he can't be talking about new lower denoms, because 1200 dinar wouldn't require new lower denoms, they already have thousands and hundreds. Because he can not be talking about either of those, he has to be talking about a completely new currency, i.e. a complete RD.

Interpreted this way, his “there is no difference in the new currency on rights at the exchange rate and acquisitions" also makes sense. If a 25,000 note worth 21 bucks becomes a 25 note worth 21 bucks, nothing has changed in your purchasing power (acquisitions). That statement doesn't really make any sense from a 1 to 1 RV interpretation. In a 1 to 1 RV there is a HUGE difference in the "new" currencies "rights" to make "acquisitions."

Put this together with the other delete the zero articles and the fact that they're talking about an RD (lop) is extremely obvious.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

dinarguru2.jpg

I think it would more likely happen after "Sept. 7th" - but just like any optimistic person, I would love to be wrong.

The 7-year study will release to potential foreign investors their potential of wealth in natural resources. A 7-year study, is likely very in-depth, that covers a large range of options.

This information may be available now, but more likely would be available after Sept. 7th. I still think, even at that point, the full study would be hard to find. Props to anyone who finds it.

I'm looking at the Sectors that will show up & basically sell themselves.

Banking Sector: Probably to say, "Yes, we can handle your investments. Our banking industry is strong, and always improving... - (A summary of what they have to say.)

Business Sector: Probably to say, "We're always expanding. We look for opportunities to better ourselves by pairing with foreign investors to work hand-in-hand."

Education Sector: Probably to say, "We intend to promote education within our region to educate the people to be a strong dependable work force for any foreign investors."

This doens't seem like some sort of issue to be short-term. I think they think in terms of long-term on what they wish to succeed upon.

I think they desire to enter the free-market society, while using the natural resources to give them that stimulating bump to get them there.

Their project GDP growth rate looks to be fast-paced. But, that isn't too hard when your near the bottom and the only way to go is up. But, they seem like, in terms of %s, will be growing at a rather fast pace. Which would make sense , as they rebuild more opportunities arise.

• Upvote 3

[kaperoni] They tell you they want to re-engage with the world…how do they do that without a tradable currency? They cannot.

Sure they can. They will trade with the rest of the world in the same currency the rest of the world uses; USD!

[kaperoni] Now, Iraq has scheduled this event to show the world their wealth. But they have a currency that is worthless. So how can they engage in international business, encourage investment with a currency that is not representative of the wealth of Iraq

I am not sure is kap is kidding or not, but I will assume he (or she) isnt. Iraq's wealth has nothing to do with their currency's echange rate! The exchange rate is a product of their ecomonic policy, not their national resources and wealth. Their wealth comes from their oil; not from the rate their currency is traded at.

Edited by Rich in TX
  • Upvote 1

I am not sure is kap is kidding or not, but I will assume he (or she) isnt. Iraq's wealth has nothing to do with their currency's echange rate! The exchange rate is a product of their ecomonic policy, not their national resources and wealth. Their wealth comes from their oil; not from the rate their currency is traded at.

Hi Rich,

Since your depicting this, I saw something in your response that I thought might make sense. They have to turn there oil into some sort of exchange currency whether it be USD/DINARS/GOLD or whatever because you can't goto a 7-11 and trade a cup of oil for a slurpee..or can you??? :blink:

Just my thoughts on this response. :D

• Upvote 1

Good post but London holds many business/trade fairs for many countries sadly none of them RV or what ever you wish to call it prior to the visit.

Also Iraq has been actively seeking foreign investments from many avenues over the last 7 years but still have not RVed

Last but not least Iraq has received billions of $s in foreign investment over the last 5 years but once again RV is still pending

In summary

The 7th of September isn’t a deadline for the RV, London business meeting is only to highlight Iraq’s mineral studies to offer business propositions to foreign investments (would you invest in toilet paper)

Its just a big advertising campaign & that’s it.

If it RVs before the 7th September I will divorce my wife (go RV) :D

Wow dosent Possum look real grey & old :lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1