Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

the X factor has begun

Just trying to explain how ..Logistically ..they will not R.V. until everybody is ready , not saying that the COMPANY has any sway in this but the military that they support does ,

The military will not let 90% of there contractors jump ship and go home because they know once the dinar R.V.s ,everybody is out and the military will not have mission failure.

December is when Logcap 3 expires and is when the dinar would most likely do its magic .

link http://www.emiratesweek.com/2011/08/13802

HOUSTON – Wednesday, August 3rd 2011 [ME NewsWire]

(BUSINESS WIRE)– KBR (NYSE: KBR) today announced it was awarded a task order by the U.S. Army Contracting Command under its current Logistics Civil Augmentation Program (LOGCAP) IV contract to execute the LOGCAP IV Post 2011 Base Life support (BLS) requirements for the U.S. Department of State’s mission in Iraq. The task order is valued at over $500 million with a Period of Performance of one base year plus one option year. This award is KBR’s third task order under the LOGCAP IV contract.

KBR will provide support to U.S. Embassy staff in Baghdad and services at other diplomatic posts throughout Iraq. Services will include facilities and utilities management, fire fighting, food service, laundry, shuttle bus services, retail fuel, postal service and air field operations.

“This award affirms the U.S. government’s recognition of KBR’s proven capability to deliver projects and services in logistically challenging environments,” said Mark Williams, President, KBR Infrastructure, Government and Power. “KBR is proud to support the U.S. Department of State’s mission as we continue our support of the U.S. Government in Iraq which began in 2003.”

KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.

Contacts

KBR

Edited by sunshinelvr
added the article
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just trying to explain how ..Logistically ..they will not R.V. until everybody is ready , not saying that the COMPANY has any sway in this but the military that they support does ,

The military will not let 90% of there contractors jump ship and go home because they know once the dinar R.V.s ,everybody is out and the military will not have mission failure.

December is when Logcap 3 expires and is when the dinar would most likely do its magic .

link http://www.emiratesweek.com/2011/08/13802

WOW YOU ARE VERY SMART TO FIGURE THAT OUT B)B)

• Upvote 1

Im quite sure that Iraq doesnt care if contractors would leave their jobs. That's an issue the DOD would have to deal with. Not all contractors would leave their jobs and if in fact they did, KBR would have no problem replacing them with the economy in the shape that it is.

• Upvote 6

I thought that LOGCAP III was already finished with and LOGCAP IV was current. KBR has done a good job in replacing US citizens with people from other countries, so they can make more profit for the company. Another reason why I left KBR. That has to be one of the worst companies I have ever worked for.

• Upvote 5

And what happens to those who do not honor thier contracts??

Yep, they get sued.

Contractors are making a pretty penny working for the government.

They are not going to leave a cash cow.

LOL , ohh yeah , do you really know how ..The company... pays their employees ? Compared to other contractors out there its like wellfare checks.

• Upvote 1

And what happens to those who do not honor thier contracts??

Yep, they get sued.

Contractors are making a pretty penny working for the government.

They are not going to leave a cash cow.

Absolutely right Krome. They are making damn good money and not under as much of a threat as before. They'd be stupid to quit their jobs if there was an RV.

LOL , ohh yeah , do you really know how ..The company... pays their employees ? Compared to other contractors out there its like wellfare checks.

I do. A mechanic quit working for me and went to work for KBR in May and he's making over $100K a year...tax free. Thats better than any welfare check.

• Upvote 1

Im quite sure that Iraq doesnt care if contractors would leave their jobs. That's an issue the DOD would have to deal with. Not all contractors would leave their jobs and if in fact they did, KBR would have no problem replacing them with the economy in the shape that it is.

EXACTLY! They have a FULL backlog of contractors chompin at the bit to get in there!

• Downvote 1

link http://www.emiratesw...m/2011/08/13802

I hope you are right! But I have a question for you that I hope you can answer.

Lets say they RV 1 Dinar at $1. Will the another site that pays his Iraqi employee $300 a month now (or 351,000 Dinar a month)... pay him $300,000 a month after it RV's??? If so... How much will the Americans working in Iraq make? How will the shareholders of the contracting company react? Will they fire all Iraqi's working for them? If so, how will that help support the Iraqi economy if they loose all of those jobs? Just curious. Hope to get an answer. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Lets say they RV 1 Dinar at $1. Will the another site that pays his Iraqi employee $300 a month now (or 351,000 Dinar a month)... pay him $300,000 a month after it RV's??? If so... How much will the Americans working in Iraq make? How will the shareholders of the contracting company react? Will they fire all Iraqi's working for them? If so, how will that help support the Iraqi economy if they loose all of those jobs? Just curious. Hope to get an answer. Thanks!

Good to see you again Drox. Anxious to see his reply. :)

I must say i don't think they would leave , I have a friend that worked for a contractor In Iraq, the man made over 4 grand a week. And did 2 tours of 2 yrs each. When he came home it was all tax free money. Bought 2 Harley's, a home a in ground pool, two new cars and is still living large. So i don't think folks will leave its just icing on the cake :D .

IMO contractors/companies will adjust their pay scale to the equivalent buying power of the currency. If the employee is paid 351,000 dinar, the present buying power is $300. The RV takes place with a $1 to 1d. The employee might get a raise to 351dinar. The salary would reflect the RV buying power of the dinar. It would be the same for the U.S. workers, shareholders, and the contractor. What they do with their accumulated dinar is another matter. I'd cash it in.:)

• Upvote 2

My husband worked in Iraq for KBR the last three years. They are in Logcap IV right now.

There will always be people willing to go there to work as long as our economy is the way it is now. Not everyone is buying dinar either. And some need the work/money right now.

When it does RV, that will be icing on the cake. The employees can break their contract whenever they want, but they will have to pay taxes on the money earned up to that point in the year, unless they already had taxes witheld. Some do that, just in case they might decide to leave before their year is up.

We bought some in country, and continue to buy now, more is always better, right? :D

• Upvote 3

Who cares if all of the current contractors quit their jobs because they suddenly became millionaires as a result of an RV. It's not like EVERY American owns dinars. From what I've read, only 2-3 million Americans own dinars. So, if all of these current contractors quit, their jobs don't disappear with them. No, instead, you'll have a whole bunch of well-paying jobs open up for those Americans who don't own dinars. If you think about it, the RV will turn out to be an immediate jobs program for a country that has a lot of people out of work...and the government won't have to institute any new legislation to create these jobs, because they already exist.

Edited by Rabbi
  • Upvote 1