Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Find document elsewhere on forum

jxhal

So it looks and sounds like No RV/RI .................. Per article http://www.imf.org/E.../IRQ/030311.pdf

Wow.. we are all scr_ _ed. So much for all the rumors, Confrence calls, and Facts........ Were over,

Enough crap! Who needs this sort of title for a thread? And your link is bad also. If we are abandoning this ship, then you go first and take the other life raft. I don't want your type in my life boat yelling "were doomed! were all goin to die!".

Edited by onerighthand
  • Upvote 4

I agree with you onerighthand. There are so many people that have the doomsday syndrome. They must love being miserable because they take every opportunity to always point out the negative. Sell your dinars to someone that wants them and at least this issue will be over for you.

Read page 25.... There is one set (and only one set) that has zeroes in its projections. That, of course, would be the exchange rate appreciation. Obviously, these numbers were kept from being made public, do you guys agree? (same thing on page 26 as well)

Edited by fortytwo

Quote from earthman at PD.

Good statement to the above letter.

OK, so if this is true, Iraq must have abandoned their 5 year plan to rebuild the public sector and also decided against exploring the other 58% of their country for oil, huh? Oh and by the way, the General Electric's of the world and other contractors as well must have signed contracts out of the goodness of their hearts, because according to this article their not being paid. Well that's great, I bet the citizens of Iraq are gonna very pleased to know they get to boil their water, limit their electrical usage and be unemployed for the next few years. CO'MON FOLK'S.... Let's think logically here.

• Upvote 3

From the publication:

15. The CBI will continue to aim at keeping inflation low, predominantly by

maintaining a stable exchange rate. The low level and the relative stability of inflation do

not suggest any significant over- or undervaluation of the Iraqi dinar. Also, a stable exchange

rate continues to provide a solid anchor for the public’s expectations in an otherwise highly

uncertain environment and in an economy with a very low level of financial intermediation.

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2011/cr1175.pdf

© 2011 International Monetary Fund March 2011

IMF Country Report No. 11/75

This is a multipage report. In reading it, my conclusion is that we are a long way off from an RV/RI

You can draw your own conclusions.

One encouraging paragraph is found on page 14:

24. Staff supports the CBI’s policy of managing the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar

to keep inflation low. A stable exchange rate continues to provide a solid anchor for the

public’s expectations in an otherwise highly uncertain environment. Over time, rising oil

revenues could put upward pressure on the real exchange rate, which would warrant allowing

greater exchange rate flexibility. Staff also welcomes the authorities’ continued commitment

to safeguard the independence of the CBI, which is critical for maintaining confidence in the

Iraqi dinar.

Would like feedback on this report:

From the publication:

maintaining a stable exchange rate. The low level and the relative stability of inflation do

not suggest any significant over- or undervaluation of the Iraqi dinar. Also, a stable exchange

rate continues to provide a solid anchor for the public’s expectations in an otherwise highly

uncertain environment and in an economy with a very low level of financial intermediation.

Oh but it dose suggest a undervalueation....the rate of inflation has more than doubled in one year...going from 2% to 5.3%....

From the publication:

I could see why this right here would get us all ruffled! But we have also heard this before......But then again ....it has not rv'd before either :(

I scanned the 24 page document jxhal provided a link to, and did not see anything disturbing. One or two linds about keeping the exchange rate the same to provide some "certainty" for the people.

The IMF document last fall says plainly that Shabibi can revalue the dinar once the GOI is set.

Small denoms HAVE been printed. I think jxhal is an a-hole who thinks it is funny to mess with peoples' heads. Why else post a link to a 24 page document instead of pasting just the part he (she) found disconcerting? So no one would read the whole thing and see NOTHING about the RV!! that's why.

This is way worse than posting a poor quality rumor.

I ask for a moderator investigation to see if this twit should be banned.

Peace and Prosperity to the rest of us.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

You will never see a doc pointing to a RV. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think they're that damn dumb????? Please give me a break Geeeez . We are not talking about millions or billions here. Just relax and keep an eye on forex and cbi.