Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Are your dinars cut with perfect edges?

pdx4me

With the rumors about an RV perhaps in the near future, I decided to inspect our 25,000 dinars today and just realized that the bottom edges of all of the bills are uneven - not perfectly cut as US dollars are. They aren't as bad as if someone cut them with a pair of scissors but they are definitely not professionally cut - maybe they did that on purpose? We purchased our dinar over a year ago from Dinar Trade. Does anyone else have notes that look unevenly cut? Also, we noticed that several of our dinar appear to have the exact same serial numbers (if that's what they call them). Anyone else notice this? Thanks for your help!

• Upvote 2

With the rumors about an RV perhaps in the near future, I decided to inspect our 25,000 dinars today and just realized that the bottom edges of all of the bills are uneven - not perfectly cut as US dollars are. They aren't as bad as if someone cut them with a pair of scissors but they are definitely not professionally cut - maybe they did that on purpose? We purchased our dinar over a year ago from Dinar Trade. Does anyone else have notes that look unevenly cut? Also, we noticed that several of our dinar appear to have the exact same serial numbers (if that's what they call them). Anyone else notice this? Thanks for your help!

Mine are all from Dinar Trade to. They are the same way. No worrys.

Best to all

• Upvote 1

Mine are all from Dinar Trade to. They are the same way. No worrys.

Best to all

mmmmm......never looked at mine, as I was told GID is very reputable....maybe I'll go look now. BRB

well...mine are "pretty much" all even. If you took a microscopic straight edge to it, there'd be some discrepency. But I've seen the US dollar that way too.

Edited by hspotman

As for the edges, I have no answer.

As for the serial numbers, I do.

The arabic numbers 2 and 3 (backwards 7's) have slight differences in them that do not shout out when looked at, but are there when you know what to look for.

Once you know what you are looking at, you will see.

This information comes from Dinar Trade after I panicked when I thought my serial numbers were duplicates. DT was very helpful in this.

You can google arabic numbers and see what numbers equal what numbers.

Hope this helps

WBC

As for the edges, I have no answer.

As for the serial numbers, I do.

The arabic numbers 2 and 3 (backwards 7's) have slight differences in them that do not shout out when looked at, but are there when you know what to look for.

Once you know what you are looking at, you will see.

This information comes from Dinar Trade after I panicked when I thought my serial numbers were duplicates. DT was very helpful in this.

You can google arabic numbers and see what numbers equal what numbers.

Hope this helps

WBC

The bottom of some of my 25.000 notes are uneven..- yes it was disturbing to see. Like a upward cut in the middle -- very subtle but noticeable.

One note has a black spot on it - like an ink abnormality.

Hope they pass de la rue!

GIDassociates.com, where I got my dinar from, sells "uncirculated" bills. I do notice a bit of discrepency that would be noticed with a magnifying glass or if you looked at it real closely. But like I said, I think I have seen US dollars the same way.

The bottom of some of my 25.000 notes are uneven..- yes it was disturbing to see. Like a upward cut in the middle -- very subtle but noticeable.

One note has a black spot on it - like an ink abnormality.

Hope they pass de la rue!

I just recently posted about this, had the same problem and question... and yes purchased from Dinar Trade... was told that they are ok, we shall see on cash in day!

I checked mine too. After tamping the bottom edge of my rather large stack on a flat level surface, I noticed that the top edges were un-even. So...I turned the stack over and tamped the top edges on the surface and guess what? Now the bottom edges are un-even! I'm at a loss...I can't figure out if it's the top edges that are un-even or if it's the bottom edges. Any help with this mystery would be greatly appreciated.

1) they are NOT cut as precisely by De La Rue as the USD

2) get a loop and look at the Eastern Arabic numbers and you will see that they are different ... google Eastern Arabic numerals and you'll even know what they are.

3) read and do everything in the following post to authenticate your IQD ... it would be a shame to get surprised when you cash in ... DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE

4) IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU BOUGHT THEM ... CHECK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

Doc31

I checked mine too. After tamping the bottom edge of my rather large stack on a flat level surface, I noticed that the top edges were un-even. So...I turned the stack over and tamped the top edges on the surface and guess what? Now the bottom edges are un-even! I'm at a loss...I can't figure out if it's the top edges that are un-even or if it's the bottom edges. Any help with this mystery would be greatly appreciated.

How disappointing...With all the highly intelligent respondants to this topic I'm supprised no-one recognized my attempt to convey, rather absurdly, the point that it's not the edges we should be concerned about. If you bought from DinarTrade all their notes go thru the De La Rue machine when they arrive from Iraq, then again when they are shipped to you, and will again when you exchange them. Don't sweat it.