Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

tithing?????

dre396

The nation of Israel, in the Old Testament, was made up of 12 tribes, each led by one of the twelve sons of Jacob. One of the tribes, the sons of Levi, were the priests for Israel. Since they were dedicated to serving the Lord and the people, they were not farmers, shepherds, merchants, etc. and did not earn income. The "tithe" (which means "tenth") was the system the Lord established in the Bible by which the Levites were supported. Each member of the other 11 tribes was required to give one tenth of their income each year to the priests. This money "paid" the Levites and maintained the temples, or "church", in Israel. Tithing was never abolished. The "church" is still instructed to "tithe" in the New Testament, and is still practiced in Christian churches today.

• Upvote 4

In the book of Malachi, 3:8-10, (the last chapter of the Old Testament), it clearly states:

Will a man rob God? Yet you say, how have I robbed you? You have robbed me with your tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse. For you have robbed me and even this whole nation. Bring all of your tithes into the storehouse, (church), says the Lord of Hosts and see if I don't open up the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing that you will not even have room enough to receive it.

As a form of worship to our God, and an act of obedience, we tithe and give our offerings to our church so they can pay the pastors, staff members, bills, etc. Many people forget the second part which is the offering. God asks us to give a tenth of our money, and the offering is out of the abundance of our heart. That is up to you and can be given where you deem God is speaking to you to give, within the church for the missions dept., other members of the community, organizations, etc. etc.

God doesn't need our money, but requires our obedience. He gives us 100% and only asks for 10%, I love my Lord!!

• Upvote 10

In the book of Malachi, 3:8-10, (the last chapter of the Old Testament), it clearly states:

Will a man rob God? Yet you say, how have I robbed you? You have robbed me with your tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse. For you have robbed me and even this whole nation. Bring all of your tithes into the storehouse, (church), says the Lord of Hosts and see if I don't open up the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing that you will not even have room enough to receive it.

As a form of worship to our God, and an act of obedience, we tithe and give our offerings to our church so they can pay the pastors, staff members, bills, etc. Many people forget the second part which is the offering. God asks us to give a tenth of our money, and the offering is out of the abundance of our heart. That is up to you and can be given where you deem God is speaking to you to give, within the church for the missions dept., other members of the community, organizations, etc. etc.

God doesn't need our money, but requires our obedience. He gives us 100% and only asks for 10%, I love my Lord!!

Excellent answer! I for one intend to tithe on the money when the RV arrives. In fact I can hardly wait. We are blessed in order that we may be a blessing.

I do not think tithing is IN the new testament...

Luke 18:12

Hebrews 7:5-9

Yes, tithing is in the New Testament in parable form for one and historical form, for the author, in the other, but tithing is still a practice alive and well in Christian churches. I can only tell you that from my personal experience, though it defies logic, I cannot out-give my Lord. I give somewhere between 12-15 percent and I find that I'm never without what I need for my bills or other things that are needful for my life. It may be that one wishes to call it good money management, coincidence, or luck, but I call it God honoring my tithe. I just cannot out-give Him and He's never left me without.

Edited by aferriss

Luke 18:12

Hebrews 7:5-9

Yes, tithing is in the New Testament in parable form for one and historical form, for the author, in the other, but tithing is still a practice alive and well in Christian churches. I can only tell you that from my personal experience, though it defies logic, I cannot out-give my Lord. I give somewhere between 12-15 percent and I find that I'm never without what I need for my bills or other things that are needful for my life. It may be that one wishes to call it good money management, coincidence, or luck, but I call it God honoring my tithe. I just cannot out-give Him and He's never left me without.

In your scripture of luke it doesn't mention the word tithe. Also the man is a jew. NOT a christian.

And in your Hebrews scripture it is describing what the JEWS did. NOT christians.

So like I said...Tithing is not in the new testament. And it's not binding on Christians.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

In your scripture of luke it doesn't mention the word tithe. Also the man is a jew. NOT a christian.

And in your Hebrews scripture it is describing what the JEWS did. NOT christians.

So like I said...Tithing is not in the new testament. And it's not binding on Christians.

It is.... You should read the nt and find it for yourself

All I can tell you Bane, is it's a practice we do. It's up to what you believe. We believe we are doing the right thing and it's not hurting anyone else. We are not asking anyone else to believe if they don't. That's between them and their God so please understand I don't care to have a war with you. All I'm saying is I know what it's done for me. This is my belief and standard. But if you really are looking for the word "tithe", you may want to look at the King James Version. If you're not looking at the King James then you probably won't get the word "tithe" like you're seeking. (Since there are many different versions.) I told you in the previous post that one was speaking in the form of a parable. (Luke) The other from a historical view of the author. (Hebrews) Anything else is up to your mind and discretion. I'm just going to do what I feel my Lord is asking of me and nothing more. God bless and I wish you peace and happiness. :)

• Upvote 2

And I can believe that God is a purple dinosaur but that doesn't make it so now does it. You can tithe all you want. But please don't try to say that Christ command that we tithe. The jewish nation were commanded to tithe but it is not binding on christians. You can do what you want but you shouldn't be dogmatic saying that the Greek scriptures say to do it when it's simply not true.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

"Bane"

What you are saying is Christ never said it while he walked the earth, (in the NT), yet Christ our Lord as part of the trinity has been forever, so what he did say in the OT,

pertains to Christians, because he is still the same Lord, and does not change.

But as said earlier, it comes from your own heart and not a requirement, but I also have found, you can not out give God, the more I give the more he give me and my wife, like this

blessing about to come to us.

Edited by dinarhound
  • Upvote 1

it talks about tithing in may books of the bible; Hebrews 7:6, 8, 9, Nehemiah 10:38, Luke 11:42, 18:12, Deuteronomy 14:22, 28 26:12, Leviticus 27:31, Nehemiah 10:37, 13:12, Numbers 10:26, 2 Chronicles 31:6, Genesis 14:20, just a few there are more. time to leave the house. hope all is well. God Bless!

The only quote I find on tithing is in Deuteronomy.

Giving is all through the Bible...look at Malachi...look in the Gospels (NEW TESTAMENT, Matthew, Mark, Luke & John), the widow who gave all she had...as a Believer, you give...the Bible is also clear not just your 10% but, offerings over and above. If you want to be Truly blessed, you need to give.

Doing what is right or Moral is a choice...

Just like the law of Speeding in your car. You either follow what you feel is right (or the written rule) or you dont. To me the OT and NT are guide lines for moral values.

In my opinion the IRAQI people deserve some of the profit from all of this! For me the issue will be who to trust to give back (TITHING), which will ensure it actually reaches those in need.

Peace to all and of course GO RV.

and YES I am still the most interesting man in the world... lol

• Upvote 1

With the group of people that visit this site and the true christian attitudes that I have read on this site, to say "I think" and not know for a fact can be troublesome. In the New American Standard Bible, in Luke verse 18:12, and I qoute. "I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get". Like some have said, pick up the bible and read the new testement. If you can't do that, just go to back of your bible and look up the word "tithe". You will be sursprised what you find.