Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament building devoid of demonstrators, and sit-ins are concentrated in its surroundings (new photos)

yota691

2 hours ago, WheresmyRV? said:

Someone should make a movie out of all this mess :facepalm:  Starting to see no end to this....

Personally I'm disgusted with all of this. Nearly 20 years of the most Epic FUBAR/SNAFU I've ever witnessed...well, next to our present administration that is.

It's astounding how these people have allowed (a golden opportunity to create massive wealth ) a Pro-Iranian Cabal of criminal Iraqi politicians to  decimate a country & it's people.

Now they want new elections which will only serve to elect & reelect new & the same corrupt officials creating a Deja'Vu all over again scenario delaying even further the seating of a new government.

I'd call for MASS ARRESTS of ALL Pro-Iranian et.al. elements...Purge the country: it's the only way you'll ever have a "  free & governable " Iraq.

That'll never happen Will it???

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/1/2022 at 7:15 PM, unirod said:

is this an "insurrection?"

I find it very interesting the echos of parallel behavior. But, there is a clear and remarkable difference. Here in Iraq a country has been unstable and at civil war for decades and is moving through a process that has the potential to create stability for the citizens of Iraq as a whole. 

When rain falls from the sky vapor is changed into liquid. As a boiling pot of water is heated up the liquid changes into vapor. Both process look the same as water vapor suspended in the atmosphere.

What happened in the United States was decades of peace and stability with the potential to transition into civil war. 

Things that may look similar may not always be the same.

l-Abadi: I welcome what was stated in Al-Sadr's speech and salute his steps

17382022_NB-221188-636459980923169782-81

Baghdad/Following

The leader of the victory coalition Haider al-Abadi announced, on Wednesday, that he welcomed what was stated in the speech of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr today.

Al-Abadi said in a tweet via Twitter, which was followed by (the Iraqi Media News Agency /), I welcome what came from the speech of brother Mr. Muqtada Al-Sadr, and it converges in many respects with our initiative to resolve the crisis.

He added, I salute his steps and all the brothers for preserving blood and achieving reform, and I call on everyone to unite to serve the people, reform the system and strengthen the constitutional state, through a sound and peaceful democratic process.

And the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, demanded, earlier today, Wednesday, the dissolution of the current parliament and the holding of early elections, while stressing that he has not decided yet to run in the elections or not.

• Upvote 3

After al-Sadr's speech, al-Maliki's coalition decided its position on the re-election - urgent

1659558969_203800-810x456.jpg
News source / Baghdad today

Baghdad today - Baghdad

A member of the State of Law coalition, Fadel Mawat, confirmed today, Wednesday, that the political blocs of the Kurds and Sunnis and the coordination framework will not agree to al-Sadr's call to repeat the elections and dissolve parliament.

Mowat told (Baghdad Today), "There is confusion in the demands of the Sadrist movement and instability in its goals. Sometimes it attacks the judiciary and sometimes it occupies Parliament, which led to a lack of understanding of what the Sadrist movement wants ."

He added that "the issue of re-election is not easy in the current circumstances, as well as that the political blocs will not accept, such as the Kurds and Sunnis, and the coordination framework that represents the largest bloc in Parliament ."

Mowat added, "The Kurds will not agree either to amend or change the constitution because the current constitution is among their rights. The issue is complex and not easy ."

Al-Sadr had called, in a speech today, to dissolve parliament and organize early elections, noting that "the old faces will not have any presence through a peaceful democratic process."

• Haha 3

Al-Sadr calls for the dissolution of Parliament and the holding of early elections (video)

Baghdad - people   

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, demanded, on Wednesday, the dissolution of parliament and the holding of early elections, while at the same time he called on the protesters to continue their sit-in.  

Al-Sadr said in a speech followed by "Nass" (August 3, 2022), "I will not antagonize anyone, even those who want to kill me, as in the leaks."  

He added, "Dialogue with them we have tried and experienced, and nothing is good for the country but ruin and dependency, and there is no benefit from dialogue with them," noting that "the malicious lawsuits obstructed the formation of the majority government."  

He continued, directing his speech to the citizens, "Oh, the Iraqi people, if you want change, I am waiting for you, and I have not decided to run in the new elections or not."  

He continued, "I call for early elections after the dissolution of the current parliament, and the protesters must stay and continue, and do not delude you that the revolution is a struggle for power."  

Al-Sadr explained, "Reform does not come without sacrifice, and I am fully prepared to testify for reform," noting that "the revolution began as a Sadrist and they are part of the people, and that the revolution will not exclude the corrupt from the Sadrist movement."  

Al-Sadr affirmed, "I have never and will never be satisfied with bloodshed, and most of the people are tired of the entire ruling class."  

Al-Sadr continued, addressing the Iraqis: "They took advantage of my presence to end corruption."  

• Upvote 1

A tweet from Al-Maliki after Al-Sadr's speech: We hope to resolve differences through serious dialogues

Baghdad - people  

Today, Wednesday, the head of the State of Law Coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, expressed his hope to resolve differences through serious dialogues, after the recent speech of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.  

Al-Maliki said in a tweet followed by "Nass" (August 3, 2022), that "the serious dialogues from which we hope to resolve differences and restore things to their rightful place begin with a return to the constitution  and respect for constitutional institutions."  

Today, Wednesday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, demanded the dissolution of parliament and the holding of early elections, while at the same time he called on the protesters to continue their sit-in.  

me_ga.php?id=39688  

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, demanded, on Wednesday, the dissolution of parliament and the holding of early elections, while at the same time he called on the protesters to continue their sit-in.  

Al-Sadr said in a speech followed by "Nass" (August 3, 2022), "I will not antagonize anyone, even those who want to kill me, as in the leaks."    

He added, "Dialogue with them we have tried and experienced, and nothing is good for the country but ruin and dependency, and there is no benefit from dialogue with them," noting that "the malicious lawsuits obstructed the formation of the majority government."    

He continued, directing his speech to the citizens, "Oh, the Iraqi people, if you want change, I am waiting for you, and I have not decided to run in the new elections or not."    

He continued, "I call for early elections after the dissolution of the current parliament, and the protesters must stay and continue, and do not delude you that the revolution is a struggle for power."    

Al-Sadr explained, "Reform does not come without sacrifice, and I am fully prepared to testify for reform," noting that "the revolution began as a Sadrist and they are part of the people, and that the revolution will not exclude the corrupt from the Sadrist movement."    

Al-Sadr affirmed, "I have never and will never be satisfied with bloodshed, and most of the people are tired of the entire ruling class."    

Al-Sadr continued, addressing the Iraqis: "They took advantage of my presence to end corruption."    

• Upvote 1

Muhammad Allawi, commenting on Al-Sadr's speech: A golden opportunity for a government of equality

Baghdad - people   

The Iraqi politician, Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, commented, on Wednesday, regarding the recent speech of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.  

Allawi said in a post followed by "Nass" (August 3, 2022), "When Mr. Muqtada al-Sadr withdrew from Parliament with the aim of not closing the doors to the continuation of the political process, unfortunately some people dealt with the matter as if it were a victory for them over the Sadrist movement, al-Sadr gave them a golden opportunity. To form the government on an equal footing, he even presented them to himself for the benefit of the country, but they did not comprehend his goals to achieve the national interest.”  

He added, "They wanted to deal as if they were the victors and al-Sadr and his movement were the losers. What is required in this fateful stage and critical time is that there will be no winner and loser, and there is no solution except by returning to the dialogue table and the common word and coming out with a common vision so that these efforts aim at saving the country from its miserable reality." And Iraq's access to what the Iraqi citizen deserves in terms of progress, development and prosperity."  

The head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, expressed his hope to resolve differences through serious dialogues, after the recent speech of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.  

Al-Maliki said in a tweet followed by "Nass" (August 3, 2022), that "the serious dialogues from which we hope to resolve differences and restore things to their rightful place begin with a return to  the constitution  and respect for constitutional institutions."  

Today, Wednesday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, demanded the dissolution of parliament and the holding of early elections, while at the same time he called on the protesters to continue their sit-in.    

me_ga.php?id=39688  

Sajjad Salem: Friday's demonstrations are 'very important'..there is an audience that wants change

Baghdad - people  

Independent MP, Sajjad Salem, commented on Wednesday about the political crisis the country is going through, while he considered the upcoming Friday demonstrations "very important."  

Salem said, in an interview with colleague Saadoun Mohsen, followed by "Nas" (August 3, 2022), that "the conflict now is not between the framework and the current as much as it is a comprehensive national crisis related to the political system."  

The deputy added, "What is currently happening is a crisis of the regime and constitutional amendments, and there must be real representation in the dialogues and settlement that may take place in the future."  

Salem pointed out that "the current has a specific agenda that it wants to achieve in one way or another," noting that "the coming Friday demonstrations are very important because the equation is not only a trend and a framework, but rather there is an audience willing to change."  

Today, Wednesday, the Sadrist Central Committee issued directives regarding next Friday.  

In a statement received by Nass (August 3, 2022), the committee urged the necessity of "full cooperation with the security services, organizational committees and controls in the coming and going."    

Here is the text of the instructions:    

me_ga.php?id=39680

Al-Khanjar: We support Al-Sadr's speech towards early elections

Baghdad - people   

Today, Wednesday, the head of the "Sovereignty" coalition, Khamis al-Khanjar, announced his support for the contents of the speech of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.  

"We support all sincere efforts to save Iraq and address the state of political stalemate that has disrupted the state and the interests of the people," al-Khanjar said in a blog post followed by "Nass" (August 3, 2022).  

He added, "We announce our support for the contents of the speech of His Eminence Muqtada al-Sadr towards early elections, according to new criteria, machines and fair laws that allow real competition."  

On Wednesday, Iraqi politician Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi commented on the recent speech of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.  

Allawi said in a post followed by "Nass" (August 3, 2022), "When Mr. Muqtada al-Sadr withdrew from Parliament with the aim of not closing the doors to the continuation of the political process, unfortunately some people dealt with the matter as if it were a victory for them over the Sadrist movement, al-Sadr gave them a golden opportunity. To form the government on an equal footing, he even presented them to himself for the benefit of the country, but they did not comprehend his goals to achieve the national interest.”    

He added, "They wanted to deal as if they were the victors and al-Sadr and his movement were the losers. What is required in this fateful stage and critical time is that there will be no winner and loser, and there is no solution except by returning to the dialogue table and the common word and coming out with a common vision so that these efforts aim at saving the country from its miserable reality." And Iraq's access to what the Iraqi citizen deserves in terms of progress, development and prosperity."    

The head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, expressed his hope to resolve differences through serious dialogues, after the recent speech of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.  

Al-Maliki said in a tweet followed by "Nass" (August 3, 2022), that "the serious dialogues from which we hope to resolve differences and restore things to their rightful place begin with a return to  the constitution  and respect for constitutional institutions."  

me_ga.php?id=39688  

Conditional endorsement of 'inclusive dialogue'

Hadi Al-Amiri announces his position on Al-Sadr's call for early elections

2022.08.04 - 01:21
Hadi Al-Amiri announces his position on Al-Sadr's call for early elections

Baghdad - people   

The head of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Hadi al-Amiri, announced his position on the call of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, to hold early elections.  

Al-Amiri said in a press statement, reported by his media office and received by "Nas", after midnight on Wednesday (August 4, 2022), "We support holding early elections called for by His Eminence Muqtada al-Sadr, especially since the previous elections were marred by many suspicions and objections, and this requires A comprehensive national dialogue in order to determine the date, mechanisms and requirements for holding them, and to provide appropriate climates for free, fair and transparent elections that restore citizens' confidence in the political process.  

• Like 1

An "angry" tweet from Ahmed Al-Asadi: The demands to dissolve the popular crowd are back!

Baghdad - people   

The leader in the coordination framework, Ahmed Al-Asadi, responded to what he said were repeated calls to dissolve the Popular Mobilization or to integrate it into the security services.  

Al-Asadi said in a blog post followed by "Nass", after midnight on Wednesday (August 4, 2022), once again we hear some people talking about dissolving the Mujahid Popular Mobilization or integrating it into the security services... They are trying to ignore what the crowd has become as a fulcrum in the system Iraqi national security... and a sign of pride that all honorable people of this dear country are proud of.  

Al-Asadi added, "Say, "Die with your anger."  

me_ga.php?id=39693

Legal expert: There are two ways to constitutionally dissolve parliament... one of them cannot be implemented

Baghdad - people  

On Thursday, legal expert Ali Al-Tamimi identified the constitutional mechanisms for dissolving the Iraqi parliament.  

Al-Tamimi said in a statement to “Nass” (August 4, 2022): “Article 64 of the constitution stipulates that the House of Representatives is dissolved by an absolute majority of its members, i.e. half of the total number plus one, and this is done in two ways. The first is a request by a third of the members, any written request to The Speaker of the House of Representatives is signed by 110 deputies. As for the second method, it is a request from the Prime Minister and with the approval of the President of the Republic.  

He explained, "If we exclude the second method, because the current government is a daily business that did not come from the current parliament, neither it nor the President of the Republic, and therefore neither the Prime Minister nor the President of the Republic has the right to submit the joint application," noting that "this is in accordance with Federal Court decision 121 of 2022. ".  

While the legal expert pointed out that “there remains one way to dissolve the current parliament, which is to dissolve the parliament itself, that is, at the request of a third of the members and the approval of the absolute majority of the number of members, that is, half of the total number plus one.”  

Al-Tamimi indicated that "when voting on the dissolution of the House of Representatives by the absolute majority of its members, the President of the Republic calls for general elections in the country within a maximum period of 60 days from the date of the dissolution, and certainly the Council of Ministers continues to conduct daily affairs until the formation of the new government."  

He also pointed out that "there is no limitation for the term of the caretaker government in the day-to-day affairs in Article 64 of the Constitution regarding the dissolution of the House of Representatives, in contrast to the limitation that came in Article 61, paragraph eight of the Constitution related to the withdrawal of confidence from the Prime Minister, in which the Council of Ministers is considered resigned," explaining that " The period of conducting daily business in it was no more than thirty days until the formation of the new Council of Ministers,” noting that “the reason in the case of dissolving the House of Representatives requires long procedures that cannot be accomplished within 30 days, unlike the case of withdrawal of confidence in which this can be done with the presence of the House of Representatives. The elected representatives and the presence of the voting president of the republic, which does not exist in the event of the dissolution of the House of Representatives.  

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, earlier demanded the dissolution of parliament and the holding of early elections, while at the same time he called on the protesters to continue their sit-in.  

Comment from Faleh al-Fayyad regarding al-Sadr's call for early elections and the dissolution of parliament

Baghdad - people   

The head of the Popular Mobilization Authority, Faleh al-Fayyad, commented, on Thursday, regarding the leader of the Sadrist movement's call to dissolve parliament and hold early elections.  

Al-Fayyad said in press statements followed by "Nass" (August 4, 2022), that "the re-run of the parliamentary elections is no longer an issue for the Sadrist movement," explaining that "the re-run of the parliamentary elections has become related to other components and alliances as well."  

He added that "the coordinating framework has not yet taken its official position on the issue of holding early parliamentary elections," noting that "the presence of masses under the dome of Parliament is not a normal thing, and we are dealing with it as a temporary situation that can be bypassed."  

He pointed out that "the proposals of the leader of the Sadrist movement to resolve the crisis can be discussed to reach common positions on it," noting that "dissolving parliament and holding early elections will be a solution if all blocs and other political parties agree."  

He stressed that "the current government is a caretaker government, and re-elections are not within the powers of the caretaker government," adding, "We will look at proposals to resolve the crisis when they are realistically formulated."  

And he indicated that "the demands for dissolving parliament are a big issue that cannot be accepted when it is raised by one party," stressing that "the system of government in Iraq, according to the constitution, is consensual, and one position cannot be accepted for a specific party."  

He added that "many of the framework forces had previously called for the elections to be repeated, and this is a matter that can be discussed to agree on its details," explaining that "the crowd chose for itself not to be a political party in this crisis once and for all."  

Fayadh said, "The coordination framework praised the prime minister's initiative to resolve the crisis, but it needs the consensus of other parties," adding that "the current government is a caretaker government and does not have the powers to hold re-elections."  

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, earlier demanded the dissolution of parliament and the holding of early elections, while at the same time he called on the protesters to continue their sit-in.  

2022-08-04 10:03

Shafaq News/ Head of the State of Law Coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, said on Wednesday that resolving differences begins with a return to the constitution and respect for constitutional institutions, at a time when the head of the victory coalition Haider al-Abadi announced his welcome and support for the recent speech of the leader of the Sadrist movement.

Al-Maliki said in a tweet seen by Shafak News Agency, "The serious dialogues from which we hope to resolve differences and restore things to their rightful place begin with a return to the constitution and respect for constitutional institutions."

In turn, al-Abadi said, "I welcome what was presented by Brother Muqtada al-Sadr, and it converges in many respects with our initiative to resolve the crisis, and I salute his steps and all the brothers for preserving blood and achieving reform."

Al-Abadi called on everyone to "join hands to serve the people, reform the system and strengthen the constitutional state, and through a healthy and peaceful democratic process."

Earlier today, Tuesday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called for the dissolution of the current parliament and the holding of early elections, which he said he had not yet decided whether or not to run.

With regard to the dialogue initiatives put forward by the various political blocs, Al-Sadr said, "There is no point in having dialogue with them. Dialogue with them has been tried and tested, and nothing will befall the country but ruin and dependence," referring to the forces of the coordinating framework.

He pointed out that "reform does not come without sacrifice, and that he is fully prepared to martyr for reform," adding, "I have never and will not be satisfied with bloodshed, and I will never start with that, and if they do that, reform comes with blood."

He addressed the Iraqis by saying, "They took advantage of my presence to end corruption, and the revolutionaries and the protesters must stay and continue until your demands are achieved."

• Upvote 1

ERBIL — The pro-Iran Shia factions of Coordination Framework are now studying the demands put forward by Muqtada al-Sadr, the leader of the Sadrist Movement, for holding an early election, a lawmaker said. 

MP Aeed al-Hilali, from the Coordination Framework, said the leaders of his alliance are likely to issue a statement on the demands put forward by Sadr in his latest statement. 

Sadr appeared in a televised message on Wednesday to announce that the sit-in by his supporters will continue outside the Iraqi parliament until their demands are met.

Dissolving the current parliament and holding an early election were among the major demands he introduced. 

While reports indicate fractions among the Shia parties of the Coordination Framework, MP Hilali said any decision on Sadr’s call for early elections will be considered the stance of all the parties of the alliance. 

ULAIMANI — Leaders from across the political spectrum in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region have responded to Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr’s demand for early elections and the dissolution of parliament.

Haider al-Abadi, Hadi al-Amiri, Khamis al-Khanjar, Nuri al-Maliki, Fazil Mirani and the Alliance for the People have all made their opinions on the demand known.

The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) Politburo Secretary, Fazil Mirani, said on Thursday (August 4) the dissolution of parliament would not be easy.

He said Sadr had made the wrong decision in making the Sadrist Movement withdraw from parliament.

Mirani said Sadr had two pressure cards, one was parliament, which he has lost. The other was the public, which has led him to demand the disbanding of parliament.

The leader of the Victory Alliance, Haider al-Abadi, said on Wednesday his party supports any side that attempts reform in Iraq.

The leader of the Fatah Alliance, Hadi al-Amiri, also said on Wednesday he supports Sadr’s call for early elections to be held in Iraq.

The leader of the Sunni Muslim al Siyada (Sovereignty) Coalition, Khamis al Khanjar, said in a statement he supports Sadr, adding serious dialogue was needed in order to rescue Iraq from the political deadlock.

Nouri al-Maliki, the leader of the State of Law Coalition, said in a Twitter statement on Wednesday that serious dialogue based on the constitution was necessary to sort out the disagreement in Baghdad.

The Alliance for the People said on Wednesday it was necessary to form an interim government in Baghdad.

The alliance is an opposition group formed last year between the New Generation Movement (NGM), the Imtidad Movement and other independent MPs in the Iraqi parliament. It is led by NGM President Shaswar Abdulwahid.

(NRT Digital Media)

Well Mu_AlSadr, you want real reform & fight corruption within the political system...call for & demand Maliki's arrest and every last one of his traitorous Pro-Iranian criminal politician buddies. 

Ban ALL Pro-Iranian individuals from ever holding public office, let alone run for a Parliamentary seat. Purge baby Purge.

As long as they walk free your precious demand for early elections means NOTHING.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Al-Dami to Dijla: The coordinating framework has reached a conviction that it is not possible to form a government alone

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8
%D9%82%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A9-%D8%AF%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%A9-150x138.jpg
News source / Dijla channel

Al- Dami to Dijla: The coordinating framework has reached a conviction that it is not possible to form a government alone

A new comment by Al-Maliki regarding the early elections

Doc-T-428723-637952431552630910-810x458.
%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%88%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9-150x104.png
News source / Alsumaria channel

The head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, considered, on Thursday, that holding any early elections must take place in accordance with the constitution and national consensus.

Al-Maliki said in a statement, "We reiterate that adherence to the constitutional and legal mechanisms is the only option that spares Iraq the successive crises that inflicted severe damage on the higher interests of the Iraqi people and exposed civil peace to serious dangers."

He added, "Having any early elections must take place in accordance with the constitution and national consensus, in a way that enhances national unity and prevents a repetition of what happened in the previous elections, which witnessed an unprecedented process of manipulation, and we are still suffering from its negative repercussions and effects that caused a serious rupture in the social fabric."

On Saturday (July 30, 2022), demonstrators stormed the Green Zone and then the House of Representatives for the second time within days, after which Ibrahim al-Jabri, the director of the office of Martyr al-Sadr in Baghdad, announced an open sit-in inside Parliament; Rejecting the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.

Then, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called for a radical change of the political system and the constitution, and then called, days later, for early elections after the parliament was dissolved, calling for the sit-in to continue until the demands are achieved.

• Haha 2