Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

VIPER51 US UK WILL ATTEND

viper51

Viper,

What are your thoughts re - the talk of postponing mondays parliment to a later date? Is this accurate ino or is it smoke and mirrors? Also if the 50 members plus al - iraqia do not show for parliment will maliki and the kurds be able to form the govt without them?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

All reports always lead to further delays and disagreements. It seems every Thursday or Friday we get reports that it will be next week or two. Then the weekend starts and all the intel from 'sources' appear with undocumented claims of an RV. Things are very predictable here. Most major news reports indicate complete disagreement on major issues. Just one disagreement can and most likely will lead to violence and further distance between parties. Now we are into next week surpassing almost all deadlines, contracts, threats, and so on. The new year will soon be upon us in just a few weeks. And the beat goes on.....................

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

In reality, can this be smoke and mirrors? I ask because in truth the message/news coming out has not changed at all. Allawi's postion is exactly the same as it was four or five months ago. So why would Biden be returning to go through the same as he has gone through on two previous visits. If the message that was coming out was different, I could see Biden rushing in to save the day. I don't see that in this sense.

Instead, maybe they are closer than what is painted in the articles and Biden is going over to be present for the announcement.

Edited by wmawhite

In reality, can this be smoke and mirrors? I ask because in truth the message/news coming out has not changed at all. Allawi's postion is exactly the same as it was four or five months ago. So why would Biden be returning to go through the same as he has gone through on two previous visits. If the message that was coming out was different, I could see Biden rushing in to save the day. I don't see that in this sense.

Instead, maybe they are closer than what is painted in the articles and Biden is going over to be present for the announcement.

well hopefully biden goes over there

• Upvote 1

The post did not say Biden was returning, The US ambassador and the UN was to attend.

• Upvote 1

While it is disappointing to hear, at the eleventh hour, that the List may not attend next Monday's meeting, IMO, they need to do what is necessary to move forward......be it that Maliki is re-elected. There is too much at stake for Iraq for them to suffer any longer delays. Hopefully, we will see a new government formed and announced by next Monday. Thanks again Viper for excellent intel. GO RV.

yet allawi was court ordered so i guess he will be off the payroll. if its true i just think its another selfish act by a supposed lraqi leader. maybe if he just showed up the groups would see he is ready to help his country anyway possible and put their support with him. well its interesting to say the least

thanks viper

Edited by MicBain

All reports always lead to further delays and disagreements. It seems every Thursday or Friday we get reports that it will be next week or two. Then the weekend starts and all the intel from 'sources' appear with undocumented claims of an RV. Things are very predictable here. Most major news reports indicate complete disagreement on major issues. Just one disagreement can and most likely will lead to violence and further distance between parties. Now we are into next week surpassing almost all deadlines, contracts, threats, and so on. The new year will soon be upon us in just a few weeks. And the beat goes on.....................

I feel your pain, and I believe most people on this site are seeing the same thing. It's always a week later, before we even get to the projected date. The way I keep grounded is in the fact that the Iraqi's are really trying to seat a government. For this to happen, someone ( Maliki or Allawai ) has to give in. It looks like that might be happening due to the Supreme Council stepping in. I still hold on to the theory that Uncle Sam needs our tax money in April, not to mention the return on what they are holding. All we can do is wait and see, and that sucks! Goooooooo RV/RI 2010!