Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

COINCIDENCE ? 2 Mojor PR reps in IRAQ RIGHT NOW

Brisco

The Culmination of current events in IRAQ dictate that major change is just around the corner in many ways for this Country ie: RV

What are the odds are that 2 of the WORLDS biggest PR people plan on being in IRAQ at the same time RIGHT NOW? :shakehead:

I would say it is time to Lace up your Skates because the Cold day in He?? is here.

Secretary of State HILLERY CLINTON & Arab League Chief Secretary General AMR MOUSSA

Hillery Clinton's Job Description:

1) Under the Constitution, the President of the United States determines U.S. foreign policy. The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is the President’s chief foreign affairs adviser. The Secretary carries out the President’s foreign policies through the State Department and the Foreign Service of the United States

2)•Provides information to American citizens regarding the political, economic, social, cultural, and humanitarian conditions in foreign countries;

3)•Promotes beneficial economic intercourse between the United States and other countries

These are just to mension a few.

Clinton starts weeklong focus on the Arab world

Posted By Josh Rogin Friday, January 7, 2011 – 2:14 PM

Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton leaves Washington today for a trip to the Gulf, where she will meet with senior Arab leaders and civic groups. Middle East peace, Iraq, and Iran will be at the top of her agenda.

Clinton travels to New York tonight to pay a visit to Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, who has been in New York since November for surgery on his back. She’ll also meet tonight with Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri in New York, before embarking on a six-day trip that will take her to the United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Qatar.

“She is going to want to talk about Iraq,” a senior State Department official said about the trip. “We obviously want to encourage [regional leaders in the Gulf] to be as supportive as possible to the new Iraqi government.”

“On the peace process, I think it’s time once again for the secretary to take stock on what is happening in the region,” the official said. “She will want to talk a bit about where the Arab peace initiative is and she will want to get a better sense of how the region sees the situation on the ground both in terms of both the Palestinian Authority and also in terms of the talks… We are very eager to see progress made but it’s an uphill battle.”

Clinton will also sound out the Gulf rulers on their opinions toward Iran’s recent actions, said the official. With the “P5+1″ countries scheduled to hold another round of talks with Iran in Istanbul, it is an important moment to attempt to “unknot this problem that we find ourselves in with the Iranians and their nuclear ambitions,” the official said. “She’ll also want to take stock of where we are on the sanctions regime.”

Clinton will hold bilateral meetings with senior leaders in all three countries. In the UAE, Clinton will meet with Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the crown prince, and his brother SheikhAbdullah bin Zayed, the Foreign Minister.

This will be Clinton’s first visit to Dubai, where she will meet with ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. She will also go to Abu Dhabi and visit the “green city” of Masdar, the futuristic neighborhood being built to run completely carbon neutral and waste free.

In Oman, Clinton will help celebrate the 40th anniversary of the reign of Sultan Qaboos bin Said, who the State Department official described as “a long time friend of the United States and a valued partner who has made enormous changes on the ground in his country over the last 40 years. ”

In Qatar, Clinton will meet with Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, the emir, and participate in the Forum for the Future, a meeting of government, civil society, and business leaders from around the region. There she will participate in a panel with a foreign minister, a civil society representative, and a business leader from the region.

The State Department is billing the trip as “an opportunity to showcase these other dimensions of U.S. engagement in the Middle East and the Gulf, particularly the emphasis we’ve placed on building partnerships beyond the government to government level, reaching out to civil society, reaching out to the private sector,” said another senior State Department official. “That’s really the key goal for everything that she’s doing on the trip

Amr Moussa Job Description:

He is the spokesperson for the Entire Arab League

1 Saudi Arabia

2 United Arab Emirates

3 Egypt

4 Algeria

5 Kuwait

6 Morocco

7 Qatar

8 Iraq

9 Libya

10 Sudan

11 Oman

12 Syria

13 Tunisia

14 Lebanon

15 Yemen

16 Jordan

17 Bahrain

18 Palestine

19 Mauritania

20 Somalia

21 Djibouti

22 Comoros

* Kuwait News: Arab League chief due in Baghdad Sat to set stage for summit

January 7th, 2011 11:12 pm · Posted in NEWS

Kuwait News: Arab League chief due in Baghdad Sat to set stage for summit

Posted: January 7, 2011 by CURRENCY NEWSHOUND – Just Hopin in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

By Mohammad Al-Ghazzi BAGHDAD, Jan 7 (KUNA) — Arab League Secretary General Amr Moussa is scheduled to arrive here on Saturday morning to review with the Iraqi leaders the arrangements for the Arab Summit, due in late March.

Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari and a number of senior officials will be receiving Moussa and his party tomorrow, a ministry official told KUNA here on Friday.

In a midday joint press conference with Zebari, Moussa is expected to announce the League’s blessing to Iraq’s newly-formed government, which won a parliamentary vote of confidence on December 21.

The league chief will also hold talks with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki and Parliament Speaker Osama Al-Nujaifi, as well as leaders of the major parliamentary blocs, including head of the Iraqi List and former interim prime minister Iyad Allawi, leader of the National Iraqi Alliance (NIA) Ibrahim Al-Jaafari, and Chairman of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq (ISCI) Ammar Al-Hakim.

A delegation from League has visited Baghdad on Thursday to arrange for Moussa’s meetings with the Iraqi leaders, the source said.

The agenda of visit also includes an address Moussa will deliver to the Iraqi House of Representatives (lower chamber of parliament).

The speech is expected to focus on the Arab support to the country after the formation of a new government, insiders of the League’s mission here said.

Moussa will visit Najaf city, some 160 km south of Baghdad, to meet Shiite leader Ayatollah Ali Al-Sistani, as well as Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans and Primate of the Chaldean Catholic Church Emmanuel III Delly.

In the northern semi-autonomous region of Kurdistan, Moussa will hold talks with president and prime minister of the regional government Masaud Barazani and Borhom Saleh respectively, the sources added.

Moussa has recently hailed the improvement of the situation in Iraq and the cancellation of the sanctions, imposed by the UN Security Council on the country under Chapter VII of the UN Charter during Saddam Hussein era.

In pre-visit statements, he said the visit would be part of the League’s advocacy for national reconciliation in Iraq and for the country’s restoring of its regional role, noting that the Arab world is looking forward to such a constructive role.

During their 22nd ordinary summit, held in Sirte, Libya, on March 27, 2010, the Arab leaders agreed to convene the upcoming summit in Baghdad so show support to the efforts being made by the Iraqi government to rebuild and stabilize the country in the political, economic and social sectors.

The coming March summit will be the third gathering of Arab heads of state and government in Iraq after the events of 1978 and 1990

What are your feelings fellow Conspiracy Theorist

I beleave both Hillery Clinton & Amr Moussa plan on being there for the big RV congradulations!

GO RV

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

thanks Brisco, this is potentially very meaningful news. It sure beats the " my friend in traq..." rumors. Which are largely unsubstantiated.

It makes sense that if the RV occurs soon, then the US might want to have a representative in the area...or maybe I am just being hopeful. jr

• Upvote 1

I do believe that both Clinton and Moussa had made the plans to meet several weeks ago for right about now from what I've been reading in the papers (yeh, I'm an old guy and still read the newspapers) , but it could have been for the RI/RV when they were made. Sure do hope so !!

These are good signs...and as explained on other post in the forum, perception by one's neighbors is an element to restoration of Iraqi credit worth. I do truly believe that so much is taking place behind closed doors, once all is in place this will happen as it should!

Edited by detroitjazzman
  • Upvote 1

How lame are you :wacko:

ALL THAT WORK AND INFO and all you can comment on is a small typing errorrrrr WOW

Do not let OCD control you my friend. You do realize they have medications for that.

GO RV

Sorry, I was at work and customer came in. No offense to you or your post, but I do have a business to run.

Great info and post.

• Upvote 1

Hello Every One!

This is my first post :wave: and just have to say + or ask, If the summit in Baghdad is to be in Iraq in march wouldn't Iraq want to RV before then?

Which really dont give them much time between now and march ! So info coming out now that this IS happening now would be great possitive info for all of us. :D

• Upvote 1

In pre-visit statements, he said the visit would be part of the League’s advocacy for national reconciliation in Iraq and for the country’s restoring of its regional role, noting that the Arab world is looking forward to such a constructive role.

The coming March summit will be the third gathering of Arab heads of state and government in Iraq after the events of 1978 and 1990

i think those two sentences speak volumes!!!

WOW! Hundreds of words on his post and all you can say is "What is mojor'? Thanks for the post, Brisco!! + for you!!

I also gave a plus and apologized in a second post. Had customer come in sat I pad down and when came back woke screen up and hit add. Sorry, sorry sorry

• Upvote 1