Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi PM says formation of new gov''t is near completion

gemini305

http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesPublicSite/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2104973&Language=en

Politics 8/6/2010 10:44:00 PM

BAGHDAD, Aug 6 (KUNA) -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki said on Friday that the formation of the upcoming government is near completion, noting that such cabinet will be based on national partnership and not based on bilateral agreements.

Al-Maliki made his remarks in a joint press conference with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, after holding a meeting discussing latest developments on the political front and the formation of the upcoming government with parties involved.

Al-Maliki added that all parties involved expressed the need to form the new government as soon as possible which in turn will benefit Iraqi citizens, noting that efforts exerted in the days followed the March 7 election have been transformed into the era of the new government.

"There were dual and trilateral meeting, I think we have reached the final phase, because we're now talking about a national reconciliation agenda," Al-Maliki said, adding that "reconciliation means that all are exerting efforts toward one plan, which will include the presidential, prime minister, and Parliament Speaker candidates." The Iraqi government leader said there are other consultations that are taken place, but in relations to reforms needed for the benefit of the state, like the states' institutes, security, economy, and political fields.

Al-Maliki also expressed optimism regarding all consultations, noting that national reconciliation is the way to go for the future. (end) ahh.mb KUNA 062244 Aug 10NNNN

• Upvote 9

http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesPublicSite/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2104973&Language=en

Politics 8/6/2010 10:44:00 PM

BAGHDAD, Aug 6 (KUNA) -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki said on Friday that the formation of the upcoming government is near completion, noting that such cabinet will be based on national partnership and not based on bilateral agreements.

Al-Maliki made his remarks in a joint press conference with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, after holding a meeting discussing latest developments on the political front and the formation of the upcoming government with parties involved.

Al-Maliki added that all parties involved expressed the need to form the new government as soon as possible which in turn will benefit Iraqi citizens, noting that efforts exerted in the days followed the March 7 election have been transformed into the era of the new government.

"There were dual and trilateral meeting, I think we have reached the final phase, because we're now talking about a national reconciliation agenda," Al-Maliki said, adding that "reconciliation means that all are exerting efforts toward one plan, which will include the presidential, prime minister, and Parliament Speaker candidates." The Iraqi government leader said there are other consultations that are taken place, but in relations to reforms needed for the benefit of the state, like the states' institutes, security, economy, and political fields.

Al-Maliki also expressed optimism regarding all consultations, noting that national reconciliation is the way to go for the future. (end) ahh.mb KUNA 062244 Aug 10NNNN

well there ya have it.

Was Maliki given the nod to form the next Govt? Where was I?

Exactly ... what did I miss ... the last 2 days have been a bunch of pro Allawi articles and one pro al-Maliki unlike the last 4 months of balanced propaganda (12 for al-Maliki and 12 for Allawi)

Now he's got it in hand? Really? Doesn't pass the smell test to me!

Don't get me wrong ... I don't care who gets it done as long as it gets done ... soon would be nice!

Peace

Thanks for the post

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 2