Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRENE!!!!

littlefeet

be safe ..and oh lord please if your going to take anything out please....please just take out the cast of jersey shore MHO...but be safe

They give us joisians such a bad reputation. I personally like to earn my bad rep one girl at a time ;)

Here little pink piggy piggy :eyebrows:

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to give a shout out to those on the East Coast, be safe, party a little and GOOD LUCK!tongue.gif

Hey Little..

Giving you a thumbs up on your post.

Here's what happening.. not a meteorologist but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Realize this thing is 400 miles wide but our benefit is that 70% of it will remain off shore

Eastern North Carolina.. They're going to get hit, flooding and very high winds.. some coastal damage but not a major hit

Washington DC.. Very bad weather, storms, some storm surge in the Chesapeake Bay and some costal flooding. Possibility of a tornado. Just don't plan on going anywhere for 24 hours.

New York City. Not good news. Transportation is going to be shut down, very high winds, surge, rain and flooding. Predicting a Cat 2 at the time.

East coast up to Boston. It's gonna be really messy. Although the storm will taper because of the cooler waters off shore, there will be a significant rain and flooding with storm surge as well. Not huge though.

Maine... it's gonna be really crappy, wind and a lot of rain.. not super high winds with damage but it's just going to be very wet with some storm surge.

A huge benefit, (if there is one) is that Irene will begin to pick up her pace and begin to move north and north east much faster then as it approached into the tip of Florida.

Let me know if I'm far off ...

• Upvote 1

Good luck to everyone on the east coast. I have personally been through hurricanes and seen the aftermath of many others, the destruction potential is just incredible.

Please take the situation seriously! Don’t wait until the last minute to evacuate. Hundreds of my Red Cross family are on alert or are travelling from around the country to set shelters and feeding operations in case it is needed. Others are traveling to staging areas to be able to move into impacted areas after the storm passes, to assist the storm victims.

God bless everyone. Be careful out there.

Good luck to everyone on the east coast. I have personally been through hurricanes and seen the aftermath of many others, the destruction potential is just incredible.

Please take the situation seriously! Don’t wait until the last minute to evacuate. Hundreds of my Red Cross family are on alert or are travelling from around the country to set shelters and feeding operations in case it is needed. Others are traveling to staging areas to be able to move into impacted areas after the storm passes, to assist the storm victims.

God bless everyone. Be careful out there.

You are right, I can see this is huge. It didn't seem so real yesterday, but now I am getting worried. The last big one that came up the CT river valley was the hurricane of 1938 - that was a Catagory 3 it, took out 25 million trees in the northeast. From the last map I saw it looks like it is heading inland a bit, almost the same path.

We were told to evacuate by midnight Thursday. We live in the very southern part of New Jersey. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of choices of where to go..

We won't be able to return home until sometime Monday. My dad's memorial service has been cancelled for Saturday and we need to find places for relatives to be safe that flew

in for the service. Let's pray that Irene makes a sharp turn to the north east before anyone else is hurt or killed. There's only 3 roads that exit this county and it's summer at the

shore. Not a pretty scenario with other shore counties also being given mandatory evacuation orders now. People are panicking and their driving is showing it.

discipletoo

Discipleto - The local radio staions or the Emergency Management office should be putting out the informaiton on were shelters are located in-land. Alot of people wait until the last minute to evacuate, this is sometimes a fatal mistake. Especially from an area with limited road access. There can be traffic jams, people run out of fuel, breakdowns, accidents, etc. Then people get stranded. It happened during the evacuation from Houston during hurricane Rita a few years ago.. I was there and saw it! Make sure you have supplies for 72 hours and the gas tanks are full before you leave if possible. Good luck.

thank you. We have plenty of food, a generator on standby for where ever we go, water and patience as well as offers of a place to stay though they are all in the area of mandatory evacuation

for later today. They feel they are safe. And they are safer than we are unless we get the direct hit they are calling for. So far we have managed to get the children out to safer areas and also

for two of our guests. We will probably make our move out of here by Friday night as we will be spending the day securing our home. My brother is part of Emergency Management and is keeping

us updated. I work at the local hospital and may need to be on standby