Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What if prophecy signs are true?

AngelBaby

The above wasn't actually a story regarding Albert Einstein as a student. I have to be clear. I tried to edit it out but failed to do so in time. I apologize. It doesn't however change the point of the argument, viz. that God IS NOT the author of evil.

Spoiled Goodness

Augustine knew that evil was real. Independent evidence (natural theology) was enough to convince him that God existed and that everything He created would be good. Evil, then, must be something real, but not a "thing" in the conventional sense. Evil is not a created thing, but spoiled goodness made possible by the free moral agency of rational creatures. Evil is not something present, but something missing, a privation.

The challenge that God could have created a world of free-will creatures immutable in their goodness is answered by the notion of plenitude, the greatest good. The possibility of evil also makes a greater good possible. God made a world in which true moral decision-making and development of virtues is possible in humans, manifest by persons whose character is formed through growth and struggle.

There's a sound reason why God has allowed evil. It doesn't conflict with His goodness. God is neither the author of evil, nor its helpless victim. Rather, precisely because of His goodness He chooses to co-exist with evil for a time.

cf: http://www.str.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5124

"My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust? …Of course, I could have given up my idea of justice by saying that it was nothing but a private idea of my own [relativism]. But if I did that, then my argument against God collapsed too--for the argument depended on saying that the world was really unjust, not simply that it did not happen to please my private fancies. Thus in the very act of trying to prove that God did not exist--in other words, that the whole of reality was senseless [nihilism]--I found I was forced to assume that one part of reality--namely my idea of justice--was full of sense. Consequently atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning." (“Mere Christianity”, C.S. Lewis)

We may seek God by our intellect, but we only can find him with our heart. –Cotvos

"To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge" --Ravi Zacharias

“The fool says in his heart, “There is no God” (Psalm 14:1)

• Upvote 2

Yes.... Just let me add that the concept of Freedom of course goes beyond your US 5th Amendment and beyond the USA.....It's a much larger concept which can not be constrained within a specific Country's borders.......

We had to fight and die for the right... other places may have a semblance of it, but may have repercussions for their actions. We are one of the few places that it is an inherent right... for people to spew crap if they want, without suffering great retribution. It had to be earned... from our many brave people in our past and present, that fought and died to afford everyone this right in the US. It has not been a right for most people in most countries and kingdoms throughout history. No rocket science in figuring that out, all you have to do is crack a history book. <_<

• Upvote 1

Great video and while we are on the topic and awaiting the RV........

After reading this and many other posts here at DV, refresh my memory please, what is the scripture in Revelations that says: " and brother shall rise up against brother, etc......." Yes, this part of Revelations is proving true. I have seen everyday accounts of this. There is a very devious energy in operation in the world, one that pits individuals against each other, family members against each other, countries against each other, religions against each other...... Call it the Devil. Call it the antichrist. Whatever you want to call it, it is robbing joy and peace, stealing souls, condemning faith and we are allowing this to continue by not being fully aware of every possible place in our modern world that this is occuring.

Why wouldn't the antichrist show up 1st in the church???? IMO and I'm just saying that we need to be very aware about what is going on in the world and many expect that the antichrist will show up as a political figure. Why would the antichrist show up in a position that we don't trust? The antichrist is far more of a trickster than that and has actually been in full undercover operation here on Planet E for many, many generations. We have been at war non stop for decades. Is this not the work of the Antichrist?

Christ was the representation of pure love and compassion. It is my opinion that anything other than this genuine love and compassion, is not the works of Jesus the Christ, nor of his teachings.

DinarC. One of the problems I have over here is that I don't have a computer in my CHU. So usually when I am online I don't have a bible handy. That been said, I am not sure but I believe the reference to brother against brother is in the 24 chapter of Matthew. Probably someone else here will correct me if I am wrong.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 1

No, your rational thinking is wrong. Cold may be the absence of heat, but that does not mean that cold cannot turn to hot and hot cannot turn to cold. Light can turn to dark and dark can turn to light. Good can turn to evil and evil can turn to good...so choose to believe what you will, but evil is not absent in anyone, including God. You have been taught to believe this because if you were taught that God was also evil, how much would you believe. Some people may be more evil than others and some may have more good in them, but not one single being is without both.

Principles of Logic 101 & Apologetics review is in order:

That which is, cannot be that which is not; that which is not cannot be that which is. (Light cannot become darkeness - darkness is the absence of light)

A thing cannot be a negative and positive at the same time.

An uncreated, eternal, omnipotent being (God) cannot create another uncreated, eternal, omnipotent being; God II or creatures equal in defintion, power and substance; big hint for you humans claiming to be god like or to possess eternal omnipotent co-equal attributes of the The Great I AM .

Good can turn to evil and evil can turn to good...so choose to believe what you will, but evil is not absent in anyone, including God.

A perfect example of a Faith Claim based on circular logic... it's the same 'ol lie...

• Upvote 1

DinarC. One of the problems I have over here is that I don't have a computer in my CHU. So usually when I am online I don't have a bible handy. That been said, I am not sure but I believe the reference to brother against brother is in the 24 chapter of Matthew. Probably someone else here will correct me if I am wrong.

Roadrunner

Online Bible: www.biblegateway.com

• Upvote 2

Psalm 81:11-13

11 “But no, my people wouldn’t listen.

Israel did not want me around.

12 So I let them follow their own stubborn desires,

living according to their own ideas.

13 Oh, that my people would listen to me!

Oh, that Israel would follow me, walking in my paths!

Jeremiah 18:12

But the people replied, “Don’t waste your breath. We will continue to live as we want to, stubbornly following our own evil desires.”

Galatians 1:6-7

6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

1 Timothy 4:1-2

1 Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. 2 These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead.

1 Timothy 6:20-21

20 Timothy, guard what God has entrusted to you. Avoid godless, foolish discussions with those who oppose you with their so-called knowledge. 21 Some people have wandered from the faith by following such foolishness. May God’s grace be with you all.

Proverbs 16:4-6

4 The Lord has made everything for his own purposes,

even the wicked for a day of disaster.

5 The Lord detests the proud;

they will surely be punished.

6 Unfailing love and faithfulness make atonement for sin.

By fearing the Lord, people avoid evil.

Proverbs 1:1-3

1 These are the proverbs of Solomon, David’s son, king of Israel.

2 Their purpose is to teach people wisdom and discipline,

to help them understand the insights of the wise.

3 Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successful lives,

to help them do what is right, just, and fair.

Psalm 92:15

15 They will declare, “The Lord is just!

He is my rock!

There is no evil in him!”

Roadrunner, these are the Verses you were referring to:

2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

-

• Upvote 2

We had to fight and die for the right... other places may have a semblance of it, but may have repercussions for their actions. We are one of the few places that it is an inherent right... for people to spew crap if they want, without suffering great retribution. It had to be earned... from our many brave people in our past and present, that fought and died to afford everyone this right in the US. It has not been a right for most people in most countries and kingdoms throughout history. No rocket science in figuring that out, all you have to do is crack a history book. <_<

I agree that the right to various freedom(s) had to be earned in most Countries through struggle.Powers that Be never gave away anything for free.

Edited by umbertino

hmmm... if it was written (buy) illiterate Israelites/ Hebrews, wouldn't that indicate they were...ah... litterate...? :unsure: Just sayin'...

I meant to give you a plus one, but accidentally hit the minus due to using my iPad. So sorry, I agree they would have to be literate.

I meant to give you a plus one, but accidentally hit the minus due to using my iPad. So sorry, I agree they would have to be literate.

Chortle, chortle :rolleyes: I was kinda wonderin' 'bout that; You could always put it back with this post :D or send me a thousand Dinars!

George

• Upvote 1

What if prophecy signs are true?

then we as a nation is screwed. the bible clearly sais that the nations that decended from the isrialite tribes will fall and go into captivity in the end times because of their sins and blatent immoral behavior. it has been common knowledge through history that these lost tribes migrated north from thier babaylonian captivity into what is now russia, and from there pushed into europe under various names and tribes such as the saxxons (isaacs sons). and from there, the vast majority have migrated to england and the us.

What if they are not true?.....Then what?

then we as a nation are screwed, because if these prophecies are not true, then God doesnt exist, and there will be no one to save humanity, when it ultamatly trys to destroy itself.

No, your rational thinking is wrong. Cold may be the absence of heat, but that does not mean that cold cannot turn to hot and hot cannot turn to cold. Light can turn to dark and dark can turn to light. Good can turn to evil and evil can turn to good...so choose to believe what you will, but evil is not absent in anyone, including God. You have been taught to believe this because if you were taught that God was also evil, how much would you believe. Some people may be more evil than others and some may have more good in them, but not one single being is without both.

Are you smarter than a 7th Grader? Read the underlying link about Hot & Cold.

What is Light?

Light is simply a name for a range of electromagnetic radiation that can be detected by the human eye. What is electromagnetic radiation, then?

wave.gifElectromagnetic radiation has a dual nature as both particles and waves. One way to look at it is as changing electric and magnetic fields which propagate through space, forming an electromagnetic wave. [illustration] This wave has amplitude, which is the brightness of the light, wavelength, which is the color of the light, and an angle at which it is vibrating, called polarization. This was the classical interpretation, crystallized in Maxwell's Equations, which held sway until Planck, Einstein and others came along with quantum theory. In terms of the modern quantum theory, electromagnetic radiation consists of particles called photons, which are packets ("quanta") of energy which move at the speed of light. In this particle view of light, the brightness of the light is the number of photons, the color of the light is the energy contained in each photon, and four numbers (X, Y, Z and T) are the polarization.

Which interpretation is correct? Both of them, actually. It turns out electromagnetic radiation can have both wave-like and particle-like properties as demonstrated in experiments such as the dual slit experiment. In this exploration of light, we will primarily take the wave viewpoint as it is a more useful description of the everyday properties of light, but keep in mind that both viewpoints are valid, and sometimes we will use the quantum viewpoint too.

On to the numbers! Light ranges from wavelengths of 7x10-5 cm (red) to 4x10-5 cm (violet) and (like all electromagnetic radiation) travels at the speed of light, 299,792,458 meters per second or 186,282 miles per second. (Interesting fact: the speed of light is actually defined to be 299,792,458 meters per second and scientists combine this with the definition of a second to create the definition of a meter! As stated at the 17th General conference on weights and Measures, "The meter is the length of the path traveled by light in a vacuum during a time interval of 1/299,792,458 of a second.")

The frequency (number of wavelengths per second) of a light wave may be calculated using the equation c=ln where l is the wavelength, n is the frequency and c is the speed of light. In quantum theory, a photon has energy equal to hn, where h is Plank's constant and n is the frequency of the light in classical theory.

Therefore, Darkness is the abscence of "electromagnetic radiation" = Light. laugh.gif Jesus is Lord! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

-