Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is this one of your Pet Peeves?

Tiffany23

Torked off by people in your kitchen  

15 members have voted

1. 1. When you are cooking, do you hate to have someone in your kitchen?

• Absolutely! Enter at your own risk, I have a spactula and I
    • Well I don't like it but I'm too polite to say anything!
    • Chill girl, I like to have people keep me company while I show off my thing!
    • Cooking what is that?

I absolutely love to cook, it is one of the true passions in life. Something I can do creatively each day...not only is it creative, but I like how you have to plan everything to turn out just right...so it's about timing as well. I also love to entertain and have friends over for dinner, especially for something I've never cooked before.

Saying that, I have my friends and family well trained that if you come into my kitchen, you WILL be attacked....you are more than welcome to stay behind the counter with your glass of wine and chat to your hearts content...but buckoo, enter my domain and your TOAST!

Am I the only one that feels like this or do I need a chill pill? :)

the poll isn't taking all my entries, which are suppose to read:

Absolutely, I have a spatcula and I'm not afraid to use it!

Well, I don't like it but I'm too polite to say anything.

Chill out girl, I like to have company as I show off my thing!

Cooking, what's that?

Edited by Tiffany23
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I also love to cook, love to host people, love to entertain. But attack people who get in my kitchen, nay!

You need a chill pill, Tiff!

I prefer to "instruct" people on how they can properly help me. I usually will assign one person to prep my veggies, another to wash my pots, another to de-bone my chicken, etc.

Good luck!

All I know is that I am hungrrrreee! You could hide me under the couch cushions until dinner is served for all I care. Are you... "Pebbles" Copperfield of the kitchen or what? Don't want anyone to see your secrets? Are you using exotic spices or simply rat meat? Just what are you hiding woman? hahaha! Ignore the dipstix opinion above posting in the off topics section. Hey... at least he can read. Maybe he can work on logic next and eventually towards becoming conscious. Probably a little overly optimistic I suspect. :D

• Upvote 1

my pet peeve is when i click on an article in a dinar website and find that i wasted my time on a subject matter that is as far away from dinar as possible!!!

sorry dear, but this topic is clearly marked and in Off Topics so please accept the responsibility of not reading something that is labeled clearly that may result in stirring up your "pet" ;) just sayin ......

• Upvote 2

We have what I call a "One butt Kitchen" there isn't much room for two. So I will fight for my space even if elbows have to be thrown. I do the majority of the cooking, and while I don't mind it, I wouldn't say it is a passion of mine. If I have to do the cooking, then give me my space!!!!!

• Upvote 1

my pet peeve is when i click on an article in a dinar website and find that i wasted my time on a subject matter that is as far away from dinar as possible!!!

Hence the reason it is called "Off Topic Post". Some people like a change in pace once in a while to get away from the regular drone of the dinar chat.

• Upvote 1

sorry dear, but this topic is clearly marked and in Off Topics so please accept the responsibility of not reading something that is labeled clearly that may result in stirring up your "pet" ;) just sayin ......

Yes, i saw that after it was too late. Totally my bad, sorry!

• Upvote 1

Chill out girl, I like to have company as I show off my thing!

Hi Tiff,

I call my kitchen my F Spot (fun with food) because it comes right before the G-Spot! Having close friends help me with my masterpiece is special! It takes real patience and confidence to allow others to contribute to your fun and this increases the intimacy and intensity of the feast! Show your sensitive side and open yourself up to letting others enjoy your passion and include them in the foreplay of preparing your feast!

GO DINAR! GO RV!

• Upvote 1

I love to cook, as well! My kitchen is very small, therefore, people enter at their own risk.

I guess the probem I have, is I'm distracted easily. If people come in and start talking to me, I'll have a tendancy to forget something or burn something (not paying attention to what I'm doing). I'm not a very good multi-tasker!

Now, if someone wants to come in and help me cook, that I would go for~we would still be fighting the space issue, though!

Tiff!, cute post!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

OMG ... I absolutely hate to cook! ... That is if cooking is what one would call my kitchen attempts!

I hate, hate, hate cooking. Love, love, love to eat tho! I thank God for a husband who cooks and is damn good at it! smile.gif

And my 2 cents regarding my petpive; Left lane drivers on the highway! Dangerous idiots! angry.gif

• Upvote 1

Wow...what a cornucopia of answers. So the choice on what to do, lies somewhere between chase them down the hall with my spactula, or to put them to work if they enter my domain.

I think I may have to split the difference, as Madam PVS points out, I'll have them tank up my glass everytime they venture in..and if they keep it up, they will have to deal with any thing I cook up while I'm in my druken stupor.

Here is a list of items I think I'll try if they continue to trespass!

http://www.thisblogrules.com/2010/06/top-10-most-nasty-food-dishes-around-the-world.html

Thanks for the humor! I note that even our Grump friend came around...bummer, as I had a few of the dishes already made and on their way to him...just kidding 1Bad! :)

• Upvote 1