Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

a litte history from my home town

randalln

I would love to see history repeat itself in North Dakota, Wyoming, South Dakota and continue in Alaska as well. The day after this thing RRRRVVVVs.

The U.S. is sitting on a ton of oil but we are having a hard time getting it due to the EPA and Libs. The Alaska pipeline is running at about 1/3 its capacity and could run full if AMWR was opened up. They say that the Dakotas have more oil than most of the M.E. countries. Think of all the jobs it would create if we got that rolling. Lets take some of our gains, open a refinery and lower the cost of fuel in the U.S. and lower the unemployment rate at the same time.

I guess since Obama cant do his job some industrious Americans will have to do it for him.

• Upvote 10

• 4 months later...

I would love to see history repeat itself in North Dakota, Wyoming, South Dakota and continue in Alaska as well. The day after this thing RRRRVVVVs.

The U.S. is sitting on a ton of oil but we are having a hard time getting it due to the EPA and Libs. The Alaska pipeline is running at about 1/3 its capacity and could run full if AMWR was opened up. They say that the Dakotas have more oil than most of the M.E. countries. Think of all the jobs it would create if we got that rolling. Lets take some of our gains, open a refinery and lower the cost of fuel in the U.S. and lower the unemployment rate at the same time.

I guess since Obama cant do his job some industrious Americans will have to do it for him.

I start work up in north Dakota on august 29 on drilling rigs. There are about 180 drilling rigs in that area now.

I start work up in north Dakota on august 29 on drilling rigs. There are about 180 drilling rigs in that area now.

North Dakota is my home state....just moved from there 9 years ago. The oil boom comes and goes and they barely touch whats under there. In the 70's it was a mad place then in the 80's it burst and everyone moved away. There were hundreds of wells just drilled, capped and waiting. The answer to any of my questions has always been that it's to expensive to extract it??? Doesn't really make sense to me since they have so many wells that are already drilled....just need to put the pumper on.

Do you have housing lined up? Anytime I have talked about the boom with my friends back home they say housing shortages are awful....and with the floods in Minot and Bismarck it made it worse. What part of the state are you headed to?

Sorry for the hijack....just don't hear from to many people who are actually heading TO North Dakota :)

I grew up in southern Illinois. Back in the 50's, lots of Texas wildcatters came there and drilled many wells. Some made a ton of money, but it did not last long. Knew a lot of guys that went from broke to flush and back to broke in a few years. People that made the money were the people that sold equipment. That trend came back in the 70's. Illinois oil is high sulphide and does not command the price that Texas crude does, but it does sell. Randalln knows what a stripper well is, one that doesn't produce much, but if the price is right, we can pump. I haven't lived there in quite some time, but I do go back. Right now they are exploring again and drilling again and a lot of the stripper wells are being opened back up. Tax wise it is cheaper to drill new than try to pump a stripper, so the new wells are being drilled close to the strippers. Every now and then somebody will hit a gusher and the equipment moves back in. And when the rush is done, they all leave. Hope that doesn't happen to Iraq.

North Dakota is my home state....just moved from there 9 years ago. The oil boom comes and goes and they barely touch whats under there. In the 70's it was a mad place then in the 80's it burst and everyone moved away. There were hundreds of wells just drilled, capped and waiting. The answer to any of my questions has always been that it's to expensive to extract it??? Doesn't really make sense to me since they have so many wells that are already drilled....just need to put the pumper on.

Do you have housing lined up? Anytime I have talked about the boom with my friends back home they say housing shortages are awful....and with the floods in Minot and Bismarck it made it worse. What part of the state are you headed to?

Sorry for the hijack....just don't hear from to many people who are actually heading TO North Dakota :)

I will have housing on location. I believe I'm gonna be in the Minot and Williston area. Don't know exactally yet I'm fixing to start with a new company.