Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Advisor to the Central Bank surprised the draft decision to delay change currency

This scary. You can write it off as smoke and mirrors etc. (which I hope it is) but it scares me.

Dalite....there really was no gov. when the zeroes were added. I would be shocked if they did this without GOI approval. Actually if it is an RV or RI, I believe GOI is necessary. Basically if it involves money out of the budget GOI must approve.

Anyone, correct me if I am wrong.

• Upvote 1

When Shabibi addressed the group in April, I remember that he made a point in the Q&A that the 3 zeros were added without the consent of government, which seems to imply he felt that he could remove them without consent.

A RD would require GOI consent, and, frankly, that is what I am holding on to.

I try to be aware of the possibilities, but still hope for RV...

They were in a war back then and we we're there government. Saying they have to approve one and not the other makes no sense.

• Upvote 1

I agree. The tone of the article feels like the CBI expected to have this done already.

Perhaps that is why Shabbi made the statements last Month which inferred that some Action was Expected within 10 Days.

Thx for the OP Z !

• Upvote 2

Getting the reportedly corrupt GOI to get off the "Let them eat cake" mentality and to distribute wealth among the Iraq people is kinda like putting a young child in a room full of toys and asking him to do his homework. Probably not going to happen unless someone with more authority forces them to do it. The US government, the IMF, CBI, the UN, one or all of them is going to have to grow a set and force the issue.

From what I can tell The CBI is under the control of the GOI... Not the TBI anymore...

Can someone elaborate what the constant use of the word 'feminine' is referring to? Or is it just a mistranslation of sorts?

Some words are not recognized in the electronic translation software. Certain words have multiple meanings and must be viewed in context...

When this is over I am going to need to enter a 12 step program to ease my addiction to the emotional roller coaster, I feel like a year old Jack Russell terrier on meth! I have only been here for a month, I can't imagine the lack of hair, the shot nerves, and nervous twitches you vets have.... I imagine some could disarm a nuclear bomb with in 5 seconds blindfolded, without breaking a sweat they have gotten so callous to emotion.

GO RV!!! (seriously, go rv, pronto, I'm losing my mind, think my dog is talking to me!!)

:mellow::D :D :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 6

The CBI is an autonomous agency. Do they really need to have the GOI's permission to go forward?

Why are you here? I thought DV was only a place for BS posts!

I am so tired of people talking out of both sides of their faces (pun intended with your avatar)

what happened... couldn't get a date at DDater?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

They were in a war back then and we we're there government. Saying they have to approve one and not the other makes no sense.

Just going with what came out of the Q&A when Shabbi made his address in NY back in April.

I found it surprising also.

He seemed under the opinion that the large notes were a carry over from Saddam.

It was an interesting address. Audio, Video and transcripts are available for review.

This scary. You can write it off as smoke and mirrors etc. (which I hope it is) but it scares me.

Dalite....there really was no gov. when the zeroes were added. I would be shocked if they did this without GOI approval. Actually if it is an RV or RI, I believe GOI is necessary. Basically if it involves money out of the budget GOI must approve.

Anyone, correct me if I am wrong.

I think you are correct.

I was surprised at his comments, and got comfort that he was approaching Maliki with the plan.

In my mind, I was seeing it as still a possibility of a RV.

But you are correct that it will involve the GOI; if nothing else for the support the different departments (ministries) can provide.

I don't see the articles as smoke and mirrors, but the translation sometimes leaves room for error.

I would prefer to see a RV; even a small one. As long as it is more than a penny, I'm good.

• Upvote 2

When this is over I am going to need to enter a 12 step program to ease my addiction to the emotional roller coaster, I feel like a year old Jack Russell terrier on meth! I have only been here for a month, I can't imagine the lack of hair, the shot nerves, and nervous twitches you vets have.... I imagine some could disarm a nuclear bomb with in 5 seconds blindfolded, without breaking a sweat they have gotten so callous to emotion.

GO RV!!! (seriously, go rv, pronto, I'm losing my mind, think my dog is talking to me!!)

:mellow::D :D :lol: :lol:

Very funny!! I love it................ :lol::lmao: :lmao: :lol:

Why are you here? I thought DV was only a place for BS posts!

I am so tired of people talking out of both sides of their faces (pun intended with your avatar)

what happened... couldn't get a date at DDater?

Ha. That's really cute. Thanks for all your effort to take that post completely out of context.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wow, another currency press release today. When these rashes of financial news stories come out that seem to contradict or make changes from previous ones, I get excited.

Remember 2005, China saying it wasn't going to revalue till later on in the year, after speculators went wild over rumours? .

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-05/12/content_441578.htm

The just a month later they revalued.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Chinese_yuan_revalued_against_dollar

Iraq, like China in 2005 is trying to keep the big currency speculators at bay with all this nonsense and it's working so far!

Women in the ME are for making babies, NOTHING else!

But let me get this straight. That was only a +2.1% RV ? I don't exactly see the similarity to what people hope for here.

• Upvote 1