Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Proposal for a New Toy Box Forum

I am going to be thrifty. After I pay off all my debts, I plan on buying a 2005 to 2007 Infinity g35x or the same year Audi A4.

I am a former state champ mountain biker so a new 29'er is in order.

I also do commercial photography on the side so I plan on buying the new Canon 5D MarkII camera ($2800) with a 70 to 200 f2.8 IS zoom ($2500) and a 16- 35mm f2.8 zoom($1600)

The rest i plan on investing for retirement in 3 years.

We started a church in a barn 3 years ago in a real barn it was cold smelly and full of equipment and animals,Just like where jesus was born. We saved money and renovated a auto body shop into the facility we are now worshiping in. I would like the RV to come in so we could build a new house of worship. I would like to pay off my mortgage. Have enough money to do missionary work. To preach the gospel to the lost souls and see people set free from sin. I would do habitat for humanity and help fellow believers and folks who are in need of a blessing. Start a food bank and give back to GOD the blessing we are about to recieve. I have traveled for 35 years doing construction management away from my family. We have adopted a couple of kids who really needed a home and we do for them as they were our own. I would feel it was God whom set me free from the bondage of the world by giving us this blessing. It would be great to be to blessed not to be stressed,to glad to not be sad, to annointed to be disapointed and have no worry other than to be pleasing in the light of the lord. Give him the Glory it all belongs to him anyway . Go RV

• Upvote 1

I don't mean to get off topic I know this is about what toys but for me, after I take care of family debts and affairs; I think we should never forget our people who serve in our armed forces. They have my unconditional respect. I have mixed feelings sometimes about whats going on out here, this investment, the media...

4.jpg

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Title.jpg

http://www.aerhq.org/

I know there are other organizations and I need to do more research but I will do this before I buy any toys. Even if it's just helping out a clinic that treats soldiers who are experiencing PTSD. My heart gets heavy when I think about this. I just feel obligated to give back to them in some way, to do something. This is just my opinion of course.

After that, I'll have fun living life as we all should with or without the RV.

• Upvote 2

I will be buying a 1970 Chevy Nova SS Royal Blue with Black Racing Stripes completely chromed out... Also, I will be getting a Rubicon for the wife....

Maynard you can buy Alienware at Best Buy atleast here in Indiana they have it at the Best Buy close to my house... They have several different set ups at the store and you can also get it shipped to the best buy for purchase.

Iraqi Vet05-07

We are going to finish building the house, now much easier, thank you rv! I'm going to put a pretty white fence around the 50 acres with a security gate, now I get to add my indoor pool I've always wanted, and we both have bad knees, even tho we aren't old, so think I will add an elevator in the back hallway so we can get upstairs when we are old! LOL My husband wants hair transplants and a polaris ranger, and I want a new wedding ring, my original one was stolen about 10 years ago. We aleady have the big rv, so now will have all the money we need to travel across the country at our whim. Whoo Hoooo! Here's hoping and praying for $3.xx? :P

I will be buying a 1970 Chevy Nova SS Royal Blue with Black Racing Stripes completely chromed out... Also, I will be getting a Rubicon for the wife....

Maynard you can buy Alienware at Best Buy atleast here in Indiana they have it at the Best Buy close to my house... They have several different set ups at the store and you can also get it shipped to the best buy for purchase.

Iraqi Vet05-07

\

I had no idea. I'll go to my local and look for it. I don't think its likely to have the exact KILLER specs I want, but I would love to take a test run. Thanks alot.

Maynard

After we pay off our bills and my wife doesn't feel like working any longer, we are going to move to Tennessee where we can ride our Harleys practically all year. We've already donated dinars to our family and friends so that will tide them over for awhile. Invest a significant amount into several areas (one of them Adam's proposal). Looking into the building of at least two (maybe more) recovery/rehab homes for wounded service folks. Don't necessarily need more toys - two Harleys, a Great Lake sized boat are enough for now. Pretty simple really ...........

You know Maynard I saw an Alfred Hitchcock movie years ago who just loved to read...he also wore glasses.....he found out the world was coming to the end and all he could do was to stock up on every book possible. He was so happy, but did not help anyone else but himself....the day of judgment, he had all his books around him, a beautiful couple of lamps and a great reading chair. As he sat in his chair, everything turned black and when he got up to see what had happened, he stepped on his glasses and broke them. With all he had ever wanted for himself was there but he could not enjoy them. Just remember, (people come and go, but your true friends and family are there to the end) I will never have a problem because I have 14 brothers and sisters and just found out my dad (rest his soul) gave us another 12 children we did not know about. You know I am already rich, but now want to make my loved ones comfortable. Thank you Maynard...you made my day. Sometimes I forget the small things in life that are so important.

• Upvote 2

You know Maynard I saw an Alfred Hitchcock movie years ago who just loved to read...he also wore glasses.....he found out the world was coming to the end and all he could do was to stock up on every book possible. He was so happy, but did not help anyone else but himself....the day of judgment, he had all his books around him, a beautiful couple of lamps and a great reading chair. As he sat in his chair, everything turned black and when he got up to see what had happened, he stepped on his glasses and broke them. With all he had ever wanted for himself was there but he could not enjoy them. Just remember, (people come and go, but your true friends and family are there to the end) I will never have a problem because I have 14 brothers and sisters and just found out my dad (rest his soul) gave us another 12 children we did not know about. You know I am already rich, but now want to make my loved ones comfortable. Thank you Maynard...you made my day. Sometimes I forget the small things in life that are so important.

Wasnt that a twilight zone....or maybe outer limits?....lol....that one has stuck with me for years, so i understand your point, jbbdolphins....a simple 100 foot catamaran and freinds and family to share it with in the caribbean will be enough for me....lol....cant figure out how to post pics for this....go RV already!!

• Upvote 1

Burgis Meredith played that role in the Hitchcock you reference. Seen it several times.

Just so you know, I do a lot of work free of charge. Not that I can afford it. Your sarcasm is duly noted, but maybe you should be directing your sanctimony at someone you actually know. So not gonna defend myself.

Maynard

• Upvote 2

Hey Maynard,

Thanks for this post. Cars to me are just for getting around. Not really much I would want in the way of toys except maybe a really sweet kayak. But, if this RVs at more than $1, I'm going to buy some land, build an awesome rammed earth house, get a cutting edge solar power system and go totally off grid. Luxury to me is a quiet home and simple pleasures.

Here's the company I would use for my rammed earth house: http://www.sirewall.com/news/video-gallery/david-suzukis-the-nature-of-things/ This video shows the home of Randy Bachman of Bachman Turner Overdrive. Way cool.

Okay ~ Well... at the risk of seeming extravagant or materialistic... Oh what the heck! This is what I was looking at online today smile.gif Would get a smaller Porsche but I need the 4-door to transport my real estate clients. Custom exterior paint ~ not sure what color yet ~ white interior. rolleyes.gif

rendered.jpg?pool=multimedia&type=image&id=970-g1-4s-xle〈=none&claim=Panamera+4S&subclaim=Four.+Uncompromised.&claimColor=FFFFFF&subclaimColor=FFFFFF&version=2

I'm dreaming of course... Cause first I suppose I have to think about taxes, charities, debt, hiring a money manager, setting aside most funds for more investing, putting myself on a budget, diversifying into metals & more real estate, riding the ISX, hopefully I can TRAVEL and have some FUN. biggrin.gif

In my wildest dreams (like a high RV) I may travel, write, design ~ shoes, perfume & handbags, laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif fund raise & produce TV & products for causes/foundations ie, women & children in third world countries... Whew! I'm tired.

Gotta reach! Dreamin' big! tongue.gif

• Upvote 1

When your ready to sell call me. 512- 555-2323 ask for Greg if a gal answers.

Be careful when creating what you think is a

fake Hollywood-style phone number.

Turn out, that's a fax number to:

International & Graduate Admissions

12345 Applytexas Lane

Room 151

Austin, TX 78712

Phone: (512) 555-2222 Fax: (512) 555-2323

Maynard thanks for the post,

First: Establishing education trust funds for my seven grandchildren's college costs

Second: Setting up a retirement fund and long term investments for myself using a wealth manager

Third: Giving to worthy causes

Fourth: Paying off my mother's house mortgage

Then I'll acquire my toys:

- 2011 winterized Honda Pilot 4x4 with towing package

- Paid for weapon and self defense training to my brother who served as a Army Ranger in Korea

- Good home defense shotgun like a Remington 870 w/weaponlight

(I really like the 14" police entry version)

- 33' Chris Craft (used is ok) with twin inboards

- Satellite phone

- Log cabin or cottage home with acreage somewhere on a large lake or coastal bay

- Natural gas power generator/Propane tank

- Australian Shepherd (fiercely protective and loving)

Okay if I have to, I'll look to tow the boat with one really big Ford pickup.

That's it.

Cosmo

- 33' Chris Craft (used is ok) with twin inboards

I hate to see people get themselves into

something and not be fully informed prior

to jumping in.

With that being said,

I've been in the automotive industry

for a number of years, including some

time with a machine shop that built

automotive and marine engines.

Do you know what b-o-a-t stands for?

Break

Out

Another

Thousand

That's all I'm going to say...

I hate to see people get themselves into

something and not be fully informed prior

to jumping in.

With that being said,

I've been in the automotive industry

for a number of years, including some

time with a machine shop that built

automotive and marine engines.

Do you know what b-o-a-t stands for?

Break

Out

Another

Thousand

That's all I'm going to say...

To each his own Mr. Parrot, I've always like the Chris Craft boats and yes, they're money pits like a lot of things we dream about.

Cosmo

I tried to put in a picture...but just can't figure it out...

So, you'll just have to use your imagination or go to this link:

It's my first motorcycle... I've wanted one for years, but there's always been a higher priority to take care of... Once the debt is paid off, the kids are set for college and the retirement plan(s) are in motion... I buying a Triumph... It's the perfect first chick bike. cool.gif

Edited by icutiewatcher

To each his own Mr. Parrot, I've always like the Chris Craft boats and yes, they're money pits like a lot of things we dream about.

Cosmo

Not trying to talk you out of it.

Just making sure you know what you're

getting yourself into.

:P