Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV - The Second Coming of the IRQ

Tonight I read on another Forum that the RV will be announced imminently at $5.27! As good as this sounds this number concerns me. For the last week I've been pondering what the RATE could be upon RV. $5.27 scares me. Following M's word that he will add "significant value" to the Dinar, coupled with the constant rumors of an imminent RV, and the background runblings of a LOP, I've predicted a low, non-LOP RV RATE. Here's my thinking:

Any RATE under 85 cents is a guarantee of NO LOP - the IQD will certainly not go down in value. If the RATE starts to exceed $1.50 (trusting that M will increase value) we are in LOP Country where this is very possible. At $5.27 Iraq will likely LOP and RV at the same time increasing the value of the Dinar six times. At 85 cents, the value is increased 1,000 times. Not too bad. Didn't Kuwait LOP and RV at the same time?

Either way, we've been Blessed to be part of this exciting venture. It's probably been the best days of many of our lives - living in hope. That's Blessing enough. Still, $1 would be wonderful but $5 could be frightful. I'm hoping for $1.49 personally.

Edited by The Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is everyone's guess until it happens, and the people that truly know aren't letting anybody know!! Eagle, your insight is much appreciated. I also think that your fears/anxiety are warranted. Too high of a rate and we are looking at some bunny ears..:( I am actually hoping for a lower rate closer to a dollar so we don't have to worry about a lop and lose out on our potential!

Hoping for a great RV!!:D

Very sensible approach Eagle. I personally would be estatic anywhere between .85 and 1.13 or so. I have bought enough for that very reason so my family would be set financially for years to come. I believe that 3+ at this particular time would not be feasible Until the infrastructure is in better shape. I do think it will eventually reach that high but not for awhile. Bahrain is at about 2.60 and Kuwait @ 3.60, SO HOPEFULLY closer to the Bahrain rate. But any decent profit and we can not complain.

According to the current articles on Iraq I could find, the Iraqi goverments idea off getting rid of the three zeroes is simply removing all bills with 3 zeroes on them from circulation, and exchanginging them for smaller denomination bills.This they say will ease problems of day to to day transactions, but as far as I can see there will have to be a slight rv at the least to make that plausible.

I'm assuming that you became invested around the end of December 2010 Eagle?

October actually....

According to the current articles on Iraq I could find, the Iraqi goverments idea off getting rid of the three zeroes is simply removing all bills with 3 zeroes on them from circulation, and exchanginging them for smaller denomination bills.This they say will ease problems of day to to day transactions, but as far as I can see there will have to be a slight rv at the least to make that plausible.

I hope your interpretation is correct. However, Google Translate and other translation programs point to various meanings for "removing the three zero" Dinars from circulation. I had my Iranian neighbor read it and he too was confused. He thinks this is ME-speak which hides the real meaning in the verbiage. On one hand the CBI claims to have removed most triple zero bills from circulation which could make a high rate possible. Who knows? I'm betting on a 35-85 cent RATE.

At the moment I'm holding IQD 100,000 only. Let say after LOP/RV, my IQD 100,000 has become USD 100,000, I'm happy enough, cuz I can forget about my debt eventho I still have to continue my present job as carpenter.

Sorry bud but after LOP your 100,000 IQD becomes 100 IQD then RV to say a rate of 3.00 so you get 300 USD. Only way you will walk with 100,000 USD is if there is no LOP and they RV to 1:1.

Look I’ve been here in Iraq now for seven years

I helped deliver and exchange the new currency for the old Sadam’s

Back in 04

I have been in this substantially 17 million and counting for a looooooooong time

And it brings me no joy to continue to point this out

This is straight from my students here in Iraq, not the corner 7-11 store in Fantasy Ville

There will be a lop and simultaneous Revaluation to the same rate as Kuwait This has been explained to t

he Iraqi people for several months now through text messages from their banks, on television, the radio and

from their Mosques. I have seen the texts (I don’t read Arabic) so I have them translated by our terp

So it goes like this

I’m an Iraqi citizen and my current pre RV wage is 1,000,000 dinar per month

I have approximately $1000 dollars in buying power

Now after a Lop and RV my wage of 1,000,000 becomes 1000 dinar per month

But I have the buying power of approx $3600 US dollars

The CBI electronically knocks off 3 zeros from all accounts and rounds up or down

Like this pre RV I have 3,734,286 dinars in an account post RV I have 3,734 dinar

Simple huh? As far as the details are concerned larger notes and smaller notes can be used concurrently

And as the larger notes return to the bank they will be taken out of circulation

There will be no need for a 100000 dinar note as the purchasing power of a 25000/25 dinar note will be around $90 dollars us and anyone

that has been to Kuwait will tell you will rarely ever see a KD bill larger than a 50

So what about all the foreign investors? You say what about them they all make a 350% profit on their investment. Not bad huh

If any of you think for an instant that you will become instant millionaires from this better think again

Semper Fi

Sadly I have to agree that this will be the senario. It is the only thing that makes sense for Iraq? All the pumpers and gurus out there are preparing for this by putting out disclaimers after years of "debunking" the LOP.

Tonight I read on another Forum that the RV will be announced imminently at $5.27! As good as this sounds this number concerns me. For the last week I've been pondering what the RATE could be upon RV. $5.27 scares me. Following M's word that he will add "significant value" to the Dinar, coupled with the constant rumors of an imminent RV, and the background runblings of a LOP, I've predicted a low, non-LOP RV RATE. Here's my thinking:

Any RATE under 85 cents is a guarantee of NO LOP - the IQD will certainly not go down in value. If the RATE starts to exceed $1.50 (trusting that M will increase value) we are in LOP Country where this is very possible. At $5.27 Iraq will likely LOP and RV at the same time increasing the value of the Dinar six times. At 85 cents, the value is increased 1,000 times. Not too bad. Didn't Kuwait LOP and RV at the same time?

Either way, we've been Blessed to be part of this exciting venture. It's probably been the best days of many of our lives - living in hope. That's Blessing enough. Still, $1 would be wonderful but $5 could be frightful. I'm hoping for $1.49 personally.

Please read about what a LOP is. The term is being used for losing the zero's. A LOP is used for an OVERLY INFLATED economy. So even if this losing of zero's happens I still suggest you read about what terms you use and where. I do not think a loss of zero's will happen. I could be wrong. I also think that a low rate also wont happen. Let's try to hold off on speculation with out definitive knowledge. It creates a lot of confusion and fear. JUST IMHO.

Peace

that is Fiat system thinking, which if people have been paying attention, this fiat system is going to crash and go back to a gold/commodity back system, under the new system what would your rate be?