Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank: It is time to re-evaluate the currency, commensurate with the price changes and the wage in the economy

Folks... Why on Earth are you raving about this? Did you read it? Its like standing on the train tracks rooting for the train coming at you. Re-evaluate is completely different then Re-value.

Why would the shop owners not want this as stated in the article? They would be freaking drunk with excitement. This is not what you think it is. I want it too but for goodness sakes don't root for a LOP. You have been mislead about them removing the 3 zero currency from mistaken gurus. That would make cash transactions more difficult not less.

Means 1 Dinar is worth 1 Dollar after the removal of the 3 zeros. We think when they use the words "to improve purchasing power" that they mean they can buy more goods right? More value per Dinar. That is not what they mean. They are saying What you used to buy for 1000 Dinar you can now buy with 1 Dinar. This is a cultural difference in the use of purchasing power definition. Both correct, but not the way we investors want to view it. Please understand I am trying to help you see this and not trying to be negative. I don't want a lop. I want them to do it without a lop and see where the international market will take them. Our chance for ultimate profit resides in a non-lop non 3 zero removal scenario. Be well.

Good point drox. Although I agree with you, the translation in Iraqi Syntax is sketchy at best.( Somewhere in the neigborhood of translating greek and hebrew in the Bible to english.) Smoke and mirrors with a grain of salt, as Doc would say. I'm in it for the long haul! God Bless! - RK

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I ran this by Sonny1 today, and he ran the original Arabic text by his buddy in the ME. Dude said we are reading it correctly when we think one dinar will equal one dollar... he also stated that there was a sense of urgency to the article, as if this were going to happen very soon. Take this as you may, but I like it!!

That say's it all for me..you read way more than anyone here...If you're happy I'm dancin' a jig and then some...Thanks K98 you rock... :hug::woot::hug::woot:

• Upvote 2

I got all excited when a fellow poster sent this article to me. I felt we were at a major crossroad leading to our and Iraqis RV. After reading the posts leading up to this, seeing the venom of some posts, reminds me of why I took a sabbatical from this site...to avoid the spiteful that these days seem to control this site. There are far more good folks here then not, but some are hell bent on tearing this site down.

Awesome post by the way, was hoping to give a great " go forward pump" as I am pumped about this article..... well back to my cave, I wish all well, even the bashers.

pp

• Upvote 2

I ran this by Sonny1 today, and he ran the original Arabic text by his buddy in the ME. Dude said we are reading it correctly when we think one dinar will equal one dollar... he also stated that there was a sense of urgency to the article, as if this were going to happen very soon. Take this as you may, but I like it!!

I understood it the same way k98 at 1dinar to 1dollar, the only thing that worries me is the zero's part. I don't think any of us know for a fact what they are meaning, as much as I hate it, I think it sounds like an re-denomination then RV to that $1. Then I would almost break even. But then another article on C_H talking about foreign direct investment thru a stable currency and competitive, MARKET based exchange rates. That would be better to let the market change the rates, or at least better than an lop. And correct me if I'm wrong but did not Shabibi say that the articles and talk out there was a bunch of dope. And also he talked about the trillions being Digital. But I sure do like that 1Dinar=1Dollar, all we can do is wait and see, and be pleasantly surprised, I HOPE

I think someone needs to get their head examined. .85 * 25,000.00 = 21250.00

He said after they LOP and he would be correct. This by the way is excactly what Shabbs said today. They would remove the zeros and at the same time have to manipulate the exchange rate. Straight from the horses mouth. It was telling when he spoke of the zeros and how they were introduced during a time of instability. Now that things are stable there is no longer a need for them on the currency. I won't speak for Keepem but this is what I believe he has said numerous times. LOPs occur after periods of hyperinflation once things are brought back to stable.

Edited by dinarck

CBI is responsible for paying the new exchange rate on every Dinar in circulation

NO sir.!

Im Sorry.....This is not correct in any way shape or form, I need someone to explain this better than I can. There is a long hand format of this and how it works, I cant find the darn thing...

Grrrrrrwink.gif

CBI is responsible for paying the new exchange rate on every Dinar in circulation

NO sir.!

Im Sorry.....This is not correct in any way shape or form, I need someone to explain this better than I can. There is a long hand format of this and how it works, I cant find the darn thing...

Grrrrrrwink.gif

That's a scary thought. LOP or RV it's seems like a no brainer investment. Lose a few hundo worse case scenario for a chance to make millions. Hopefully the "delete the zeros" means "backspace, backspace, backspace".

Let us remember the current budget was written in USD

90 billion or so

105 trillion dinar

And we are concerned about the measly 27 tril!

nonissue

they can easily revalue upward

quote from original post;

As for the economists Vitmonon The theme of the deletion of zeros will not make a difference in handling cash or in any way affect the Iraqi economy unless they take into account the changing value of exchange in relation to the dollar

Read more:

Edited by estephan

90 billion or so

105 trillion dinar

nonissue

As for the economists Vitmonon The theme of the deletion of zeros will not make a difference in handling cash or in any way affect the Iraqi economy unless they take into account the changing value of exchange in relation to the dollar

Ok first off, assuming 1 Dinar to $1 USD:

105 Trillion * $1 USD = 105 Trillion Dollars!!! That's more currency than the entire free world combined....by far...never going to happen. Even .10 doesn't make sense with that amount of currency, more like .01 making sense.

So yeah, they can easily revalue upward from where were currently at to .01

Ok first off, assuming 1 Dinar to $1 USD:

105 Trillion * $1 USD = 105 Trillion Dollars!!! That's more currency than the entire free world combined....by far...never going to happen. Even .10 doesn't make sense with that amount of currency, more like .01 making sense.

So yeah, they can easily revalue upward from where were currently at to .01

I diidnt write the budget seus

just noticed the room for growth

the 105t number is is real though , dinar wise <_<

To balance that would in the neigborhood of 3.9

90 billion or so

105 trillion dinar

nonissue

quote from original post;

Read more:

HaHa

27 trillion a nonissue huh?

Maybe not in Dinar but after RV it becomes 27 trillion in real money. I don't care how much oil ya got, I promise, It's an issue.

HaHa

27 trillion a nonissue huh?

Maybe not in Dinar but after RV it becomes 27 trillion in real money. I don't care how much oil ya got, I promise, It's an issue.

Your refering to $24 billion

check the GDP

chttps://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/iz.html

sorry link needs to be copied and pasted to your browser window

Edited by estephan

Your refering to $24 billion

check the GDP

chttps://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/iz.html

sorry link needs to be copied and pasted to your browser window

Sorry didn't see anything about it. Please try again. I am intrested to see what you are talking about. I am refering to the dinar in circulation.

Sorry didn't see anything about it. Please try again. I am intrested to see what you are talking about. I am refering to the dinar in circulation.

current amounts are not important

I believe GDP , Budget Numbers , and the fact that these Items are listed in in USD

What better barometer?

Knowing what we know about the program rate??

Excellent discussion everyone....i learn a lot of things just by reading all the post here. But i believe.....there is a bigger picture at play.....a real big picture. Everything that is happening in Iraq has been planned well ahead. A lot of big players are involve. And we are just a nano part of it.

Since nobody knows for sure how much dinar is in circulation....no one knows how this is going to end up. But i have a good feeling, this big plan is good for us. Remember, we are just the smallest part of the plan, the lucky few/some. So sit back and relax. B)

• Upvote 1

current amounts are not important

I believe GDP , Budget Numbers , and the fact that these Items are listed in in USD

What better barometer?

Knowing what we know about the program rate??

Ok, well then, perhaps you can explain how in the world do you think they can go from Trillion to Billion, WITHOUT a lop and then RV? Remove 3 0's from everything IQD, and remove the 3 0's from the nominal exchange rate, and you're at your 90 Billion or so. Remove even more if you expect it to be around the $3 mark, as you'd have to get that 107 Trillion down to like 30 Billion IQD...please provide some number calculations to backup your statements, as a direct RV no matter how you spin it, isn't possible.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Ok, well then, perhaps you can explain how in the world do you think they can go from Trillion to Billion, WITHOUT a lop and then RV? Remove 3 0's from everything IQD, and remove the 3 0's from the nominal exchange rate, and you're at your 90 Billion or so. Remove even more if you expect it to be around the $3 mark, as you'd have to get that 107 Trillion down to like 30 Billion IQD...please provide some number calculations to backup your statements, as a direct RV no matter how you spin it, isn't possible.

Seems like many want to pretend that its not an issue but I think a discussion is in order.

• Upvote 1

Drox may also be over looking something. The lost in translation factor. Remember that the Arabic language has only about 1500 (might be 15,000) words and English has over 2.5 million (or someother huge number). perhaps Revaluation does not exist in Arabic and it comes out as re-evaluate and/or re-institute? I see nothing but good in this artcle. The shopkeepers have been whining for a long time about a change in money process as they have been hoarding dollars and large note Dinars and that is about to end. They will have to step up to the future and are naturally apprehensive. Can't really blame them as the GOI trust factor there is so low. Food for thought.

Lambert, I was thinking the same thing as you stated "The lost in translation factor", but did not point it out. "Re-evaluate" can very well mean "Revaluation" in their meaning of the word...+1 my friend!

Wouldn't it be more condusive to the repayment of their debt to straight RV? Considering a 1=1 RV as an example, the 25k IQD becomes 25k USD equivalent. This gives them much more value to the dinar and it's ability to pay off their debt. Our investment aside, it seems that a straight RV with a removal of "3 zero" notes (5k,10k,25k) from circulation, keeping them for large transactions, would be in Iraq's best interest. Ex: If I owed a million US, and I had a million IQD worth only 1000, I would revalue to make the same equivalent amount of currency be able to do more. It seems to be a common sense thing, but who's ever accused any gub'ment of having common sense.

Fish