Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THE STORM IS UPON US

41 minutes ago, keylime said:

The "understanding" I am talking about goes way beyond a simple picking up the Bible and reading Thou shalt not steal and getting what that says. That is a black and white surface understanding that anyone can have.

What I am talking about is Holy Spirit giving you the "hidden" or deeper meanings" Hidden manna" as it is called in the Book of Revelation, which leads to an unwavering belief in the Word of God and changes you from the inside out. It plants something in you that begins to take hold and becomes organic changing your being and you begin to transform, no longer being the blind carnal man that you were but a spiritual man guided by that very Word, and conforming to the image of that Word, who is Jesus.

As a Holy Spirit filled Child of God when reading the Bible the spiritual connection Adam and Eve lost in the Garden gets reconnected and instead of being soulish and flesh reactive first, you start becoming spirit and Word or Bible reactive. It changes your inner most self and you become what you were meant to be which is connected directly to God, the Creator, hearing His voice, obeying His will, because you want to please Him instead of living for yourself, and pleasing your own flesh. It is a "walk" that you never finish while on this earth but will be completed when you go to be with Jesus and are once and for all the spirit, and soul, with the eternal body that will be you forever.

That transformation begins when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and Holy Spirit enters your heart and you daily determine to give Him the chance to help you live this life as God's child. And one of the ways that you grow and mature as His Child is eating His Word, the Bible, as often as you can so that it may fill you up with it's goodness, wisdom, and power, to transform you from a baby Child of God "drinking milk" the Bible describes the process, to more of a mature Child of God, "eating meat." With a whole different understanding of what you read. 

This process of change comes from Holy Spirit teaching you by giving you that "Understanding" and spiritual insight that you can only get from Him. A person without Holy Spirit reads that same Word and there is no transformation. That seed of the Word does nothing for them. Yes, they may understand a verse or even a passage or Book, but nothing happens inside of them spiritually.

The Word does not get planted in the kind of soil it takes to make it grow and bear the fruit that changes a person from only a carnal soulish man to a Spirit, Soul, and Body man who now has an open connection to God Himself with, as the Bible says, "the Mind of Christ and seated in heavenly places."

Without Holy Spirit you read the Bible understanding it on a surface level, so to speak. You can pick it up, read it and it does nothing for you spiritually. You are not transformed by it. It does not grow inside of you. You put it down and go on your way. It may sound nice and wise, but it doesn't root itself in your being. That can only happen when Holy Spirit is dwelling inside of you and He shows you what you are reading is deeper, and more alive than what you could understand on your own. The Bible says, Holy Spirit leads you into "all truth."

And if you continue pursuing that truth by reading His Word, by asking Him for help, by asking Holy Spirit for knowledge and understanding and wisdom, by living your daily life consciously in communication with Him, talking to Him, listening and learning to recognize His voice and following what He tells you, then you slowly and surely begin to live on a whole other plane of existence. An existence that sees you live where you were designed to live. A life directly connected to God, through His Spirit, that transforms you into all that He means you to be. Which is a child just like His Son, Jesus.

That is the kind of "Understanding" I am talking about.

Well said.  :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, PrehistoricMan said:

Are you telling me that in reality, no one can understand thou shall not steal?  You need some kind of special holy spirit to understand that?  I just asked my brother who is in prison who I dont think has any holy spirit and he understands it just fine.  He chooses not to take the advice at that verse but he understands it.

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying. What you fail to understand is there's much more to it than just not stealing. There's the why and the power to overcome the desire for stealing. As carnal humans we just don't understand and so we steal. 

No we're not espousing an elite club, EVERYONE who wants to truly understand can do so, and I mean EVERYONE. 

Before you set down to read the Bible All you have to do is ask God to show you in the Spirit what it's saying. 

• Pow! 2

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying. What you fail to understand is there's much more to it than just not stealing. There's the why and the power to overcome the desire for stealing. As carnal humans we just don't understand and so we steal. 

No we're not espousing an elite club, EVERYONE who wants to truly understand can do so, and I mean EVERYONE. 

Before you set down to read the Bible All you have to do is ask God to show you in the Spirit what it's saying. 

I disagree in that it is not an elite club. It is an elite club but thankfully one as you pointed out, anyone can join no matter who they are are where they are in life.

A person who believes in Jesus, filled with Holy Spirit, is in an elite club for lack of a better term, that gives one an advantage in this life that an unbeliever doesn't have which is a direct spiritual connection to the Creator. 

The unbeliever cannot see it nor live it. 

Reading the Bible and living as a born again believer filled with Holy Spirit compared to an unbeliever is comparable to a 5 year old knowing 2 plus 2 is 4 and a rocket scientist being able to build a machine that can go to the moon. Both acknowledge 2 plus 2 is 4 but that's where the similarity ends 

So reading the Bible with Holy Spirit and without Holy Spirit is like swimming in a backyard pool and scuba diving in the ocean. Both are swimming but one is like swimming in a different world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1