Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thursday Lunchtime Opinions - 1:55 PM MDT - 4/11/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Pimpy  There won't be no in-country/out-of-country rate, just not going to happen.  If [there's a LOP and] you think you're going to be able to hold the old bank notes with the zeros on there just because you're out of Iraq and... the exchange rate jumps up to a high exchange rate and you think you're going to run down there with your 25,000 and swap it with that exchange rate and get more of a return, you're sadly mistaken...In country 1 to 1 - out of country a $3.86 exchange rate, that's not going to happen. The variance is usually somewhere between 1% to 3%...

Mnt Goat  We are just waiting for the “giant” leap when the CBI gives them the second rate change. This should bring in much if not all the remaining capital outside the banking system back to the banks that need it desperately for the economy to grow. This second rate change should coincide with the project to delete the zeros. :twothumbs:

Militia Man  Remember when you say Iraq was paying for all of their major construction at 1310 you'll see...payments were able to disperse out of the DFI fund... Food, currency exchange programs, electricity, oil infrastructure programs, equipment for Iraqis, equipment for security forces, civil services, salaries, Ministry of budget operations - that's a broad spectrum... They had a lot of things that they could tap into that oil money revenue stream dollars [DFI}.  It wasn't in dinars. Things have changed now... They have a time crunch... Since the DFI has gone into the Iraqi2 Fund you're going to see big changes I'm excited to see...:twothumbs:

:tiphat:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

It sounds like Iraqi international business is being conducted in both IQD & USD at a     1 to 1 rate.   Go RV.

Militia Man  Remember when you say Iraq was paying for all of their major construction at 1310 you'll see...payments were able to disperse out of the DFI fund... Food, currency exchange programs, electricity, oil infrastructure programs, equipment for Iraqis, equipment for security forces, civil services, salaries, Ministry of budget operations - that's a broad spectrum... They had a lot of things that they could tap into that oil money revenue stream dollars [DFI}.  It wasn't in dinars. Things have changed now... They have a time crunch... Since the DFI has gone into the Iraqi2 Fund you're going to see big changes I'm excited to see...:twothumbs::tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Mnt Goat  We are just waiting for the “giant” leap when the CBI gives them the second rate change. 

What second rate change? When was the 1st change?   Is Mnt Goat grazing in the "weed field" again?  :jester:

• Haha 2

Just now, NWGUY said:

Mnt Goat  We are just waiting for the “giant” leap when the CBI gives them the second rate change. 

What second rate change? When was the 1st change?   Is Mnt Goat grazing in the "weed field" again?  :jester:

I think it's talking about the move to the current 1310(?) from the 14?? whatever it was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

22 minutes ago, hspotman said:

I think it's talking about the move to the current 1310(?) from the 14?? whatever it was.

That is nothing to be excited about...it was at 1180 when I bought my dinar, and now this is where we are.  I don't consider a few bleeps here and there to count as a rate change.  I am talking about a real rate change...not bleeps here and there!  :jester:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NWGUY said:

That is nothing to be excited about...it was at 1180 when I bought my dinar, and now this is where we are.  I don't consider a few bleeps here and there to count as a rate change.  I am talking about a real rate change...not bleeps here and there!  :jester:

I agree, and is always what I thought/think when people talk about the next 'rv' to 1000, then what we want.

• Upvote 1