Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sunday Lunchtime Opinions @ 12:55 PM MDT - 3/17/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Sandy Ingram   Iraq has completed the necessary prerequisites to join the World Trade Organization WTO. This pivotal development reported by Gulf News marks new chapter in Iraq's economic journey... Joining the WTO is not a mere formality, it necessitates a commitment to aligning with WTO rules by enhancing private sector performance and overhauling trade policies....  Membership in the WTO is a significant milestone for any country.:twothumbs:

Jeff   They have suspended currency auctions from this point forward, through the remainder of March (This is a false statement, since there was an Auction today, and there is no CBI statement to this effect)  giving them eligibility to revalue this weekend - having this weekend being the earliest point throughout this entire year to be able to revalue...Iraq was not even eligible to revalue before this weekend...

Pimpy  If you go to 1.32, it actually comes out to $0.76. So if I take my 5 million dinars times $0.76 oh yeah!  $3.8 million, we'll take it! 

But...if this is moving the decimal place over 3 positions coming out to 1.320 for every US dollar...they need to change their currency...That's the deletion of the zeros. Your 25,000 dinar becomes 25 dinar. So if I take my 5 million and remove the three zeros and multiply $0.76 - 5,000 dinars x $.76 = $3,800.  Yeah, that's what it comes down to...When Al-Sudani was talking about he would love to have an exchange rate of 1.32...he was talking about the deletion of the zeros. I said that's what we need to avoid...You do not want the deletion of the zeros but it looks now like it's inevitable.:violin::drunk:Poor Pimpy, his math is still erroneous. Just disregard his analysis.

Mnt Goat  I have to say that the CBI cannot turn back from all the progress already made. Also remember that the citizens of Iraq are reading all these articles too about increasing the value of the dinar and so it is way beyond the point of returning to the same old, same old... Remember two things if nothing else: 1. It’s not IF but WHEN this event is going to happen, and: 2. It has to happen and soon.:twothumbs:

:tiphat:

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Sandy Ingram   Iraq has completed the necessary prerequisites to join the World Trade Organization WTO. This pivotal development reported by Gulf News marks new chapter in Iraq's economic journey... Joining the WTO is not a mere formality, it necessitates a commitment to aligning with WTO rules by enhancing private sector performance and overhauling trade policies....  Membership in the WTO is a significant milestone for any country.:twothumbs:

Jeff   They have suspended currency auctions from this point forward, through the remainder of March (This is a false statement, since there was an Auction today, and there is no CBI statement to this effect)  giving them eligibility to revalue this weekend - having this weekend being the earliest point throughout this entire year to be able to revalue...Iraq was not even eligible to revalue before this weekend...

Pimpy  If you go to 1.32, it actually comes out to $0.76. So if I take my 5 million dinars times $0.76 oh yeah!  $3.8 million, we'll take it! 

But...if this is moving the decimal place over 3 positions coming out to 1.320 for every US dollar...they need to change their currency...That's the deletion of the zeros. Your 25,000 dinar becomes 25 dinar. So if I take my 5 million and remove the three zeros and multiply $0.76 - 5,000 dinars x $.76 = $3,800.  Yeah, that's what it comes down to...When Al-Sudani was talking about he would love to have an exchange rate of 1.32...he was talking about the deletion of the zeros. I said that's what we need to avoid...You do not want the deletion of the zeros but it looks now like it's inevitable.:violin::drunk:Poor Pimpy, his math is still erroneous. Just disregard his analysis.

Mnt Goat  I have to say that the CBI cannot turn back from all the progress already made. Also remember that the citizens of Iraq are reading all these articles too about increasing the value of the dinar and so it is way beyond the point of returning to the same old, same old... Remember two things if nothing else: 1. It’s not IF but WHEN this event is going to happen, and: 2. It has to happen and soon.:twothumbs:

:tiphat:

Pimpy has to stick to those gold and silver vouchers ….😂😂😂

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

On 3/17/2024 at 12:29 PM, BETTYBOOP said:

Pimpy is a complete simpleton

Can't do basic math. Flip flops depending on his mood that day oh and can't read. He is back to the 3 zeros argument! 

Yeah... when I first read the first part, I thought Pimpy was back on track, and then...the big flip flop, back to lop.  Pretty sad that he is either a horrible liar, or just not very bright??  :facepalm1:  Just not sure about Pimpy which it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/18/2024 at 4:16 PM, NWGUY said:

Yeah... when I first read the first part, I thought Pimpy was back on track, and then...the big flip flop, back to lop.  Pretty sad that he is either a horrible liar, or just not very bright??  :facepalm1:  Just not sure about Pimpy which it is.

you have to admit he will be right one way or the other. 😉

• Haha 2