Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THEFT OF 31 MILLION DINARS IN AN ARMED ROBERY IN EASTERN BAGHDAD

Dinerry

Welllllllllll.. to me this means they stole the millions because they know how valuable they will be. But of course they are probably valuable just as they are, this moment. But I was thinking it was of something of huge value. Very scarey for the security driver, for sure!

Date: Monday October 25 2010

The Article :

According to an official security source in the Iraqi police, on Monday, unidentified armed men stole $ 31 million Iraqi dinars in an armed robbery in eastern Baghdad.

The source said in an interview for “Alsumaria News”, “unknown gunmen traveling in civilian cars, they have to pursue a civilian cars, afternoon, and forced the owner to stop in the area of Palestine Street in eastern Baghdad, and robbed him of $ 31 million Iraqi dinars under the threat of arms.”

The source, who requested anonymity, that “the security forces near the scene cordoned off the place and began a search for militants who managed to escape after carrying out the robbery.”

Baghdad has seen today, a bomb adhesive type of car Kia saloon, was parked near the home of a residential street in the sixtieth session of area south of Baghdad, resulting in fully harmed without casualties.

The capital Baghdad and the different parts of Iraq have seen, during the recent period, a significant increase in armed robberies targeting the majority of banks and stores of gold and banking, most recently on 11 October this as a compromise by unidentified gunmen on two shops for banking in the Al-Rasheed Street in central Baghdad, which killing two of the owners of shops and injuring two others, and the theft of money do not specify a value.

http://bit.ly/awEER6

Welllllllllll.. to me this means they stole the millions because they know how valuable they will be. But of course they are probably valuable just as they are, this moment. But I was thinking it was of something of huge value. Very scarey for the security driver, for sure!

Date: Monday October 25 2010

The Article :

According to an official security source in the Iraqi police, on Monday, unidentified armed men stole $ 31 million Iraqi dinars in an armed robbery in eastern Baghdad.

The source said in an interview for “Alsumaria News”, “unknown gunmen traveling in civilian cars, they have to pursue a civilian cars, afternoon, and forced the owner to stop in the area of Palestine Street in eastern Baghdad, and robbed him of $ 31 million Iraqi dinars under the threat of arms.”

The source, who requested anonymity, that “the security forces near the scene cordoned off the place and began a search for militants who managed to escape after carrying out the robbery.”

Baghdad has seen today, a bomb adhesive type of car Kia saloon, was parked near the home of a residential street in the sixtieth session of area south of Baghdad, resulting in fully harmed without casualties.

The capital Baghdad and the different parts of Iraq have seen, during the recent period, a significant increase in armed robberies targeting the majority of banks and stores of gold and banking, most recently on 11 October this as a compromise by unidentified gunmen on two shops for banking in the Al-Rasheed Street in central Baghdad, which killing two of the owners of shops and injuring two others, and the theft of money do not specify a value.

http://bit.ly/awEER6

WOW!!! Now, if that doesn't say something, then I don't know what does...

Just a matter of time.......

Any robberies get me worried that they may eventually decide to do something different about a RV or currency in general due to the high amount of unaccounted currency. Hopefully they have serial numbers on this and the other stolen currency, but even that may not make a difference. Let's get this done.....NOW.

GO RV in 2010!!!

• Upvote 3

Not of that magnitude by comparison though,

FBI Releases Bank Crime Statistics for Third Quarter of 2009

During the third quarter of 2009, there were 1,212 reported violations of the Federal Bank Robbery and Incidental Crimes Statue, a decrease from the 1,378 reported violations in the same quarter of 2008.1 According to statistics released today by the FBI, there were 1,184 robberies of financial institutions2 and 28 burglaries reported between July 1, 2009 and September 30, 2009. No larcenies or extortions were reported during the quarter. Highlights of the report include:

* Loot was taken in 90 percent of the incidents, totaling more than $9.4 million.

* Of the loot taken, 22 percent of it was recovered. More than $2.2 million was returned to financial institutions.

* Bank crimes most frequently occurred on Friday. Regardless of the day, the time frame when bank crimes occurred most frequently was between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.

* Acts of violence were committed in 5 percent of the incidents, resulting in 26 injuries, five deaths (perpetrators), and 32 persons being taken hostage.

* The most common methods used were oral demands, closely followed by demand notes.

* Most violations occurred in the southern region of the U.S., with 492 reported incidents.

These statistics were recorded as of October 20, 2009. Note that not all bank crimes are reported to the FBI, and therefore the report is not a complete statistical compilation of all bank crimes that occurred in the U.S. View the detailed report and learn more about the FBI at http://www.fbi.gov/.

1 In the third quarter of 2008, 1,358 robberies, 14 burglaries, four larcenies, and two extortions were reported. 2 Financial institutions include commercial banks, mutual savings banks, savings and loan associations, and credit unions. *****Sign up for FBI e-mail alerts at www.fbi.gov by clicking on the red envelopes.*****

Follow the FBI on Twitter @ FBIPressOffice Press Releases | FBI Home Page

Edited by RiverStyx

This seems to be at the point our country was in the 1930's and 1940's. Mobsters controlled many of our cities until we formed the FBI & "G" Men.

I haven't seen anything on sending back 20,000 troops. If so it's about time, IMO we shouldn't have pulled out until Iraq has become a lot more stable. Obama made a very poor choice to pull out our troops because he "made a promise". Jeez, I'm sorry, Obama made "ANOTHER" poor choice. These statements are IMO. Vote in November, PLEASE.

God Bless Our Troops and God Bless America

Go RV/RI B)

This seems to be at the point our country was in the 1930's and 1940's. Mobsters controlled many of our cities until we formed the FBI & "G" Men.

I haven't seen anything on sending back 20,000 troops. If so it's about time, IMO we shouldn't have pulled out until Iraq has become a lot more stable. Obama made a very poor choice to pull out our troops because he "made a promise". Jeez, I'm sorry, Obama made "ANOTHER" poor choice. These statements are IMO. Vote in November, PLEASE.

God Bless Our Troops and God Bless America

Go RV/RI B)

Well, RichardK, you made me wonder if I just dreamed about the additional troops or had read old news and mistook it for current news so I did some searching. I read it on a different thread here and have copied an excerpt and given the link. Yet when I go back to the original source it is all in Arabic, so I don't know what sofrware did the translation and whether or not we should believe it. Do note the parts I bolded that give one of the reasons as 'emergency'. If there is controversy or unrest there, the troops may be needed for a short while. So as much as I hate to see more troops deployed, if it is true, I'd rather see that now than after some conflict escalates. However, when doing a Google search I could NOT find a similar article from the U.S. confirming it.

Source: From ikhnews.com

An excerpt:

20,000 US Troops Returning to Iraq?

October 23rd, 2010 08:48 pm · Posted in NEWS بغداد(الاخبارية)..كشف القيادي في التحالف الكردستاني وليد شركة عن اتفاقية بين الحكومة الامريكية والعراقية من المؤمل أن تعقد قريباً تنص على عودة 20 الف جندي امريكي لغرض التدريب والطوارىء،وقال شركة(للوكالة الاخبارية للانباء)اليوم السبت: وحسب المعلومات التي وردت تشير الى عودة 20 الف جندي امريكي لغرض التدريب والطورائ، وفق اتفاقية ستوقع بين الحكوميتين الامريكية والعراقية. Baghdad (news) .. detect the leadership of the Kurdistan Alliance and Walid company on the Convention between the U.S. government and Iraqi hoped to be held soon, provides for the return of 20,000 U.S. troops for the purpose of training and emergency, and said the company (the Agency’s news) said on Saturday: According to the information received indicates to the return of 20,000 U.S. troops for the purpose of training and of emergency, according to the agreement signed between U.S. and Iraqi governmental.

Read more: #ixzz13P6q9Jg6

It means nothing, you know how many bank robberies occur in the US every day?

It means nothing, a whopping robbery worth $31,000 in USD. You know how many bank robberies occur in the US every day?

True, but an RV would change the value considerably. I have to agree with the concern as they may want to thwart Thieves ( better known as politicians ) , counterfeiters, and the such. We may only be seeing a few articles about the problem, it may be much greater then we know.

I say RV now before the problem gets to big.

pp

It means nothing, you know how many bank robberies occur in the US every day?

It means nothing, a whopping robbery worth $31,000 in USD. You know how many bank robberies occur in the US every day?

I agree with you. Plus the fact..the Iraqi people have nothing.

• Upvote 1