Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Heads UP! November 25th 2010

Phoenix

Guys! How quickly we throw someone under the bus. Most people including me really like Phoenix's take on things and while this is a bit alarming, it is just his take on things and we can disagree...but might i suggest being a bit more tactful especially if most of us have urged him to come on the boards again despite him saying he wouldn't say anymore until he had some form of RV info/intel? Thanksgiving, remember? <_<

A refreshing voice of reason! Thanks Hrdbawl! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Show me proof of this "contractors rate".

You cannot because there is none.

Also...if you read my post again you will see that that information was given to me over 2 years ago.

I was just repeating the same thing I have said many times over the last 2 years...thats all.

But the key piece of information that I shared was that no one knows the date, rate or terms of exchange for that is all classified.

The validity of the information I shared is yet to be seen...but soon enough it will be known to all.

Phoenix

I was not trying to challege you. I was simply asking you if you were aware. SteveI, who I am sure you are aware of, just today stated for the first time publicly, (on the other dinar sight, that will not be named here) that the contract his company has with Iraq is for a little over 1 million dollars and has a base rate of $3.22. (A base rate of $3.22). He also stated that he thinks the final rate would be close to Kuwaits or higher. I was simply trying to find out if you had some different information. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

2. There will be a time limit to exchange and that time limit will be no more than 45 days but no less than 7 days.

End Quote

So if one owns , say, 50M one needs to change them all within 45 days? You'll concede that's hard to believe.

Hard to believe?

1. Walk in bank.

2. Hand dinars to teller.

3. Take deposit slip from teller.

So how long would that take?....10 min? 20 mins?

All I need is 1 day.

Phoenix

• Upvote 9

2. There will be a time limit to exchange and that time limit will be no more than 45 days but no less than 7 days.

End Quote

So if one owns , say, 50M one needs to change them all within 45 days? You'll concede that's hard to believe.

there is a very good chance that when the Iraqi Dinar is revalued the deadline for exchange will be December 31st 2010 and on January 1st 2011 the current Iraqi Dinar in circulation will no longer be accepted from the public for deposit or exchange.

End Quote

But..... if, say, it RV's less or a lot less than 45 days before that deadline date you gave, then it will be less or a lot less than 45 days that we'll have left in order to exchange our Dinars.....

Edited by umbertino

I was not trying to challege you. I was simply asking you if you were aware. SteveI, who I am sure you are aware of, just today stated for the first time publicly, (on the other dinar sight, that will not be named here) that the contract his company has with Iraq is for a little over 1 million dollars and has a base rate of $3.22. (A base rate of $3.22). He also stated that he thinks the final rate would be close to Kuwaits or higher. I was simply trying to find out if you had some different information. Thanks.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=6&t=42941&qpid=281627#ixzz16LdkBsMS

• Upvote 1

I have been trying to put my game plan together, What if we cannot get an appointment for Dinar Trade ? In the allotted time limit, I do have an account with Wells Fargo, but I do not want to leave my dinars there for verification..We have boughten several,Could someone please give me some advice, as to their game plan, thanks in Advance..

I spoke with my banker at length at Wells Fargo just the other day regarding this. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LEAVE THEM (IQD) AT THE BANK FOR VERIFICATION, YOU DON"T NEED A DE LA RUE MACHINE EITHER, they (IQD) will be just the same as ANY OTHER RECOGNIZED CURRENCY once the RV occurs. Same as a Kuwaiti Dinar, British pound, or Japanese Yen, NO DIFFERENT. You just exchange them at your bank, and your account is credited IMMEDIATELY. All this involves is them looking up the IQD and informing you of their exchange rate, whether or not you decide to exchange them at your bank is up to you. He did say to contact the main branch in your area to conduct a large IQD exchange, as they may have a procedure such as conducting the exchange at another location other than your regular branch. Hope this helps

• Upvote 3

End Quote

there is a very good chance that when the Iraqi Dinar is revalued the deadline for exchange will be December 31st 2010 and on January 1st 2011 the current Iraqi Dinar in circulation will no longer be accepted from the public for deposit or exchange.

End Quote

But..... if, say, it RV's less or a lot less than 45 days before that deadline date you gave, then it will be less or a lot less than 45 days that we'll have left in order to exchange our Dinars.....

Even if it'd RV, say, tomorrow Nov. 26th, it would be already less than 45 days we'd have left, given that deadline you indicated

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It seems that too many are too quick to criticize before they fully read and analyze the original post to determine both the message and the intent of the messenger. Although I have only been a member on this site for a little over a month, I have been watching this site for updates for about a year and have been a Dinar Investor since 2007. During the past year I have read virtually all messages posted by Phoenix. I consider him a reliable source of intel. Here are just a few FACTS I have witnessed over the past year:

1. This post is in the RUMOR section. Phoenix has not claimed this post as fact or proven (YET!).

2. Phoenix predicted (a long time ago) Maliki would be chosen as PM.

3. I have never read a post where he has predicted a date or exact rate---he has only speculated and given possible dates to look for.

4. A few weeks ago when all this GOI stuff was going down Phoenix's posts were spot on accurate!!! (He had doubters then too)

I am not endorsing Phoenix or any other person as the one who knows all, because NOBODY knows the date or rate. This whole site is about updates from news sources that are sometimes accurate and sometimes flat out smoke. It is apparent that the GOI will move at their own pace and we would do well to study their constitution and other government documents before we criticize someone who is brave enough to put their neck on the line and give us researched info with their own opinion of how they see things happening. That being said, I consider Phoenix as a very credible source and he always backs his stuff with links and credible intel available to all who are willing to put in the effort to research them. As for this current thread, time will tell. Please all, you can disagree, but don't be haters!:angry:

Thank you for All you do Phoenix!;)

• Upvote 8

Some of you need to read my post again.

Did I say the exchange window was only 7 days?

No I did not....what I said was:

"2. There will be a time limit to exchange and that time limit will be no more than 45 days but no less than 7 days."

Also...to all who think that is an unreal time frame you need to keep up with current events...just one year ago North Korea revalued their currency and guess what the time limit was on the exchange for the whole country?

7 days.

Also you need to keep in mind the most recent historical actions of the Central Bank of Iraq when they recalled all of the 25 and 50 dinar coins in January of 2008.

At that time the CBI gave a time limit of 30 days for the exchange...after that time limit was up the 25 and 50 dinar coins were no longer accepted as legal tender and are now only sold as collector items.

And that is not speculation...that is not rumor...that is 100% historical fact.

Like it or not.

Link to 7 day exchange time limit in N. Korea: http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2009/12/north_korean_currency_reform_s.html

Link to CBI 30 day time limit on exchange:

"A source from the Regional Ministry of Financial Affairs, in condition of anonymity, said “the ministry decided to exchange the 25, 50 and 100 Iraqi dinar coins. Banks are going to receive these coins from the citizens and to be exchanged with a paper currency.”

“The decision starts to be implemented from 3-1-2008 to 1-2-2008”, the source added."

http://pukmedia.com/....=2603&Itemid=1

And from VOI

Central Bank decides to withdraw coins and replace Bourguih

(Voice of Iraq) - 10-12-2007 [Dec 10th 2007]

Send this topic to a friend

The Central Bank of Iraq, Monday, coins withdrawn from classes (100, 50, 25) dinars and replacement of paper currencies.

The statement said the National Information Center of the Council of Ministers, received Independent News Agency (Voices of Iraq) a copy of it on Monday that the Central Bank of Iraq announced that he "will be replaced Akiem currency mineral equivalent paper currency to the banks and branches scattered in Iraq without charge or commission."

The Central Bank, according to the statement, that "the period of replacement beginning on the date of 3 / 1 / 2008 until 31 / 1 / 2008," saying that "currency mineral void and will not be accepted or circulation in the Republic of Iraq after the expiration of the term replacement."

The Central Bank of Iraq issued a mineral in these categories in January of the year 2004, consists of the category (25) dinars, (50) Dinara made of metal-coated steel to copper in the form of a circular motion, and as a map back to Iraq, and General (100) dinars manufactured from Nickel metal-coated steel in the form of circular cap, as the back map of Iraq, but these groups have not been used widely, and disappeared from the daily dealings of the market effectively for a long time.

Looks like the links may be dead...but these were saved from Puk Media and VOI

Like I said...just a "word to the wise".

But for some it appears to be "Fodder for fools"

Best of luck to all!~

Phoenix

Norh Korea was a redomination not a revalue....are you saying iraq is going to redenominate or revalue...you seem to be mixing to two up....

• Upvote 2

So your worst case scenario is Dec. 25 we receive an RV. Our banks are closed that day and the next.

We would technically have 5 banking days if the RV happened Dec. 25 as our banks would be closed the sat and sunday. That leaves 27,28,29,30,31.

Ouch. 5 days to cash in. That is pretty slick Shabbibi. to screw the West. I dont even know about the east banks on this.

Now we have 500,000-600,000 people storming the banks all over the USA and Canada over this last week of the year panicked they are not going to get their Dinar cashed.

Could you imagine not being able to get an appointment with Ali or your bank and Jan.1 your Dinar is back to toilet paper?

End Quote

Exactly. That's outright senseless.

• Upvote 1

I am not putting anything forward as fact...only repeating something I was told over 2 years ago.

If SteveI has this information in hand that is great....but the fact remains that without PROOF of this information SteveI's info is nothing more than rumor.

Not bashing Steve at all for I do not know him from Adam but the truth of the matter is neither you nor I know for sure if he is even telling the truth on who he is.

I am not saying he is not who he is but do YOU know for a fact his true identity?

He could be a dinar dealer for all you know...he could be a woman....for all you know.

The fact is you don't know! Nor do I!

The $3.22 rate has been seen by all in the MOF studies and is listed on the MOF website as the "official exchange rate"

So who knows what the context is in the contract if indeed the contract is real.

Not bashing...just sayin

Phoenix

• Upvote 5

I am not putting anything forward as fact...only repeating something I was told over 2 years ago.

If SteveI has this information in hand that is great....but the fact remains that without PROOF of this information SteveI's info is nothing more than rumor.

Not bashing Steve at all for I do not know him from Adam but the truth of the matter is neither you nor I know for sure if he is even telling the truth on who he is.

I am not saying he is not who he is but do YOU know for a fact his true identity?

He could be a dinar dealer for all you know...he could be a woman....for all you know.

The fact is you don't know! Nor do I!

The $3.22 rate has been seen by all in the MOF studies and is listed on the MOF website as the "official exchange rate"

So who knows what the context is in the contract if indeed the contract is real.

Not bashing...just sayin

Phoenix

Ok, I understand that now. I thought by reposting this, you meant for this to be current info. I was also under the impression (I don't know why), that you had private conversations with SteveI. I have talked to Steve privately on several occassions and he does infact have the contract in hand. Again, I am sorry, I thought you had prior knowledge and I wanted your opinion.

• Upvote 1

Thx Phoenix and not trying to slam you at all. North Korea is a really bad example. An outsider cannot go in that country unless invited and no one invests in that country.

The reason I gave it as an example is because they did do a 7 day exchange for the whole country.

The population of N. Korea is 23,479,088

The population of Iraq is 28,945,657

So the fact that N. Korea did have a 7 day exchange window for the whole nation shows that it is not something that has not ever been done.

Phoenix

Ok, I understand that now. I thought by reposting this, you meant for this to be current info. I was also under the impression (I don't know why), that you had private conversations with SteveI. I have talked to Steve privately on several occassions and he does infact have the contract in hand. Again, I am sorry, I thought you had prior knowledge and I wanted your opinion.

Cool.

Then call him back up and ask him to scan a copy for you and e-mail it.

He can blank out all sensitive addresses and names.

See if you can get his ok to post the scan.

Let us know how that goes.

Phoenix

Well, hell, why not just say screw everone and issue new currency and call the old currency junk? Why bother with 7 days? How about 1 day..or even one hour, that way they can say they gave everone a chance to cash in.

No...we will have at least 7 days.

My guess is more.

It all depends on when they RV...the sooner they do it the more time we will have.

So no worries.

The banks will be up and ready within short notice.

Phoenix

Heads UP!~

Many will recall that for almost 2 years I have repeated intel I was given on the RV of the Iraqi Dinar.

I will one more time repeat what I was told and please feel free to forward this info and or repost anywhere you like.

1. The rate will be higher than the Dollar, lower than the Pound and at or near the Euro.

After the time limit is up the dinar we now hold will be deemed worthless and no longer legal public tender but will remain legal tender for non private bank to bank and nation to nation accounting and transfer.

Note: As of today November 25th Maliki has 30 days to seat the Iraqi government and that deadline is December 25th 2010 which leaves 7 days until the end of the year.

There is a very good chance that when the Iraqi Dinar is revalued the deadline for exchange will be December 31st 2010 and on January 1st 2011 the current Iraqi Dinar in circulation will no longer be accepted from the public for deposit or exchange.

The date, the rate and the terms of exchange are all classified and unknown to the public at this time and the validity of the information I have presented above is yet to be seen but I once again extend this information as a word to the wise to have a plan...and plan to act.

Those who fail to plan....plan to fail.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush....

Support your local bank and the United States Banking system and pay all taxes as and when advised by the tax professional of your choice.

The best of luck to all!

Phoenix

I'd love to agree with you Phoenix, but the 30 days is for government formation. Then RV. Not necessarily that same day.

Also, the 30 days is a maximum. Hopefully he will do it sooner.

I can't imagine them trying to do something of this magnitude in 7 days! JMO.

• Upvote 1

Let's be brutally honest....When has anyone actually been correct on "big ticket" matters....Answer: NO ONE. For years I've been hearing rumors, rates , and dates....No one has rolled snake eyes yet! If they had, I'd probably be on Dong Veterans right now. I'm not sure I understand the window. If it becomes internationally traded currency, then banks will have to honor it. I remember when the euro was issued...no window. I know, I know...they didn't have 3 zeros....Who cares--It's just going to go to the Fed. I believe someone stated that nation to nation high denoms could still be traded. I understand we've promised not to dump all of our dinar on Iraq at once....It will be held in reserve, not in circulation! Once upon a time, the U.S. Mint printed $1000 bills. They stopped printing them....but if you still hold one and wish to cash it at the bank, you can. This info makes people panic and look to purchase books that outline a strategy or plan....or join an elite group so one might have all the answers come RV. Just sayin'

• Upvote 4