Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DINAR VALUE -NOT GOOD

saphire

"Supported by healthy current account surpluses, we expect the central bank to hold the dinar steady at around IQD1,170/US$ over the next five years. " --Mike King

:( :( :( :( :(

This doe's not look like smoke and mirrors to me. I hope the writer is just voicing his own opinion and has nothing concrete to show.

pp

Iraq Business Forecast Report Q1 2010 - new market analysis released

The recent oil deals and our expectations for more to follow over the coming quarters support our relatively positive growth outlook over the next five years. So too has our improved outlook for the price of oil. Having revised our oil price forecasts upwards, we now see the government’s fiscal position as far more sustainable. We do still forecast fiscal shortfalls out to 2014, but they should be manageable. Supported by healthy current account surpluses, we expect the central bank to hold the dinar steady at around IQD1,170/US$ over the next five years.

Say What?? First this article is at least a year old. A lot of water has gone over the dam since this was written.

• Upvote 4

Can you imagine what the people of Iraq will do if they continue to live in poverty much longer? Think about it, there not stupid. They know they live on black gold. As they say on DV IMO there is no possible way the currency can continue to be worthless. Once the rebuilding actually begins, the upside is off the charts. Im not 100% sure were as close as everyone thinks but its certainly not 5 yrs from RV/RI - thats just ridiculous -

I think it`s best not to read much into this until one of the other so called Info Geniuses clear it . IMO GO RI :) Can some body explain why it is we can go from one post to the other and feel good about it then feel awefully terrible by the next post . Don`t give me the " Smoke & Mirrors" thing , it`s plain and simply because no one knows anything for sure about Rates Dates Nominees , RVs . We all need to be patient (Myself Included ) and let this play out , eventually we will see something CONCRETE in our news , they can`t hide forever , CAN THEY ? GO RI :) Still smiling

• Upvote 1

Good news is that a LOP wasn't mentioned. Dinar value will eventually increase slowly. Not sure why everyone thinks they'll become instant millionaires overnight. It's just not how the world works. If the dinar was really close to an RV, nobody would be able to afford what little could be bought. But I've said all that before.

• Upvote 1

What a waste of time posting something that was said over a year ago, please update yourself on what has been said by the PM in Feb. of this year... things have change and what you posted was just someones ideas................. Thanks anyway!!! GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

• Upvote 1

Oh come on now! This bloke expects me to believe that the country of Iraq wishes to stay in the fiscal toilet??? To what end? FIVE more years of not being able to have *ANY* purchasing power by the everyday Joe the Iraqi? So the GOI can reap several hundred billion if not, a trillion USD from oil exports over the next five years?

Seriously, I do not believe this for one single second - I have seen some really outlandish things on here, but this my friends is the most obscene "diatribe" yet.

I am calling BS on this! Does anyone think the Saudis, Kuwaiti's, Qataries, etc would ever let an oil rich neighbor intentionally drag their economy down. This is no different than a scum bag moving in next door to your beautiful home with manicured lawns and picket fences only to make his place into a car dump......

Second time I am calling BS!

Iraq Business Forecast Report Q1 2010 - new market analysis released

http://www.live-pr.com/en/iraq-business-forecast-report-q-r1048556472.htm

Thank you, tracytferrall, for the post!

It is time for all of us to realize that we have been told so many times that lots of confusing articles would come out of Iraq prior to RV. We also need to know that Iraq CANNOT survive without an internationally recognized currency. Their currency is worthless for the time being, and there are too many pending contracts waiting for a fair revaluation.

Scooter has given us lots of evidence that the Banking Reform is on track, and it should conclude by October 31, 2010.

Iraq has too much oil and natural gas to support a much stronger currency so needed to take care of their primary needs such as water, electricity, food, and - most of all - their right to live with dignity.

Even though religion should not be discussed in this forum, we CANNOT ignore the influence of it in politics. Just take a look at History and the Bible, and you will find three basic clues that should catch our attention.

Past Iraq, also known as Babylon, a prosperous, rich, the most important country commercially speaking;

present Iraq, due to wars, politics, and sectarian divisions, a sleeping giant trying to survive the challenges of the twenty-first century with a fifteenth century mind set;

future Iraq, according to Bible prophecy, will play a very important role among the nations of the Earth.

In order for Iraq to become again that Babylonian Empire, it will need a strong currency, a strong government, and a strong support and admiration from the nations that trade with the great empire of the future.

It is time for all of us - DVs - to be still and give ourselves a vote of confidence for our investment. We must believe in what we do or get out of it! If we allow the conflicting news to bother our peace of mind ... we may develop high blood pressure, anxiety, and many other related problems that we do not need to have at this time. We should know by now that there is a time for everything, and no matter what we do or think... QUE SERA, SERA, (whatever will be, will be). The blue sky is larger than the clouds that obstruct it!

Go RV! We are just a few more miles from finishing our race!- Barboza

Edited by Barboza
  • Upvote 4