Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Wealthy Person's Perspective

shadowm35

Hi All,

I have decided to share some information with all you folks that I learned yesterday. This is not a rumor or some special insight from a secret operative I have in the region. No, this is only a perspective of someone I personally know. First, a little background.

The information comes from my brother who lives in Florida, myself, I live In NH. I have been hesitant to ask him to do what I did, but with all the BS flying around, I thought I would try and find at least a little piece of mind. My brother was stationed in Saudi Arabia for 2 years during the first Gulf war; this is where he met his wife. Now, she worked as a nanny for a Colonial in the Saudi Arabian military. Anyways, his wife and this family were and still are very close, as is my brother to this family as well. Fahad now runs an international investing firm out of Africa and has more money than I can even imagine. This gentleman holds a PhD in Biochemical Engineering, and a Masters in Economics, so he is no fool.

Anyways, I asked my brother to call Fahad to get his perspective on this Dinar investment; this is what he was told to tell me. We all know this investment is a long shot, but it does have some potential. Fahad personally does not invest in this opportunity AT THIS TIME for this reason. In his opinion, Iraqi is a very unstable country and will be for many years and so will their economic situation; this is from a guy who knows the region. Nevertheless, and here is the interesting part, Fahad did say that IF this does turn out to be a good opportunity, such as an RV, he does have people that are ready to jump as soon as it happens. Now, with this being known my brother asked him why not just invest now. Fahad simply said, if I invest now, I could lose money. However, if I wait to see if something does happen and I jump in at the beginning, while I will not make as much, I do not lose any and I will only make money, as there is a good chance it will gain in value for a little while.

So there you have it, not a rumor, just a perspective from an investor who does not really care if this thing RVs or not, but is ready if it does and has the resources to make plenty of money even after an RV.

Take Care,

Jim

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 2

Shadow. While I appreciate the effort and the rumor, this is very hard to believe. This line of thinking (from the RSAF Colonel) is typical of the way these people think. I personally know Prince Sultan who flies F-15's out of Dhahran and he has many many Dinar (he won't tell me how much). He believes firmly in the short-term prospects of this investment and I look forward to talking with him again when I return to Saudi Arabia after next week about his take on all the new developements that have, well...developed over the last month since I've been home.

Again, Thanks, but very difficult for me to believe. JMO

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Shadow. While I appreciate the effort and the rumor, this is very hard to believe. This line of thinking (from the RSAF Colonel) is typical of the way these people think. I personally know Prince Sultan who flies F-15's out of Dhahran and he has many many Dinar (he won't tell me how much). He believes firmly in the short-term prospects of this investment and I look forward to talking with him again when I return to Saudi Arabia after next week about his take on all the new developements that have, well...developed over the last month since I've been home.

Hi Rick,

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion, as the Prince is to his and as my brother's friend is entitled to his. All investors to not invest in the same way and do not look at every investment in the same light as the next. I would say also that because one person in Saudi has Dinar, does not necessarily mean they all do. Again, this was a perspective and I can only relay what I was in fact told. As I mentioned in the first post, this was not to be considered a rumor, this was only another person's perspective and nothing more, I was not asking to be believed. However, should you choose to take it as a rumor, that is your right. However, I certainly do not wish to be considered a person spreading a false information or a person that makes things up, which, in a roundabout way, you implied, I certainly do not care about any 15 seconds of fame. Therefore, if this is what others feel, I would ask a MOD to erase this from the rumor section. As for hard to believe, perhaps, but no more so than almost every post that is out here, especially in the rumor forum. Thanks for your thoughts and you feedback,

Take Care,

Jim

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

COOL, F-15's :):):):):):)

I always enjoy hearing the thoughts of people who have more money than I. I too have wondered why the big investors don't seem to be pouncing on the Dinar. I had also thought many of the big currency traders have ways of jumping in at the beginning. Really, why tie-up money now if you don't have too? All the big investors diving in will certainly drive up the price in the short term, then it'll settle down. Hey, sounds just about like what happened in Kuwait!

• Upvote 2

Sounds like a very smart man. Basically in line with every VP of a Bank that anybody has ever talked to. In line w/ every Financial Advisor from Edward Jones to Dave Ramsey. In line w/ every wealthy person thats ever been asked. What does that say about all of us? Thanks for the post and he does sound like a very informed investor. Thanks also for not spreading any BS that these pumpers do.

• Upvote 3

I always enjoy hearing the thoughts of people who have more money than I. I too have wondered why the big investors don't seem to be pouncing on the Dinar. I had also thought many of the big currency traders have ways of jumping in at the beginning. Really, why tie-up money now if you don't have too? All the big investors diving in will certainly drive up the price in the short term, then it'll settle down. Hey, sounds just about like what happened in Kuwait!

Has it not been the theory here, that the RV is delayed for fear that there will be those who will try to grab up the dinar. That's why 1,2,3, must be in place before it happens.

To each his own...

Hi All,

I have decided to share some information with all you folks that I learned yesterday. This is not a rumor or some special insight from a secret operative I have in the region. No, this is only a perspective of someone I personally know. First, a little background.

The information comes from my brother who lives in Florida, myself, I live In NH. I have been hesitant to ask him to do what I did, but with all the BS flying around, I thought I would try and find at least a little piece of mind. My brother was stationed in Saudi Arabia for 2 years during the first Gulf war; this is where he met his wife. Now, she worked as a nanny for a Colonial in the Saudi Arabian military. Anyways, his wife and this family were and still are very close, as is my brother to this family as well. Fahad now runs an international investing firm out of Africa and has more money than I can even imagine. This gentleman holds a PhD in Biochemical Engineering, and a Masters in Economics, so he is no fool.

Anyways, I asked my brother to call Fahad to get his perspective on this Dinar investment; this is what he was told to tell me. We all know this investment is a long shot, but it does have some potential. Fahad personally does not invest in this opportunity AT THIS TIME for this reason. In his opinion, Iraqi is a very unstable country and will be for many years and so will their economic situation; this is from a guy who knows the region. Nevertheless, and here is the interesting part, Fahad did say that IF this does turn out to be a good opportunity, such as an RV, he does have people that are ready to jump as soon as it happens. Now, with this being known my brother asked him why not just invest now. Fahad simply said, if I invest now, I could lose money. However, if I wait to see if something does happen and I jump in at the beginning, while I will not make as much, I do not lose any and I will only make money, as there is a good chance it will gain in value for a little while.

So there you have it, not a rumor, just a perspective from an investor who does not really care if this thing RVs or not, but is ready if it does and has the resources to make plenty of money even after an RV.

Take Care,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Hi All,

Take Care,

Jim

Just one question," If it is not a rumor, why is it in the RUMOR SECTION".

You know Jim: Unless someone has spent more than he could afford buying the dinar, the loss should not be that harmful to any of us. We are talking of small change in the realm of things. It is worth the loss if the RV/RI happens, I know for myself that over the years I have "wasted" money on trivial things. Hopefully this is not one of them, but that is the chance that I took when I invested. What a smile on my face when the dinar RV's...what a smile on my face if it does not. For the time that I have had with my dinar, is the time spent having "hope" that I invested wisely. Just reading all the posts and becoming a part of something greater than I has helped me find a place to "belong" where we are all "equal", and our voice is heard. GO RV!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Fahad now runs an international investing firm out of Africa and has more money than I can even imagine. This gentleman holds a PhD in Biochemical Engineering, and a Masters in Economics, so he is no fool.

IMO though this sounds sincere enough and no doubt Jim seemed putting forth great effort to make a point...still this is a rumor or advise that I chose to ignore. ohmy.gif

To sort of add to the post there are a couple of things of interest

One, is that he mentioned he had a means to get in at the beginning of the RV and most interestingly he said 'it would probably go up". That in itself has an interesting thought behind it.

Since I consult in a third world country, I think I can safely say that there are very weathy people with enough clout to both avoid big market moves as well as take advantage of them, and I assume its worldwide.

As an example, in Mexico, the very wealthy had enough 'juice' to be told just before the peso took a hit, and they moved all their money to dollars within hours. This is the reality of the world when you are high up in the 'food chain', so I do believe this 'prince' having that possible of a situation completely and it makes a lot of sense. Money is smart and they have priviledges.

It also happens in our own stock market. Just google HFT (hi frequency trading) and you'll be shocked to learn that 73% of trades are made by these big boy computer programs and they know beforehand what YOU just bought before it hits the buy pits... kinda gives them a 'one-up' on us street folk or what in Vegas is called 'hedging" your bets... you may not play the markets short term ever again! :-)

I appreciate the contribution. Seemed honest enough.

Edited by Don Paul
  • Upvote 1

You know Jim: Unless someone has spent more than he could afford buying the dinar, the loss should not be that harmful to any of us. We are talking of small change in the realm of things. It is worth the loss if the RV/RI happens, I know for myself that over the years I have "wasted" money on trivial things. Hopefully this is not one of them, but that is the chance that I took when I invested. What a smile on my face when the dinar RV's...what a smile on my face if it does not. For the time that I have had with my dinar, is the time spent having "hope" that I invested wisely. Just reading all the posts and becoming a part of something greater than I has helped me find a place to "belong" where we are all "equal", and our voice is heard. GO RV!!!!!!

:twothumbs: Very well spoken ! My thoughts exactly ! :twothumbs: Thanks for the post Shadowman.

Edited by Uncle Barkie

Thanks for the post shadowm35 - However I tend to agree with RicknSaudi in that this is rather hard to believe.

I simply feel if Fahad has so much money as you have mentioned.

It would be nothing but a drop in the bucket, for him to invest a few thousand now, and get in on the ground floor so to speak.

Even if what he feels is true, and this currency revaluation is years away, it would still provide for a better return than anything I can image.

This all just does not add up.

JMHO

GoRV.gif

• Upvote 2

Hi Traconesu02,

Thank you for your thoughts, however, I am curious as to where you saw I wrote about an impending RV being years away. Again, I was only passing along information, knowing full well that people sometimes read between lines that are not there. Therefore, let me see if I can clear up some misconceptions that you may have. First, I did not write anything about an RV being years away, “In his opinion, Iraqi is a very unstable country and will be for many years and so will their economic situation; this is from a guy who knows the region”, is what I wrote. I do not believe that there is RV is there anywhere. Moreover, I do not believe there is one person on this site that feels Iraqi becoming suddenly rich is going to cure all their problems. No, in fact there is the possibility they could become worse, remember, the more money, the possibility for more corruption. I would venture to say that the majority of people want to cash out once this happens and if they never hear about Iraqi again, this would be fine by them. Most people’s goals are monetary, hence investment, and not long term concern for Iraqi stability. With this in mind, it is very possible to see where there problems are only going to change, not perhaps be better. Second, as for Fahad himself, this is what I was told, I can not tell you what he has done for certain, but it does make sense for him to deal with things both ways if he so chooses. So I hope this clears things up a bit, if not, let me know.

Take Care,

Jim