Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Vice in Iraq: Resolution of the security ministries after the agreement on the extension or withdrawal of the Americans

Article link

Posted: May 28, 2011 by THE CURRENCY NEWSHOUND - Just Hopin in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Baghdad, Iraq, iraqi list, Nouri al-Maliki, Politics of Iraq, United States, United States armed forces, Withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq

Baghdad (News) .. MP in / coalition, the Iraqi / al-Janabi, the appearance that the security ministries will be resolved after the completion of the extension or withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

Janabi said in a statement singled out by the Agency (news) today said the political blocs are still preoccupied with resolving the issue of file U.S. withdrawal from the country end of this year and Maitbah extension of the decision to stay or exit of the entire U.S. military forces.

He called for the Iraqi government to take necessary measures to stop the escalating violence in the country, Minister in the absence of security. Noting that everyone should be aware that the interest of the country is more important than any other goals and interests.

It is noted that Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will present recommendations to parliament on the survival or exit of U.S. troops from Iraq.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is stupid why would they wait until we leave... they can't protect themselves now... they need security NOW!!!! :D:D

Very true, but unfortunately, very predictable.

Pride first, blood after.

Some would call this the cost of hubris.

Others refer to the more commonly accepted definition: terminal stupidity :(

• Upvote 2

Very true, but unfortunately, very predictable.

Pride first, blood after.

Some would call this the cost of hubris.

Others refer to the more commonly accepted definition: terminal stupidity sad.gif

i.e..., You can't fix stupid. tongue.gif

-

My stomach sank when I read this, but after thinking about it, it made sense.

It may be pride, but I believe a lot of it is just plain machismo ego. The Iraqis are going to be in control, throw us out, and then RV. Okay. I understand that.

Scooter says the agreement for withdrawal is already complete. So now they are going to ruffle their feathers to look big, control the Americans, and then do something wonderful for the people of Iraq. Okay. Whatever.

I imagine they will announce an agreement for withdrawal by Monday. Heck, this is Iraq. They can always change their mind.

Hey, where is the list of words we never want to hear again? Iraq. Oh, it was on there already.

Okay. My rant is over. I am going to Laguna for the weekend.

This is stupid why would they wait until we leave... they can't protect themselves now... they need security NOW!!!! :D:D

i don't think this means they are waiting to fill the position until after US troops leave the country. it means until they make a decision to extend US protection or not, which according to Scooter has already been done. so this seems to be a moot point.

• Upvote 2

It doesn't say they are waiting till the end of the year. Read folks.

the appearance that the security ministries will be resolved after the completion of the extension or withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

Read more:

Looks to me like they are deciding now on extending the troops staying or going ahead with the withdrawal of the troops at the end of the year. This decision looks like they are deciding now. Then the GOI will be completed after. Looks like good news to me.

lol yea what WHATTHE said.

Edited by speculatorsRIDE
  • Upvote 2

Unfortunately for the Iraqi people the circus really starts when the last US troop leaves the country and the clowns come out of the woodwork (i.e. Sadr).

While it will make me uncomfortable to watch them suffer I will gladly stay tuned to watch the Iraqi government officials run for their lives...literally.

I've got teenagers at home who make better decisions than these people

Ammo out

Article link

Posted: May 28, 2011 by THE CURRENCY NEWSHOUND - Just Hopin in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Baghdad, Iraq, iraqi list, Nouri al-Maliki, Politics of Iraq, United States, United States armed forces, Withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq

Baghdad (News) .. MP in / coalition, the Iraqi / al-Janabi, the appearance that the security ministries will be resolved after the completion of the extension or withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

Janabi said in a statement singled out by the Agency (news) today said the political blocs are still preoccupied with resolving the issue of file U.S. withdrawal from the country end of this year and Maitbah extension of the decision to stay or exit of the entire U.S. military forces.

He called for the Iraqi government to take necessary measures to stop the escalating violence in the country, Minister in the absence of security. Noting that everyone should be aware that the interest of the country is more important than any other goals and interests.

It is noted that Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will present recommendations to parliament on the survival or exit of U.S. troops from Iraq.

Smoke and Mirrors here, The U.S. has no intention of withdrawing all of our armed forces what you simply see is history repeating such as after WWII in Germany. Of course this is quite a different scenario but we are getting the same results. Will not go into detail on how many troops the U.S. intends to keep deployed, Let's face the facts here Iraq is in no condition to go it alone without the help of our Armed Forces. As far as RV goes this is a mute point what really counts are what policies are coming forth from the Iraqi government as well as economic strides Iraqis are making. RV will happen on it's own time frame but watch for many curve balls before RV happens.

• Upvote 1

I'm coming back to this and reading it again... and I agree this is smoke....it's presented in such a way that you have a knee jerk reaction....they are definately blowing smoke to flush the less patient people out....thanks for the prospective....

Smoke and Mirrors here, The U.S. has no intention of withdrawing all of our armed forces what you simply see is history repeating such as after WWII in Germany. Of course this is quite a different scenario but we are getting the same results. Will not go into detail on how many troops the U.S. intends to keep deployed, Let's face the facts here Iraq is in no condition to go it alone without the help of our Armed Forces. As far as RV goes this is a mute point what really counts are what policies are coming forth from the Iraqi government as well as economic strides Iraqis are making. RV will happen on it's own time frame but watch for many curve balls before RV happens.

agree its a stall smokn mirror tactic we are never leavin iraq ever as far as afganistan not leavin it iether its on both borders of iran think bout that if you will peace out