Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Continues It's Efforts To Meet WTO Guidelines.

Luigi1

Here's two articles of Dinarian interests...

Iraq continues it's efforts to meet WTO guidelines.

Treat as a rumors.  Not verified.  Your opine.

TNT via Tishwash:                        They Are Running This Again.  Iraq Continues Its Efforts To Gain Membership In The WTO.

ARTICLE:  The Ministry of Commerce confirmed the government's aspiration to join the WTO, especially after the Saudi representative in the organization, Saqr Al-Muqbel, was named to manage Iraq's accession file, noting that his recent visit to Baghdad contributed to addressing a number of important files.

The ministry’s official spokesman, Muhammad Hanoun, said, “Iraq has joined as an observer in the WTO since 2004 & until 2023 this accession faced many problems & challenges, the most recent of which is the failure to pay dues to join the observer organization. However, after the announcement of the government program by PM Muhammad Shia Sudanese began working again on the possibility of Iraq joining this organization, as two sessions took place and a dialogue was held with the organization by the Iraqi negotiating team headed by the Minister of Trade, Atheer Al-Ghurairi, which included all the relevant Iraqi ministries & bodies.

Hanoun added, “The WTO assigned the Saudi representative to the organization, Saqr Al-Muqbel, to manage the file of Iraq’s accession & he came to Baghdad on an important visit & met with the Iraqi negotiating team & many issues were addressed, the most important of which were the files of goods & services, as well as the legislation that the Iraqi economic reform team in the PM’s Office would carry out.” By addressing it within the frameworks & legislation within which the WTO operates.”

He continued, "Joining will achieve many things for Iraq, most notably that it will support the file of Iraqi goods & facilitate their entry into global markets & secondly, the harmonization of Iraqi laws & regulations with international laws & regulations," pointing out that "Iraq has today become a major economic player on the world level & needs to harmonize Iraqi laws with international laws." .

He stressed, “Minister of Trade Atheer Al-Ghurairi attended the 3rd session of the WTO, which was held in the Emirate of Dubai in the UAE & met with the Assistant Director-General of the organization.  We believe that the meeting will achieve progress in achieving the government’s aspirations regarding accession in an accelerated manner,” appreciating “the Saudi efforts in overcoming many special obstacles.” Iraq's accession to the WTO.

Tishwash:                     Trade Confirms The Processing Of Files Within Efforts To Join The WTO.

ARTICLE:  The Ministry of Commerce confirmed the government’s aspiration to join the WTO, especially after the Saudi representative in the organization, Saqr Al-Muqbel, was named to manage Iraq’s accession file, noting that his recent visit to Baghdad contributed to addressing a number of important files.

The ministry’s official spokesman, Muhammad Hanoun, told a news agency: “Iraq joined as an observer in the WTO from 2004 & until 2023, this accession faced many problems & challenges, the most recent of which was the failure to pay dues to join the observer organization, but after the announcement Regarding the government program of PM Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani, work began again on the possibility of Iraq joining this organization, as two sessions took place & a dialogue was held with the organization by the Iraqi negotiating team headed by the Minister of Commerce, Atheer Al-Ghurairi, which included all the relevant Iraqi ministries & bodies. 

Hanoun added, “The World Trade Organization assigned the Saudi representative to the organization, Saqr Al-Muqbel, to manage the file of Iraq’s accession & he came to Baghdad on an important visit & met with the Iraqi negotiating team & many issues were addressed, the most important of which were the files of goods & services, as well as the legislation that the Iraqi economic reform team in the PM’s Office would carry out.” By addressing it within the frameworks & legislation within which the WTO operates.” 

He continued, "Joining will achieve many things for Iraq, most notably that it will support the file of Iraqi goods & facilitate their entry into global markets & secondly, the harmonization of Iraqi laws & regulations with international laws & regulations," pointing out that "Iraq has today become a major economic player on the world level and needs to harmonize Iraqi laws with international laws." 

He stressed, “Minister of Trade Atheer Al-Ghurairi attended the 3rd session of the WTO, which was held in the Emirate of Dubai in the UAE & met with the Assistant Director-General of the organization.  We believe that the meeting will achieve progress in achieving the government’s aspirations regarding accession in an accelerated manner,” appreciating “the Saudi efforts in overcoming many special obstacles.” Iraq's accession to the WTO.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

When do we find out if Iraq has full membership/assertion? Someone from here told me only 2 countries made it, and one wasn't Iraq?  Did it already happen? Don't tell me to read above, I don't trust ONE word that comes from any of these douches.

• Haha 2
  • Pow! 2

25 minutes ago, hspotman said:

When do we find out if Iraq has full membership/assertion? Someone from here told me only 2 countries made it, and one wasn't Iraq?  Did it already happen? Don't tell me to read above, I don't trust ONE word that comes from any of these douches.

There were two articles in Iraq News last week that claims Iraq may already be a member of BRICS & WTO.

My guess is PM Sudani will make an official announcement during his upcoming visit to Washington.  

Also articles about GOI assisting merchants with price restructuring.  Lifting the three zeros may had already happened in Iraq.   IMHO.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thats correct only 3 coumtries were grantedmembership not Iraq. I had prev said they needed a 3rd meeting which I believe they had. Also I had stated they need Iraq laws & legistration to be passed which is not done who knows how long this will take as slow as they are in doing anything. I didn't know they needed to pay dues I should have know they slow on paying any due to WTO. The Iraq try to get by without passing & harmonizing legistration Laws trying to cut corners. Does not work with WTO guess they felt if cry enough would grant them membership. WTO smarter than that thank goodness they not believe in Iraqs crying spell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, screwball said:

Wouldn’t he make this announcement in Iraq…

Logic would think so.

Right now the US is standing in the way of Iraqi progress.

Sudani may want to appease OBiden.   IMHO.

• Pow! 1