Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Real Hope vs Naive Optimism

Tricia01

Okay, so I have been browsing this website as a lurker for several weeks now and I am finally ready to post something. I must admit that I am just a tad bit excited about what my IQD investment could bring to my life. Yet, it is very frustrating to keep seeing posts of everyones speculations for RV (date and amount). I have seen RV speculation dates change from this Monday to next Thursday to this Tuesday to next Wednesday to sometime this month to next January to next June to November 2013. have even seen some old posts from last June saying that they thought it would be the next Monday. What happened to November 25? What happened to the prophesy from "the highest source of intel saying November 29? What happened to "72 hours" (posted last week)? What happened to this last Monday? I don’t know who to trust. I have read excuses such as the government is still becoming established, CBI doesn’t have the reserve, budget needs to be redone, government wants to wait for 2011 so to redefine tax laws. From what I have read on several different sites, I do believe it will be "soon" but "soon" could be this week, Dec 15, Dec 31, or sometime 2011. I know, I know, this is the "rumour" site, not necessarily giving the facts. I come here in hopes of getting some real answers, but please forgive me if I cannot buy into some of your posts claiming you KNOW what we are all hoping for. Too many people seem to know and none of their revelations have come through yet... because none of us really KNOW. I too am praying. I am unemployed and have been denied EI. It would be nice to not go to the Foodbank this Christmas. I am putting a certain amount of trust in the RV O Meter. Yes, 97% is a good sign, but it could be several weeks before it goes up even another pinch. Even when the money comes through, I will likely just put most of it into Gold until I am sure that nothing or no one will come to take it away. Here's to the future, and here's to patient optimism!

• Upvote 15

I agree! So many people seem to besahring "INTEL" and so many dates and rates. However, I see history-in-the-making with what's happening in Iraq (OFFICIAL NEWSPOSTS), and not just what rumors I see. So, I am optimistic. More importantly, I know that "God's Time is Perfect."

:)

• Upvote 1

Respectible 1st post. Because this is a highly speculative investment many have tried (without success) to predict its outcome. Keep the faith as I believe time is on our side and this investment will end with a very happy ending for all who invested..................GO RV 2010 BABY!!!!!!

I appreciate your optimism. I have been on this site for about 15 months now and believe it to be the best in the "dinar info" business.

IMO, the bottom line is what the CBI does, as they control release of the rate and date on which it is done. Best thing, bottom-line, is to watch the cbi site.....cbi.iq.....that way, no one can blow smoke between you and what the cbi ultimately does. Just today, we saw that the cbi is now quoting currencies with three decimal places, such as, 1 USD= 1168.000 IQD. That is a change from the previous 1 USD = 1,168 IQD. Does that imply a coming change? I guess we have to read between the lines, but it portends good things to come to me. Why else do it, unless it can support fractional quotes against the USD? Stay tuned and keep the CBI site on your dial. GO RV.

• Upvote 1

Tricia, welcome to the dinar world...

You are like me and dont who to trust.

It seems like so many or the post here look like my broker trying to explain to me why that great deal didnt come true and why it is not worth less than expected. So many explaination are after the fact and explain why the first intel was wrong but at the same time they say hey I have a good news... A new intel....

My only trust is to God and he didnt gave me any insign as a date or rate

But I can only tell that its going to be soon.

I cant say why my wife and I have this insigth.

I understand that soon is a rather vague statement considering that Jesus said he would be back soon... lol

Hang on and I know God will provide for ur need and more.

Richard

• Upvote 1

Tricia, I am sorry of the situation that you are in, like so many of us, an RV will change our lives drastically. Noone knows when or at what rate RV will come in at, a lot of speculation going on. Unfortunately so comes a lot of bashing with it. You almost have to take this one day at a time, there are so many people telling what they perceive to be the date and rate, but this has been going on from the start. Hang in there, I do believe an RV is just around the corner. Just think, when it does RV, you can give back to the food bank . Good luck and GO RV!!

Frustration understood! Gurus smoorus... usually hype you up to let you down. It takes one big¥ss grain

of salt to survive this site, but within all the bs lies a few well intended, intelligent people attempting

to help us all understand the process. There is NOBODY serving as an authority on iraq at this point. Even

the insiders are uncertain of many things. Hang tough!

...and I wouldn't buy gold as high as it is now. Too risky, likely to drop, not rise in value.

Okay, so I have been browsing this website as a lurker for several weeks now and I am finally ready to post something. I must admit that I am just a tad bit excited about what my IQD investment could bring to my life. Yet, it is very frustrating to keep seeing posts of everyones speculations for RV (date and amount). I have seen RV speculation dates change from this Monday to next Thursday to this Tuesday to next Wednesday to sometime this month to next January to next June to November 2013. have even seen some old posts from last June saying that they thought it would be the next Monday. What happened to November 25? What happened to the prophesy from "the highest source of intel saying November 29? What happened to "72 hours" (posted last week)? What happened to this last Monday? I don’t know who to trust. I have read excuses such as the government is still becoming established, CBI doesn’t have the reserve, budget needs to be redone, government wants to wait for 2011 so to redefine tax laws. From what I have read on several different sites, I do believe it will be "soon" but "soon" could be this week, Dec 15, Dec 31, or sometime 2011. I know, I know, this is the "rumour" site, not necessarily giving the facts. I come here in hopes of getting some real answers, but please forgive me if I cannot buy into some of your posts claiming you KNOW what we are all hoping for. Too many people seem to know and none of their revelations have come through yet... because none of us really KNOW. I too am praying. I am unemployed and have been denied EI. It would be nice to not go to the Foodbank this Christmas. I am putting a certain amount of trust in the RV O Meter. Yes, 97% is a good sign, but it could be several weeks before it goes up even another pinch. Even when the money comes through, I will likely just put most of it into Gold until I am sure that nothing or no one will come to take it away. Here's to the future, and here's to patient optimism!

Tricia nice post. I do believe we are coming close and do not know the date. I do want to say that I do not think gold is a smart move. I honestly thing that gold is an a major bubble and will crash hard. If this thing RV's I think the USD will get stronger as gold will fall of a cliff. I am still a firm believer in that we are in a deflationary death spiral and cash will be king. Maybe just a little bit of gold to hedge yourself but that is it.

Nice post Tricia,

Like many people you are at what looks like the end of a tough road. The food pantry thing can be very disheartening. I know for myself, there have been times when I couldn't wait to be in the position to return what I had left from my food pantry. I have always found it helpful to remain in faith that God would provide. We don;t need to know frome whence our good comes. We only need to know that it will come.

Bless you,

L

Excellent post Tricia. I know most of us on here can use a nice windfall from this investment. I know I can! It's pretty hard to separate all the hype (it's gonna RV tomorrow at $5.72) from the smoke screens (3 zeros are gonna removed from the currency and 25K notes exchanged for $25 notes). This is a big-time risky investment with a potentially huge payout. I'm tryin to keep it as real as I can but I can also see that Iraq does have a lot to gain by at least moderately increasing the value of their currency. I wish we knew what was gonna happen for sure and when. I've never said a date before because I don't think anyone's going to know until it actually happens. But it looks like next week is going to be a pretty big week and hopefully the last few pieces of the puzzle will be put into place. Lets see what happens!!??

Edited by marknet73

Yet, it is very frustrating to keep seeing posts of everyones speculations for RV (date and amount).

while nobody can say what will happen you should be more frustrated with the large number of posts with opposing views which are deleted that you will never see

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi all,

Thank you for your many replies to my first post. I am reminded of something I heard from church before: If you're going to worry, don't pray. If you're going to pray, don't worry. I am working to put my trust in God that he will take care of me in his time and manner. This waiting period is not easy. I am single with no family. If my family or friends found out about this, I am sure that they would have me sent to a psychiatrist, even though I am a grown adult. I likely won't tell any of them anytime soon. Maybe in a year or so.

I must admit that I need to rethink my plan for RV. It is hard because, as one said, most financial advisors would laugh their head off if I went into them at this stage. Yet, if I wait for the real RV, I might not have the right amount of time to make this happen properly. I'll have to do some more research.

In the mean time, I cannot bring myself to trust in anyone. It is not just that people post their predictions, but few of these same people come back on afterwards to explain / apologist that their prediction did not come true. Many predicted it would RV last Monday. Did any of you come back on to somehow explain why you thought it WOULD and why you think it DID NOT? No, you either go into hiding or you pull another random date out of your hat. It is interesting to try and predict the RV date based on intuition or based on rumours (from the barber whose cousin's girlfriend's uncle's housekeeper - who just flew in from Iraq and doesn't speak very good English... LOL)

(sorry for the long post. I type fast and have many thoughts)

In God, I trust.

Tricia

• Upvote 1

Tricia, I understand your frustration. You are definitely not alone. I do hope this RV happens before Christmas.

I don't know how much you have, but if you don't have a solid plan yet, I'd suggest cashing in only a minimum amount first and then figuring out an asset protection program for the remainder. You might think you don't have enough for asset protection, but that probably is not true. At least find a good attorney to set up a trust for you,

Regarding gold, like some have suggested, they feel gold will take a dip, so I would not get right out of IQD and into gold. Wait for gold to go down before buying. Not sure about silver but last time I talked with someone they felt silver was a better buy than gold if one wants to go into precious metals. Just remember that you don't have to do it all at once... unless we find out there is a time restriction and I don't think that will be the case.

Just take some of your initial cash-in and look for a professional you can trust and leave the remainder in a safe deposit box. Best wishes.

• Upvote 3

Tricia,

That was one the most honest posts I have seen on these Dinarian web site in months. You spoke from the heart and many of us feel your pain (wish Clinton hadnt used that... I like it but it always reminds me of him..lol). In my 52 yrs on this planet I have never seen the despair and desperation I have seen these last two years. I know more people unemployed than I do employed. Our nation is going through more of a depression than recession from where I sit. I lost my job as a general manager selling homes over two years ago. Working more of an executive job, I have had to adapt to the extreme. I spent the summer working for a friends remodeling company doing everything from running a jack hammer busting up concrete to framing rooms and laying brick. The scripture still holds true though,

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV) 13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

LIfe as we once knew it has seemed to have retreated with our politically correctness of no prayer in schools, no mangers scenes in public places, no Ten Commandments in court houses and so forth. I do believe the tide is beginning to turn however. More Patriots are standing up, more Christians are starting to speak out....and now the transfer of wealth is beginning to transpire. While the enemy of man is a sly and devious creature we know the Lord is still on the throne and has this all under control. It will come to pass soon I believe but I assure you... patience is not one of my virtues. Everyone always said... you just have to have faith this is happening or faith that its taking place even when we dont see it. Faith is a key word in both physical and spiritual realms. The definition of faith is the substance of things hoped for with the evidence of things not seen. Yup thats the dinar alright.... with the fingerprint of God right on the paper. Go God...Go RV

:D :D :D :D

• Upvote 2

My suggestion is to NOT read the rumors....cause its all bogus....read the articles, research into factual documents written by the IMF, World Bank, CBI, etc.....follow whats really happening over there and not what people are saying is happening......Govt needs to be fully formed, CH7 needs to be lifted, and then once they show some stability and that they can function, the policies and reforms needed for the Dinar to rise in value will be sent through the parliment to be voted on. It will most likely be first quarter of next year or even to the half way point.......just sit back and stay out of the rumors and you will be fine and you will have a better idea of whats goin on...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Tricia, you sound as if you are doing the right things about learning how to deal when an RV does come. Those of us who are not financial wizards are given time to do our homework and decide how best to handle our new found wealth. I make out three lists: What I want - what I need - who do I want to give to (including charities). I look at my list every couple of days and cross off things that are not that important and add to the lists when something comes up. Reading the posts here at DV gives me ideas and questions that I want to ask a tax attorney and an accountant. I have learned so much about Iraq, and have added to my vocabulary. There are so many wise and educated people at DV and I feel fortunate that I am a part of something bigger than I am. God Bless and keep the faith...the RV hopefully will be here before we know it. :partyhat:

• Upvote 1

Tricia, nice post. I hope things work out for you and know that you are not alone in the need for this to RV. Just check the FOREX before coming on here to keep things in perspective. It aint Real untill it's on there in black and white.

Don't get frustrated because alot of us have been in this since the beginning and have considered it a 10 year investment at the first. If may happen sooner which would be great for all of us and by the signs over there it is close.

Keep your hopes up and don't let the Rate Liars get you down. This will happen and it will be a good thing when it does. Just don't go out and sell your Dinar because you will regret it in the end.

Keep you Faith in Jesus and all will work out. Good Luck :D

• Upvote 1