Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq rivals 'agree to share power'

legacyman73

Iraqi politicians have reached agreement on a power-sharing deal, exactly eight months after the country went to the polls.

The deal will see Nouri al-Maliki stay on as prime minister, but will allow MPs from Iyad Allawi's Iraqiya party choose the speaker.

A government spokesman, Ali al-Dabbagh, says some details still need to be ironed out but that parliament will meet to choose a speaker on Thursday.

He says Mr Makaki and Mr Allawi will meet in the northern city of Arbil later today for a formal ceremony to announce the agreement.

"An agreement was reached yesterday among the political parties in which the prime minister will stay on, and the Iraqiya party will choose its candidate for parliament speaker," Mr Dabbagh said.

Iraq's second general election since the 2003 US-led invasion ended in deadlock after none of the main parties won enough of the 325 seats in parliament to form a majority government.

Parliament has since remained in hiatus, except for a 20-minute oath-taking ceremony and another brief meeting at which acting speaker Fuad Massum declared an indefinite "open" session.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/08/3059552.htm

Great news for us and it's coming from ABC... RV soon baby!!!!

• Upvote 8

You guys this is the best news I've seen in years. We are soooo close to an RV, can you smell it. I'm like ready to get off this ride and start a new life. I lost my wife and my 2 kids. 3 months ago I lost my house because my ex didn't want to sell it or anything. This will help me get back on my feet. I put all my money that I had into it, as much money I could get my hands on. Lets pray that this will RV within 2 weeks. Great for Black Friday shopping that's for sure. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO RV!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Right now I have chills. I've never let myself get this excited, but everything is pointing to this being done. I can't think of a better time than Thanksgiving of 2010 for the RV/RI to occur. Just imagine the ramifications! I will stay grounded, but to be honest, I've never been this excited! Goooooooo RV/RI 2010!

Muchodinaro

• Downvote 1

Right now I have chills. I've never let myself get this excited, but everything is pointing to this being done. I can't think of a better time than Thanksgiving of 2010 for the RV/RI to occur. Just imagine the ramifications! I will stay grounded, but to be honest, I've never been this excited! Goooooooo RV/RI 2010!

Muchodinaro

i know, i may actually be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, all in one year! WOO HOO!

Hoping with you, that you get to be home in Mississippi for Thanksgiving and Christmas.......and hoping that this RV comes through for all of us.

I pray the same thing! Heading home to MS. myself soon.....and I can tell you, there is no place like home. God Bless!

This is what is posted on Bagdad press news..

Center coalition declared its support for Maliki's NOMINATION for prime minister

الكاتب: admin بتاريخ: الأحد 07-11-2010 03:31 مساء Writer: admin on: Sunday 11/07/2010 15:31

بغداد برس - بغداد Press Baghdad - Baghdad

أعلن تحالف الوسط المؤلف من ائتلاف وحدة العراق وجبهة التوافق ، اليوم الأحد ، عن دعمه رسمياً لترشيح مرشح التحالف الوطني نوري المالكي لرئاسة الوزراء. Announced center coalition, composed of coalition and unity of Iraq and the Accordance Front, said on Sunday, formally expressed its support for the nomination of the National Alliance candidate Nouri al-Maliki for the premiership..

And on NINA website There is no mention of Maliki is being in as PM.. So, well have to see in the next couple of days...( fingers crossed)...

Read more: