Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Heads UP! November 25th 2010

Phoenix

Yes, but the old $1000 USD notes, $5000, even $100,000 USD notes "ARE still legal tender", but if you turn it in to a bank it will either be swooped up by a collector or destroyed by the FED.

I don't think they will be destroyed, do you think our government writes on a piece of paper an iou, I think this is how they are paid, with the big bills that we will never see, or our gold. I believe these large dinar notes will still be used to just not given to the average citizen, they will be kept inhouse for the govt to use.

Phoenix,

I have followed your posts for some time. Your posts are short, sweet and to the point. Never a lot of Blah Blah Blah. I'm sorry that some people cannot read what you wrote, rather they read what they thought you said. I got what you were saying first time around. Thank you

What I don't get is the disrespect from some of the members when for months you were the lone wolf, the salmon swimming up stream, the ONLY ONE that had it right with Maliki. So that in itself should make you like E.F. Hutton, when Phoenix talks, we should listen. Or at least I did and still do.

I am planning a roast for Scooter for all of his hard work and dedication to this site. It's a time for all of us to get together and have a great time post RV. I would personally like to invite you as my guest. Just post to my profile and I will get you the details as they become available post RV.

Thanks for all you do, I for one am grateful. Hope you will join us for the party.

HD

• Upvote 8

Now What's to prevent the GOI from comming out with a very low RV rate. Then everyone is rushed to cash in before the cutoff date. and then afterwards the GOI raises the rate to where it's suppose to RV at in the first place. Us little investors are going to get screwed. What are your thoughts on this?

If it comes out low under the circumstances you mentioned, I plan on reinvesting by purchasing a large amount of the lower denoms. I'd lose some on the spread, but the next RV should more than cover it.

• Upvote 5

I have only one question from the entire post. What does this mean?

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...."

All BS aside, I truly want to know. Some of you may have noticed I love quotes. I've never been able to figure out this saying. Someone enlighten me will you please???

It means the same as, One well broke horse is better then two wild Mustangs.

Giddy Up RV :)

• Upvote 1

I don't think they will be destroyed, do you think our government writes on a piece of paper an iou, I think this is how they are paid, with the big bills that we will never see, or our gold. I believe these large dinar notes will still be used to just not given to the average citizen, they will be kept inhouse for the govt to use.

OH, so you don't think they are cancelling large notes..........well that is interesting, so maybe you can teach us all about the money supply????..........and how international monetary policies work............thanks :)

what's with the "do you think our government writes on a piece of paper an iou" that was pretty lame. :huh:

I think what he means is that the 10,000 and 25,000 dollar bill will no longer be used on the streets. The US has 1000 dollar bills still that are not used. They will still be used for major transactions bank to bank but thats it. You will not see and iraqi citizen carrying a 25,000 dollar dinar

you don't understand what a "redenomination" is, or a "replacement currency" do you ??? :blink:

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I'm just going to throw this out there. It seems to me, when people share information, even just as rumors, in the rumor section, they receive a backlash of criticism. I think there is a difference between respectful disagreement and just rude criticism. I realize this is a roller coaster of emotion, and we all just want answers and information, but I'm inclined to beleive people will stop sharing what they know for fear of being publicly ridiculed. I have an immediate family member in Baghdad who hears new information almost daily. I would never share that information here, even in the rumor section, because someone would either take it as gospel and then be devastated when it didn't pan out, or they would tell me how absolutely ridiculous I am. The thing is, we all have a common interest, we should appreciate and respect what one another has to say (okay, excluding TerryK's group maybe). I appreciate all the information I can get, it just gives me that much more to compare to and consider. I hope no one takes offense to this, it's just my take on this very emotional, speculative, investment we all have in common.

• Upvote 4

I have only one question from the entire post. What does this mean?

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...."

All BS aside, I truly want to know. Some of you may have noticed I love quotes. I've never been able to figure out this saying. Someone enlighten me will you please???

Meaning

It's better to have a small real advantage than the possibility of a greater one.

Here is a link to the lengthy discussion: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/a-bird-in-the-hand.html

• Upvote 2

I'm just going to throw this out there. It seems to me, when people share information, even just as rumors, in the rumor section, they receive a backlash of criticism. I think there is a difference between respectful disagreement and just rude criticism. I realize this is a roller coaster of emotion, and we all just want answers and information, but I'm inclined to beleive people will stop sharing what they know for fear of being publicly ridiculed. I have an immediate family member in Baghdad who hears new information almost daily. I would never share that information here, even in the rumor section, because someone would either take it as gospel and then be devastated when it didn't pan out, or they would tell me how absolutely ridiculous I am. The thing is, we all have a common interest, we should appreciate and respect what one another has to say (okay, excluding TerryK's group maybe). I appreciate all the information I can get, it just gives me that much more to compare to and consider. I hope no one takes offense to this, it's just my take on this very emotional, speculative, investment we all have in common.

I totally agree!! I have a friend in Kuwait and she's been hearing "things or rumors" and sharing with me. with not knowing them to be 100% true i've chosen to not share. Ironically, they get posted that day or the next and get thumbs up and or blasted. I say if you dont believe its going to happen then sell and get your money back, simple solution. Believe, prepare, and be happy with whatever the outcome is :D I love these emoticons!!! :wub:

• Upvote 3

you guys all need to relax, phoenix said this is a rumor, as for the 5 days to cash in if that does happen, remember, there will be many banks cashing in once this is a recognized currency. Not many banks deal with it now because it is not a tradable currency. It has been off the market for many years. We will have time to cash in even if it is not with Ali. Wow I can't believe how you guys get so upset over a rumor, and carlym if you don't want the headache over this ill send you my address and you can send me your dinar. I still believe in it (just don't know when or how much)

Love all of ya and again relax before you give yourself a stroke

:D

Edited by inHishands
  • Upvote 1

Hi Phoenix: I thought you were gone, or at least is what I heard. Glad to hear from you again. With all the rumors that we have had and all the negative information coming in about seating a new government, I for one will not take any chances and have my dinar ready to go on day one of the RV. Who knows what is their plan, or how they will implement the return of the dinar after the RV. Instead of being negative, we should all be more positive and see this as a time to make any changes and come up with plans for different scenarios...BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF IRAQ! Your future might depend on it. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving...Christmas is upon us, maybe we might hear the bells of the dinar RV if we listen closely. God Bless, GO RV!!!

• Upvote 2

So the CBI -- has FINALLY got it RIGHT -- By coming out SMALL the payout will be SMALL for CURRENT dinar holders. And also CAPPED at a MAX with a DEADLINE if any BIG BOYS with deep pockets come in. Then the CBI rides the TRUE VALUE to the top after the deadline -- this TACTIC makes a GREAT DEAL of sense.

Edited by EBJNYC
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ya know what? Although I don't believe a word of what I just read, I have decided that I simply do not care anymore what happens. These friggin' dinar have become nothing but an irritation for me. If it turns out I only have seven days, or 30 minutes (lol) to cash in and can't get to the bank or to Ali by then, so be it. I've pissed away more money than I can count in my lifetime, so what's another $5,000! If they screw us, I will take great pleasure in burning every last Dinar I own. What goes around, comes around. Peace, out.

woohoo, a DINAR BONFIRE in New Jersey!!! The only problem is you wouldnt be getting back at them because I'm sure that's what they are planning on doing after we exchange, so you might as well take what they give and enjoy!! But a bonfire sounds like fun!! :woot: and i totally understand...i've become too obsessed with checking and reading all the latest news and the ups and downs of possibilities not happening....so I decided to check once a day and only look for "RV has happened". Hmmm, but then that frees me back up to wash dishes, do laundry, vacuuming.... :shakehead: and now to go shopping, I'm sure all the early morning shoppers are home and taking a nap!! :wave:

I BELIEVE it will happen!!

• Upvote 2

Please let me add to my already post, if there is a small window to cash in our large dinar denoms, then it seems only logical that there will be an increase in the dinar after the first wave. Doesn't give investors much time to cash in and buy smaller denoms, unless you can do the transaction all in a few days. Most banks hold on to foreign currency accounts until the currency is processed, that usually takes seven to ten business days, not really enough time to cash in and reinvest in small denoms unless your bank has some on hand. Personally, I will be glad when this comes to an end for me and thank God for the blessings He has given me. I sincerely hope that with the first wave, there is enough money to do what we have all talked about doing in the past, giving of ourselves to others. I do thank Phoenix and all the others that have "thrown themselves to the wolves" so to speak, and give us the best info they can. That is more than I can ask for. That is what keeps me coming back for more...God Bless!!!!

• Upvote 2

OH, so you don't think they are cancelling large notes..........well that is interesting, so maybe you can teach us all about the money supply????..........and how international monetary policies work............thanks :)

what's with the "do you think our government writes on a piece of paper an iou" that was pretty lame. :huh:

you don't understand what a "redenomination" is, or a "replacement currency" do you ??? :blink:

no tough guy i don't know anything, why don't you explain it. Im just sick of you negative people in here bashing everything that people say. If you don't agree, do it in private. If all you do is bash any info, right or wrong, go away. These guys are not always right about predictions but who knows if it wasn't right and then something changed. Or maybe they misread something. Im sure that never happens with you though huh. No your right i have no idea about how any govt works or i would be part of it and fixing the problem. But if you for a second think that all this money will be burned when it can be used between govts to hold for large debts i would have to say you don't get it.

• Upvote 2

no tough guy i don't know anything, why don't you explain it. Im just sick of you negative people in here bashing everything that people say. If you don't agree, do it in private. If all you do is bash any info, right or wrong, go away. These guys are not always right about predictions but who knows if it wasn't right and then something changed. Or maybe they misread something. Im sure that never happens with you though huh. No your right i have no idea about how any govt works or i would be part of it and fixing the problem. But if you for a second think that all this money will be burned when it can be used between govts to hold for large debts i would have to say you don't get it.

OK bambam, you've got a real problem and I'm sure it's a personal one so we won't go there :lol::lol::lol:

for one, I am not negative. I have a very positive attitude, and like to share my opinion and understanding just as much as the next guy, especially if some statements are incorrect or questionable. If you think that is being negative and bashing then you must either be a liberal or have a victim mentallity of some sort. You must be a teenager I'm guessing :lol: I'm favoring a straight RV with addition of smaller denoms and removal of large denoms, "not redenomination" "no exchange window" GOOOO RRRRVVVVVV !!!!!!! That's a positive!!!!

You still haven't addressed your previous lame comment, and they due cancel (destroy) notes for various reasons. You should do your homework before you pick a fight. You're the one that doesn't get it yet :lol::lol:

• Upvote 1