Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Whats the truth anyone really know???

Notso

I came across this. Please read and comment what you all think.

www.mint.com/blog/investing/iraqi-dinar-scam/

If it ends up being a scam I hope those who have taken advantage of even one person rot in hell and are punished beyond recognition!

This is not a scam....heard that before as well. You invested in the dinar and if you chose to do so, you could go to your bank and cash them in and get your money back. Were it a scam, you would lose money. This is not the case. Keep the faith. Eventually our investment will RV. When, how much, rate, date....NOBODY knows for sure. Read, do research and wait it out......no other choice! Or, just cash in at your bank and get your money back. Hope this helps! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

hope the best for everyone!

You know how a RV would boost the economy here?? Unreal boost to say the least

I put up a post a few days ago, cannot find it just now, but if you see it, read it. Details what is or is not a scam with the dinar.

it is called ...

Dinar Scam ... What it is, what it is not ... or something similar to that.

smee2

I am always slightly surprised when any articles come out calling it a scam. Tell me........how can a currency which although it is not openly traded world wide is still available for purchase not just from dinar traders but from world wide banks and travel bureaus. I have purchased my dinar from 2 of the biggest banks here in the UK, The Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest. I bought the dinar after my friends passed on the information that Iraq was closer than ever before to the likelyhood that an RV could occur. I treated it for what it is........foreign currency speculation....simple as that. I do not regard it as an investment because I have not been it for years like many others. I will only ever see it as foreign currency speculation and while I sincerely hope and pray that they RV soon with a decent rate (anything between .85 -1.4 would seem realistic to me) , if for any reason they don't then I have to accept the fact that noone held a gun to my head and that I bought the dinar as a SPECULATION. I did not listen to gurus with their fanciful and highly unlikely intel......I didn't listen to pumpers saying it would happen tomorrow/next Monday etc.......I read and learned and listend to my own gut instinct. If it does not RV and I have to sell it back to the banks at loss I will be sad for a lost opportunity but I have to accept that it wasn't to be. Simple as that.

• Upvote 1

This is not a scam....heard that before as well. You invested in the dinar and if you chose to do so, you could go to your bank and cash them in and get your money back. Were it a scam, you would lose money. This is not the case. Keep the faith. Eventually our investment will RV. When, how much, rate, date....NOBODY knows for sure. Read, do research and wait it out......no other choice! Or, just cash in at your bank and get your money back. Hope this helps! :rolleyes:

Well said !!!

Edited by stu761

I agree with everyone here that it not a scam. At least not in the traditional sense. However, that's not to say that people can't and won't lose money. They very well could. If your definition of a scam is one that has a high liklihood of losing money, then I suppose this could be considered a scam. However, it's not much different than an investment in penny or speculative stocks. If you understand the potential risks and voluntarily invest your money anyway, that is definitely not a scam.

If it ends up being a scam I hope those who have taken advantage of even one person rot in hell and are punished beyond recognition!

Number ONE: the currency pictured is the OLD $$$$ If you bought that...you WERE scammed.

Hi Notso :)

Those are pretty harsh words to extend. Did anyone force you to

make a move into this purely speculative venture? How were you

finally forced into this speculation? Rumors? Hype?

I am curious, as this kind of sentiment reveals a severe lack of

personal responsibility and I am certain that if we never see a

revaluation of the IQD, the lawsuits will be flying all over the place.

But why? Other than paying way too much from dealers for this

speculation vehicle, still did anyone force you to get involved? If

so then you may have a case...but I highly doubt that is what made you

buy into this speculation. Dealers or anyone else cannot be blamed,

as most of them say upfront, there are NO guarantees correct?

Was it the constant story telling that it would revalue along with

the KWD from Kuwait? I sure hope not my friend, because that

is unlikely.

Either way, to make this kind of statement accusing someone of scamming

you, maybe it would be best to admit to yourself that you and you alone

decided to enter this speculation, so please take responsibility for that

and consider excluding any threats such as you commented.

Are you invested in anything else? Other areas of speculation? Stock market?

Currencies? Was your decision emotional or based upon factual evidence

regarding the IQD? If it was emotional, then your response is logical to place blame,

but you still missed the one that actually bought your dinar didn't you? ;)

I am just asking these questions for you to consider. I am not bashing you, I do not play those games,

I am simply trying to remind you who it was that decided to buy into this highly speculative

venture. It will still likely turn out just fine, but not like we may want to see it, nor will

it be on our time frame, nor will it be due to silly stories of pressuring and such. I do hope

we all find it to complete to our expectations, but it is purely speculative.

All my best to you! :)

Jim

---

Edited by Jim1cor13

Anybody notice that the link is to an article from 2010, and that the dinar referenced is the OLD dinar with Saddam's picture on it??