Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RI/RV timing relative to the State of the Union Address

Squaredaway

You don't mean financially I presume. With help from Clinton, the economy went down the pooper on W's watch. It wasn't all W's fault, but he dod nothing to stop the downfall.

You used a Fox News video. Why not just quote Wikipedia? They are the same with being reputable.

And I am NOT saying CNN or Huffington aren't biased. Just pointing out of COURSE Fox News will blame the Dem's for any issues.

"Why not just quote Wikipedia?"

They answered that question in the original post... "because lib's don't like to read." :lol:

rd

• Upvote 2

Riverdawg: I'm just another dinar holder waiting for RV. Go RVVVV!!!!!

It will be interesting tonight to see what he has to say. I remember when he said he will have "laser like focus" on our economy, shut down GITMO, open government, bla bla and so far, he has accomplished nothing but going on vacations.

He's in campaign mode now, so he will over-promise and under-deliver again.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes, it takes more than a “hat in hand” approach to ask another country to cooperate with yours – particularly when in such a short period of time, and although we illegally invaded Iraq in Operation Iraqi Freedom to eliminate Saddam, we should still be holding the high card in a game of “Who's The Victor?”

Unfortunately, our country has become too sensitive to world opinion when we fight wars and the relationships we establish with the loser after we win those wars. I feel that the U.S. and the U.N. should have reminded the Iraqi government years ago as to who has the right to establish a government. In the allies’ successful effort to eliminate Saddam and his sons, we invested a lot of money in that war - and afterwards - to bring Iraq into the 21st century as a free, democratic country. We also made an even more significant investment when we lost close to 4,500 American military personnel killed with a total number of wounded at 32,000 in freeing Iraq from the horrific dictatorship of Hussein. If they don't want to cooperate with us, I feel that we should make it very clear to them that we can always come back and establish a government for them, with U.N. support - eliminating all of the menacing activities that have evolved there since Operation Iraqi Freedom began – including the procrastinations that have permeated the government – especially with its own formation and the RI/RV.

Great post

I'd hope that Biden has done this already in no uncertain terms.

Edited by teenager

If this were to happen, as you suggest, I would hope that George W. would remind the nation that it was his actions and resolve that freed the Iraqi nation and paved the way for an RV/RI.....not Obama, who is on the record opposing the Iraq war and calling for our withdrawl. G.W. will be the man of the hour and all should remember that and give credit where credit is due.....not to the apologists and surrenderers.

• Upvote 2

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - I feel that we investors, including the moderators of chat rooms are all living on the hopes that the Iraqi RI/RV is for real and is going to happen. I'm sure that thousands of us have no other way to look but up and that through some miracle this RI/RV will happen - now. Many of the rumors collected by the chat room moderators help us maintain the hope that has sustained many of us for so long. Sure, many of those rumors have no basis at all. Some may be totally bogus. There is the possibility, though, and we are all hopeful, that some of them can be substantiated to be truths and that they indicate that we are closer to realizing the RI/RV. By now, I won't be surprised if most of us will be happy if Iraq RI/RV’s at as little as twenty cents a dinar with the hope of it being allowed to float on its own - so we can cash in for much greater paybacks for our investments - just so we can catch up now with our bills and even be able to start back up our ladders of achievement in re-building or enhancing a life for ourselves than what we may now have.

I've said this before in other posts, that I feel that Mr. Obama is participating in the choreography of the announcement of the RI/RV to happen today or tomorrow, so that he can refer to it in his State of the Union address with the inference that his administration played a major role in convincing the Iraqi government to RI/RV now. It's an opportune time for it to be announced, since Mr. Obama has already begun his campaign for re-election. The impact of the RI/RV will not only help us individual investors, but could have a massive, positive effect on reducing or eliminating our national debt. If he's a crafty politician, which I'm sure he is, he will take full advantage of this bonanza as much as we will.

Read more:

Not going to happen. Back in October we were all huddled around the computer thinking it would RV then because of the November elections. And,,,, nothing. If Obama was smart and wanted to be re-elected don't you think that he would have done the RV then? Obama's handlers won't let him run for re-election. What would be more embrassing for the democrats; Hilary in office or The worst loss in presidential HISTORY?

Again, I don't think today is the day just because of a speech. We need government formed and the budget passed. thats what everyone has said all along!

Riverdawg: I'm just another dinar holder waiting for RV. Go RVVVV!!!!!

It will be interesting tonight to see what he has to say. I remember when he said he will have "laser like focus" on our economy, shut down GITMO, open government, bla bla and so far, he has accomplished nothing but going on vacations.

He's in campaign mode now, so he will over-promise and under-deliver again.

I don't know if you and I are aligned politically, would take more of a discussion that one post to determin that, but I most certainly can say this: I always appreciate and respect an argument presented factually and clearly with the absence of rhetoric... again, good job...

Oh yeah... GO RV...

rd

@ Riverdawg- we have been in Iraq 14 years- so newbie should be re-defined- also why are your comments so racial and angry- why post so much when yuo know so little- suggestion for you- join the ARMY- it help with all that pinned up angry and racist- if that don't work for you move to another Country-perhaps the one where you grand-parents are from.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sometimes, it takes more than a “hat in hand” approach to ask another country to cooperate with yours – particularly when in such a short period of time, and although we illegally invaded Iraq in Operation Iraqi Freedom to eliminate Saddam, we should still be holding the high card in a game of “Who's The Victor?”

Unfortunately, our country has become too sensitive to world opinion when we fight wars and the relationships we establish with the loser after we win those wars. I feel that the U.S. and the U.N. should have reminded the Iraqi government years ago as to who has the right to establish a government. In the allies’ successful effort to eliminate Saddam and his sons, we invested a lot of money in that war - and afterwards - to bring Iraq into the 21st century as a free, democratic country. We also made an even more significant investment when we lost close to 4,500 American military personnel killed with a total number of wounded at 32,000 in freeing Iraq from the horrific dictatorship of Hussein. If they don't want to cooperate with us, I feel that we should make it very clear to them that we can always come back and establish a government for them, with U.N. support - eliminating all of the menacing activities that have evolved there since Operation Iraqi Freedom began – including the procrastinations that have permeated the government – especially with its own formation and the RI/RV.

Kind sir,

It appears that you are forgetting that wars are fought by men and women in the military, who in the grand scheme of things are controlled by politicians. It is the current political climate to appear juvenille, incompetent, sopohmoric would be a compliment to the antics in this geographical quagmire known as Washington D.C. With that being said, the governments of the UN, especially the U.S., does not have the political capital to ask their militaries to go fight another war muchless in the same country that they just got out of. Personally, I don't even think the RV could convince these nations to go back in. Now if you said that we're just going to carve Iraq into large pieces and let which ever military establish a foot hold and export oil go for it. While that would be hilarious to say the least, in fact, I want to be at the press conference when this is said. Forget the fly on the wall. As I said, while hilarious, it would be politically disadvantageous to do so. Let alone puting the Arab World in an uproar, funding and training insurgents and paramilitary groups, you'd have God knows how many NGO's picketting said governments. Protests, both violent and non-violent would take place. And we aren't talking about PETA's or the typical "tree hugging" topless specials, ladies and gentlemen. Expect gun shows to pop up more frequently, imigration and naturalization pro-and-anti rallies, class envy to become more blatant. Essentially, the first major step in the downfall of a civilized world. You sure you want us to go back in there? :unsure::unsure:

Damn it... my cigarette's out.... anyone got another?

WE HAVE BEEN GETTING A RASH OF NEWBIES ON THIS SITE LATELY THNKING THEY ARE GOING TO GET RICH OVERNITE, HATE TO SAY THIS BUT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NOT ANYTIME SOOM. ANYHOW KEEP YOUR HEADS UP I THINK IT WILL HAPPEN... BY THE WAY THE PRESIDENT SPEECH DOESN'T HAVE A THING TO DO WITH THIS RV/RI.......... :lol::lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

@ Riverdawg- we have been in Iraq 14 years- so newbie should be re-defined- also why are your comments so racial and angry- why post so much when yuo know so little- suggestion for you- join the ARMY- it help with all that pinned up angry and racist- if that don't work for you move to another Country-perhaps the one where you grand-parents are from.

Lookie here everyone... a lib... :lol::lol:

Didn't address one issue, just began with calling me names. :lol: Let's see, called me a racist, angry (I assume that fits the liberal template of angry white guy), suggest I join the Army for anger management training (I admit, no clue what that was for), and finally suggest I leave the country, you know, heaven forbid we have a civil discussion about differing viewpoints... :lol:

You libs, you're so cute when you're name calling... :lol::lol:

Thank you!

rd

• Upvote 6

The Army obviously didn't help you with your spelling or grammar.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's a little hard to blame Obama for the economic depression when the economy augered into the ground during Bush's watch....remember during the campaign McCain said he was going back to Washington to work on the problem then changed his mind?

Pay attention people! I'm a direct person who doesn't buy into the PC crap . So if you can't handle that, then stop reading. This isn't for you. The economic downturn started early to mid 2007 right after, who took control of the purse strings? These same people are part of an idealogue, a movement that has been festering for about 100 years. Obama is just a player in it all. (Read "Dreams of My Father"). To put things in perspective, I'll use the analogy of newborn to grandparents. Newborn= us,the speculators, citizens. 1+ baby learning to walk, in this case, it's Iraq. Teenagers are the other coutries in the world doing what teenagers do best, their own thing oblivious to their surroundings. Parents, Aunts and Uncles, they're the UN, IMF WTO, etc.... It doesn't get any bigger than that , does it? What about the grandparents? You know, the behind the scenes real parent's who take care of your children while your away and spoil the snot out of them? They hold off on giving them the candy until your ready to pick them up. ( By design of course)! Who are they? What role do they play? To understand what is happening today," YOU NEED", to know history. Who do you think controls our economy? ( Hint; Follow the money). I suggest you start educating yourslves. Stop buying into the propaganda, the deceit and diversions. Go ahead, pay no attention to the deceptive man behind the curtains. It's what they want. WAKE-UP! SMARTEN- UP! Stop being a pawn! Your Liberties are at stake here!

• Upvote 2

I wasnt a member last year and I'm not being a smart ass, but was this topic being discussed just before last year's SOTU address too?

Just an FYI....the 2010 budget was approved the day after last years SOTU. I just started a topic about it in the news forum. Here's the link.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE60P1T120100126?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r1:c0.263158:b41227458:z0

• Upvote 1

I feel that Biden's trip to Iraq was to get the lay of the land and to get a commitment from PM Maliki and the CBI to announce it at this opportune time for Obama. It's my understanding that, except for a few loose ends, Iraq is in a position to announce the RI/RV whenever they feel is opportune for them. Hopefully, they'll work with Obama to make him look good and for them to finally get moving with a more viable currency. We're not the only country that's going to benefit from their RI/RV. The RI/RV is supposedly such a big deal, that it should have a major positive impact on the world economy as well.

Personally I think you don't have a clue. But as you say let's wait and see if The President makes an inference to the Iraqi rv/ri in his State of the Union speech. If he does not I guess you reall don't know much. And try to keep in mind that first and foremost the rv/ri is for the improvement of the Iraqi people lives.

Exactly! Very well put.

Very stupidily and shallow-mindedly put.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

United we stand, divided we fall. We're all in this together. The enemy is the cancer that's infiltrated our goverment. They want us to fight amongst ourselves, (propaganda, blame game etc..). Again, all by design and we're all falling for it. Youtube; the money masters. The full documentary is 3.5 hours long and well worth your time.

• Upvote 1