Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wikipedia

dinarfortunecookie

Very Interesting. If this was accurate, would it be called speculation though? Has the CBI sold or traded dinar this week? Acutally, I researched it myself. Look at what it says now. Wiki people must keep an eye on the pumping at this site.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Iraqi_dinar

I appologize i should have posted this in rumors, not news... my bad

read the part under speculation about Feb 13th

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar

Speculation has it that the Central Bank of Iraq has announced they have revalued the Iraqi Dinar at a rate of .285 IQD to 1 USD after dropping three zeroes from larger denominations. This was announced on Sunday, February 13th at a lavish private ceremony in Baghdad. United States citizens have been known to use their individual retirement account to purchase physical Iraqi Dinar notes through brokerage services and an IRA administrator. The notes are then stored at a depository to satisfy Internal Revenue Service rules for Iraqi Dinar IRA investments.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Garbage! (1) not a reliable news source, as anyone can alter it. (2) you cant change the real value of one bill, without changing all of the bills. So if you had 1,000,000 dinars in 50 demons then you would have 1,000,000 x 3.50= 3,500,000 US and if you had a million in 25,000 denominations you now only have 3,500 US. Wont happen. Not saying the zeros cant go away, but if they do they would have to change the value on all of the bills.

• Upvote 3

When the soldiers are getting paid 200,000-250,000 a month, how would their pay work when all of their 25,000 dinars are now worth less than a 50 dinar. They would lose massive wealth that they cant afford to lose within the country.

Someone added the dropping the three zeros to it. I agree, someones pumping! IT's Garbage!!!

Either way, I read that article the other day, and it said nothing about a rate!

• Upvote 1

Garbage! (1) not a reliable news source, as anyone can alter it. (2) you cant change the real value of one bill, without changing all of the bills. So if you had 1,000,000 dinars in 50 demons then you would have 1,000,000 x 3.50= 3,500,000 US and if you had a million in 25,000 denominations you now only have 3,500 US. Wont happen. Not saying the zeros cant go away, but if they do they would have to change the value on all of the bills.

I agree!!! It would have to affect ALL denoms

"Budweiser and Pizza hut hosted the event." :lol::lol::lol: You do know anyone can submit Edits right?

Yeah, it was going along just fine till that last paragraph or so ... Budweiser and Pizza Hut indeed. Anyone here work for either? Pumping in another direction? hahahahaha

Well, I did enjoy the history lesson, though. Just too bad someone had to go and ruin it all by adding something so obviously not part of the original author's submission.

smee2

"Budweiser and Pizza hut hosted the event." :lol::lol::lol: You do know anyone can submit Edits right?

'cause we totally know they would love to have Hooters girls flown in to help serve

"Goats were sacerficed and lambs to honor the new revalued Iraqi dinar. Budweiser and Pizza hut hosted the event. Hooters girls were flown in to help serve the hungry Iraqis."

On May 3, 2007, the IMF released a statement in relation to the international compact with Iraq, which has turned the tide in regards to speculation on the Iraq dinar. The contents of the article discuss changes made in Iraq on the economic front of how the Iraq government had eliminated fuel subsidies. The article also stated that the Central Bank of Iraq had raised interest rates in an attempt to allow a gradual appreciation of the dinar in an attempt to fight dollarization of the Iraq economy. Although there are claims of widespread optimism of some language used later in the press release among some dinar speculators, there have been no publicly released statements or analysis by any news sources or governments.[5]

Since the introduction of the new Iraqi Dinar in 2004 after the fall of Sadaam Hussein, dinar speculators have resorted to private dealers to buy and sell the Iraqi Dinar because there is no public market for the Iraqi Dinar. Currently[when?], dealers registered with the U.S. Treasury as a Money Service Business sell dinars for around $1100 per 1 million IQD.[6] It is yet to be seen how much of a return dinar speculators will receive.

Speculation has it that the Central Bank of Iraq has announced they have revalued the Iraqi Dinar at a rate of $3.17 to the USD.

This was announced on Sunday, February 13th at a lavish private ceremony in Baghdad. United States citizens have been known to use their individual retirement account to purchase physical Iraqi Dinar notes through brokerage services and an IRA administrator. The notes are then stored at a depository to satisfy Internal Revenue Service rules for Iraqi Dinar IRA investments.

Link

Whats your opinion??? vote +1 and 5 stars for me,,, lol

Edited by rdb
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Attending college, I have always been told that wikipedia is not a valid source of information.

However, by using wikipedia, you can sometimes find the original source.

In other words, we can only take what we read off of it with a grain of salt.

I saw this posted hours ago on PD..

• Upvote 2

On May 3, 2007, the IMF released a statement in relation to the international compact with Iraq, which has turned the tide in regards to speculation on the Iraq dinar. The contents of the article discuss changes made in Iraq on the economic front of how the Iraq government had eliminated fuel subsidies. The article also stated that the Central Bank of Iraq had raised interest rates in an attempt to allow a gradual appreciation of the dinar in an attempt to fight dollarization of the Iraq economy. Although there are claims of widespread optimism of some language used later in the press release among some dinar speculators, there have been no publicly released statements or analysis by any news sources or governments.[5]

Since the introduction of the new Iraqi Dinar in 2004 after the fall of Sadaam Hussein, dinar speculators have resorted to private dealers to buy and sell the Iraqi Dinar because there is no public market for the Iraqi Dinar. Currently[when?], dealers registered with the U.S. Treasury as a Money Service Business sell dinars for around $1100 per 1 million IQD.[6] It is yet to be seen how much of a return dinar speculators will receive.

Speculation has it that the Central Bank of Iraq has announced they have revalued the Iraqi Dinar at a rate of $3.17 to the USD.

This was announced on Sunday, February 13th at a lavish private ceremony in Baghdad. United States citizens have been known to use their individual retirement account to purchase physical Iraqi Dinar notes through brokerage services and an IRA administrator. The notes are then stored at a depository to satisfy Internal Revenue Service rules for Iraqi Dinar IRA investments.

Link[

Whats your opinion??? vote +1 and 5 stars for me,,, lol

any pumper couldve put that in there i hate wikipedia anybody can re-write that stuff as much as i want to believe and hope this happens just another pumper finding a way to pump. (not u the one who faked the wikipedia) i actually enjoy reading your posts rdb :) keep em comin.. reaally hopin this thing rv's tomorrow as it is my birthday and whatta birthday it'll be :)

• Upvote 2

well most people has but its info that should be passed on... thats why i ended it in humor... (( lol ))

any pumper couldve put that in there i hate wikipedia anybody can re-write that stuff as much as i want to believe and hope this happens just another pumper finding a way to pump. (not u the one who faked the wikipedia) i actually enjoy reading your posts rdb :) keep em comin.. reaally hopin this thing rv's tomorrow as it is my birthday and whatta birthday it'll be :)

i know, just passing the info along..

For some reason, this wiki add can NOT be edited like the other one we saw earlier today. What gives? How was this locked? Could it be a true statement or did someone just make their own crap up on there and then take the edit area off?

Why would Wiki leave edit open on any of their topics? Thats just asking for a bunch of idiots to get on and make all kinds of false info look legit.

Edited by Spoolin
  • Upvote 1