Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NEW TV DATES??

AlohaTime

“Bi tarikh Al Ghad” is a weekly political talk-show prepared and presented by Ahmad Hassan and directed by Yaseen Mohamad Amin. It retraces the latest major political developments taking place in Iraq and handles events from a leading-edge angle. “Bi tarikh al ghad’ projects the consequences of newest developments on the political process and highlights their effect on the current situation. It analyzes as well the future impact of the present situation on Tomorrow’s political stands and provides insight on how Iraqis see their future. “Bi Tarikh Al Ghad” is a political talk-show aimed at uncovering the fate of Iraq.

Given the attention rallied over the episode of Iraqi Dinar re-denomination that aired on 8-10-2010, the episode will rerun on Friday 22-10-2010.

Iraq’s Central Bank set up a new strategic project in 2007 under the name of “Iraqi Currency revaluation” under the recommendation of the Supreme Economic Committee related to the Ministerial Council with the support of Iraq’s Finances Ministry. The project aims to re-denominate the national currency by removing zeros from the currency. The episode tackled the following issues: Is Iraq’s economy prepared for such a change? What is the effect of removing zeros from the currency? Will removing zeros from the currency cause fluctuations in the Iraqi market? Is the project aimed to improve Iraqi payments system? What is the effect of removing zeros on bonds market? How is the process of removing zeros progressing? Will removing zeros add up to the purchase value? What are the gains of such a project?

All these questions were addressed with the following guests:

Iraq’s Central Bank advisor Mazhar Mohammed

Economist Basem Antoine

Economist Majed Al Souri

Baghdad Investment Committee spokesman and economist Thaer Al Fili

Industrial investor Thabet Al Baldawi

Head of Iraqi Businessmen Union Ragheb RidaAnd a number of Citizens

NEW TV SHOW DATES??

• Upvote 5

“Bi tarikh Al Ghad” is a weekly political talk-show prepared and presented by Ahmad Hassan and directed by Yaseen Mohamad Amin. It retraces the latest major political developments taking place in Iraq and handles events from a leading-edge angle. “Bi tarikh al ghad’ projects the consequences of newest developments on the political process and highlights their effect on the current situation. It analyzes as well the future impact of the present situation on Tomorrow’s political stands and provides insight on how Iraqis see their future. “Bi Tarikh Al Ghad” is a political talk-show aimed at uncovering the fate of Iraq.

Given the attention rallied over the episode of Iraqi Dinar re-denomination that aired on 8-10-2010, the episode will rerun on Friday 22-10-2010.

Iraq’s Central Bank set up a new strategic project in 2007 under the name of “Iraqi Currency revaluation” under the recommendation of the Supreme Economic Committee related to the Ministerial Council with the support of Iraq’s Finances Ministry. The project aims to re-denominate the national currency by removing zeros from the currency. The episode tackled the following issues: Is Iraq’s economy prepared for such a change? What is the effect of removing zeros from the currency? Will removing zeros from the currency cause fluctuations in the Iraqi market? Is the project aimed to improve Iraqi payments system? What is the effect of removing zeros on bonds market? How is the process of removing zeros progressing? Will removing zeros add up to the purchase value? What are the gains of such a project?

Economist Basem Antoine

Economist Majed Al Souri

I wonder if Maliki has control over this station......We shall see, won't we? Thanks for the post!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good post, Newbie. Welcome. And good job ponying up a link! You have just earned your DinarVets propeller beanie. :)

Observe Brethren! First it was the 15th and a rerun at 11:00 a.m. on the 17th. Actually we're cancelling those airings. Or, no we're rescheduling them. Did I mention that we already aired it on the 10th? You missed it! Not to worry, we are definitely and for sure gonna rerun the episde on the 22nd. Promise. Would we lie?

signed,

Mr the-attention-rallied-over-the episode. :(

• Upvote 7

"Iraq’s Central Bank set up a new strategic project in 2007 under the name of “Iraqi Currency revaluation” under the recommendation of the Supreme Economic Committee related to the Ministerial Council with the support of Iraq’s Finances Ministry."

"Iraqi Currency Revaluation"

Nice name for the project if I do say so my self! :lol:

If this is not clear enough for even the most doubting then nothing is!

"Iraqi Currency REVALUATUION!".....Get it?

Phoenix

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 2

Ok, so if it is true (most likely not) that it had already aired on 8-10-2010.....then one should be able to locate this?

So far to date.......EVERY article has been false.

Let's see...The 10th was a Sunday. The 22nd is a Friday. Maybe they got it backwards...Don't know. If I could, I would still want to tune in tomorrow (17th). I've been watching American broadcast network TV over here in Saudi Arabia for 7 years. I HAVE NEVER KNOWN THEM TO BE CORRECT WHEN ANNOUNCING THE TIME/DATE A SHOW WILL COME ON. It has been a source of frustration for me for a long time. I think it just solidifies my belief that Arabs don't give a rats a$$ about quality or peoples time. I could cite numerous examples, but I won't.

Great find. Let's hope this time it's true!

The fact that Iraq is letting this out there (re-denomination/revaluation) program is fantastic. Iraq is sure to censor their media information just like most countries around the world. So, even if some think this is false information about the "program" it's still a good sign to the Iraqis that there is hope and this is going to be done soon. and did I mention, alot :D

• Upvote 1

Economist Basem Antoine

Economist Majed Al Souri

Redenomination does not mean Re-evaluation

NEW TV SHOW DATES??

• Upvote 1

ok help me out here Phoenix........

Why are they "advertising" a re-value?

Seems to me more and more dinar is being sold daily, yet the CBI wants these notes in by eoy

I always assumed the "misinformation" would be mostly negative prior to this happening

This TV show thing has thrown me for a loop!

Everyone have a great weekend

Semper Fi

• Upvote 1

This cannot be the RV announcement. It so it would interrupt all TV stations, not be scheduled on one political talk show. JMO

The fact that Iraq is letting this out there (re-denomination/revaluation) program is fantastic. Iraq is sure to censor their media information just like most countries around the world. So, even if some think this is false information about the "program" it's still a good sign to the Iraqis that there is hope and this is going to be done soon. and did I mention, alot :D

OR, it's just what it says, a talk show about their $. Just saying...

NO NO NO-----------Phoenix said the rv would be this weekend because of the tv show airing this weekend...SO WHAT HAPPENED PHOENIX???

This proves that everyone is just blowing smoke and does not know doodley

Not quite.

I said no such thing and you should stop telling lies.

Not a lie?

Then give a link to where i said any such thing.

You cannot do so because i never said any such thing.

You are a 100% spreader of false information.

It is peope like like you spreading false information that causes strife and stress that is undo.

Phoenix

Phoenix, what is your personal oppinion on the date that the RV will take place? I know it will be just speculation but I value your oppinion as do a lot of people on this site.

I would say very soon after this airs.

It looks as if it was planned for this weekend but because of the delay of the seating of the GOI it was postponed until next weekend.

One thing for sure...we are right on this and I think before November 1st this will be over.

IMHO

Phoenix

• Upvote 13

Not quite.

I said no such thing and you should stop telling lies.

Not a lie?

Then give a link to where i said any such thing.

You cannot do so because i never said any such thing.

You are a 100% spreader of false information.

It is peope like like you spreading false information that causes strife and stress that is undo.

Phoenix

I would say very soon after this airs.

It looks as if it was planned for this weekend but because of the delay of the seating of the GOI it was postponed until next weekend.

One thing for sure...we are right on this and I think before November 1st this will be over.

IMHO

Phoenix

Gracias amigo. B)