Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

American Health Care Act, rough draft

Below is an outline, and then a link at the end, or the republicans answer to Ocrappy Care....  DM

Obamacare is hurting more people than it is helping, forcing Americans to buy insurance they don’t like, don’t need, and cannot afford. 

Premiums have increased by an average of 25 percent this year. 

Nearly 1/3 of all U.S. counties have only one insurer offering plans on their state’s exchange. 

34 percent fewer doctors and other health care providers accept Obamacare insurance compared to private insurance. 

President Trump called on Congress to “act decisively” to rescue Americans from this failing law, and House Republicans are answering his call. 

More than eight months ago, we outlined our vision for repealing and replacing Obamacare in A Better Way. Since then, we have been talking with our constituents and colleagues about how to turn these solutions into policies that will improve lives. 

Now, House Republicans are moving forward with fiscally responsible legislation to deliver relief from Obamacare’s taxes and mandates and lay the groundwork for a 21st century health care system. 

Specifically, the primary Committees with jurisdiction over health care—Ways and Means and Energy and Commerce—have released legislation that not only repeals the law, but replaces it with reforms President Trump laid out. 

Taken together, here’s what our combined legislation will do: 

DELIVER RELIEF

Dismantles the Obamacare taxes that have hurt job creators, increased premium costs, and limited options for patients and health care providers—including taxes on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, health-insurance premiums, and medical devices.

Eliminate the individual and employer mandate penalties, which forced millions of workers, families, and job creators into expensive, inadequate Obamacare plans that they don’t want and cannot afford. 

PRESERVE VITAL PATIENT PROTECTIONS 

Prohibit health insurers from denying coverage or charging more money to patients based on pre-existing conditions. 

Help young adults access health insurance and stabilize the marketplace by allowing dependents to continue staying on their parents’ plan until they are 26. 

ADVANCE 21ST CENTURY REFORMS PROPOSED BY PRESIDENT TRUMP 

Establish a Patient and State Stability Fund, which provides states with $100 billion to design programs that meet the unique needs of their patient populations and help low-income Americans afford health care.

Modernize and strengthen Medicaid by transitioning to a “per capita allotment” so states can better serve the patients most in need.

Empower individuals and families to spend their health care dollars the way they want and need by enhancing and expanding Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)—nearly doubling the amount of money people can contribute and broadening how people can use it.

Help Americans access affordable, quality health care by providing a monthly tax credit—between $2,000 and $14,000 a year—for low- and middle-income individuals and families who don’t receive insurance through work or a government program. 

Open download link in new tab;

Download

• Upvote 1

Paul Ryan, is a lying POS that should be fired, tarred And feathered then run The heck outta America. If Trump makes this a law then I say we give everyone in Washington what Loretta Lynch wants. I am sick and tired of this holier-than-thou double talk out of both sides of their head crap. There is almost no difference between this and ObamaCare. That the only issue here is how stupid are the people in Washington to think that we don't know the difference.

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Paul Ryan, is a lying POS that should be fired, tarred And feathered then run The heck outta America. If Trump makes this a law then I say we give everyone in Washington what Loretta Lynch wants. I am sick and tired of this holier-than-thou double talk out of both sides of their head crap. There is almost no difference between this and ObamaCare. That the only issue here is how stupid are the people in Washington to think that we don't know the difference.

I have to agree 100%

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As long as taxpayers are on the hook for over $100,000,000,000 (I say over because everything in Washington costs more than Congress says it will), and $2,000-$14,000 tax credits going to millions of people, we still have Obamacare.  It will be like social security in that it will always need “saving” because it is an unsustainable system.  Rather than doing the right thing, the polytics are pandering to the masses in order to keep their own taxpayer financed healthcare.

• Upvote 3

House Republicans reveal bill to repeal and replace Obama's healthcare law

American Health Care Act would shrink government role in healthcare and could leave more people without insurance despite Trump administration promises

Jessica Glenza in New York and Ben Jacobs in Washington

Tuesday 7 March 2017 01.06 GMT

4500.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=08bf71afe788994f2bd0098036690131
‘Working together, this unified Republican government will deliver relief and peace of mind to the millions of Americans suffering under Obamacare,’ Paul Ryan said despite health advocates’ criticism of bill.
Photograph: J Scott Applewhite/AP

3100.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=712f8e8ac3873cdc5d793364034795b1
A protest outside Trump International Hotel and Tower against changes to the US healthcare system.
Photograph: Eric/PacificPress/BarcroftImages

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/06/house-republicans-healthcare-law-bill-obamacare-repeal

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Obamacare-lite? Republicans' bill to replace Affordable Care Act explained

How does the plan differ from Obamacare, will the proposals leave millions of Americans without health cover and will it pass?

Matthew Weaver

Tuesday 7 March 2017 12.52 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/07/obamacare-lite-republicans-bill-to-replace-affordable-care-act-explained

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

The buck stops with Trump.....that's how it works, or at least that's how it was perceived to work in the PAST.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

34 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

A few revisions to the ACA and a name change, Trumpcare.  Yep.....The GOP built that, in just a shade under a decade, I might add.  <_<

GO RV, then BV

I find it quite revealing that you are so adamant to pin Obamacare on the Republicans.  Pretty sure if it was the panacea it was portrayed to be, you would not want to give the other side credit.  It is obvious that you know it is and will be destined to fail and you are looking to shift blame form the actual perpetrators of this heinous program.  I have said numerous times that Obamacare will never go away, it will just be tweaked and twerked just like Social Security, except Obummercare will be an even bigger monstrosity than SS.

So by your logic, FDR is no longer on the hook for Social Security since most every President since FDR had to sign a new law to “save” it.  To be consistent, if you are shifting the blame from Obummer for Obummercare, you must then shift the blame of Social Security to Obummer since he signed the latest “fix” in 2015.  Forgive me, my bad, consistency has never really been your strong suit when discussing politics.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, RV ME said:

I find it quite revealing that you are so adamant to pin Obamacare on the Republicans.  Pretty sure if it was the panacea it was portrayed to be, you would not want to give the other side credit.  It is obvious that you know it is and will be destined to fail and you are looking to shift blame form the actual perpetrators of this heinous program.  I have said numerous times that Obamacare will never go away, it will just be tweaked and twerked just like Social Security, except Obummercare will be an even bigger monstrosity than SS.

So by your logic, FDR is no longer on the hook for Social Security since most every President since FDR had to sign a new law to “save” it.  To be consistent, if you are shifting the blame from Obummer for Obummercare, you must then shift the blame of Social Security to Obummer since he signed the latest “fix” in 2015.  Forgive me, my bad, consistency has never really been your strong suit when discussing politics.

You do know the definition of "repeal", right?  :blink:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

You do know the definition of "repeal", right?  :blink:

GO RV, then BV

I was going to argue the semantics of “repealing” a law but continuing the majority of what was repealed, but after hearing Trump say that this was his bill that point is moot.  I was wrong and you are correct that Trump will own this (if it passes).  I still believe it is the wrong way to go and that Trump has made a mistake endorsing the Ryan bill.

I do not believe that the government has any business being involved in any citizens insurance either by subsidizing one or taxing one to pay for another’s.  I remember back to something I heard Thomas Sowell respond with during the question and answer session of one of his lectures.  When questioned about the fairness of the welfare state, he responded with another question; “By what right?  By what right do you justify taking from one person and giving to another?”  For the next 30 minutes there were responses, but the question was never actually answered.  All of the responses were based on emotional appeals, but never addressed the question based on an actual Constitutional right.  THAT is my principle disagreement with the government being involved in healthcare.  Perhaps you, or anybody who does believe this is the correct role of the government can answer Dr. Sowell’s question, by what right?

My best hope now is that there will be enough conservatives in the house that when added to all the Democrats voting against this bill, will have the numbers to defeat it.  Strange bedfellows I know, but that’s politicks.

Lastly, let the record show I do not blindly endorse what Trump does and I will call him out when I disagree.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, RV ME said:

I still believe it is the wrong way to go and that Trump has made a mistake endorsing the Ryan bill.

In all fairness to President Trump I heard a snippet on the news where Trump stated, " that the bill was a good start and that it would be changed a little", he has also endorsed the amendment process that is to come. It is possible that the,"good start", he's talking about is the very fact that they are now working on a bill. Let us not forget who is telling us that President Trump likes what is in this bill, shall I say LSM.   Now when  you take what we know of President Trumps nature it's not too far a stretch here to think that he is doing what he always does and giving them a chance to work it out without throwing himself into the public display of disunity and family infighting that the likes of Paul Ryan and Butthead McCain have intentionally threw the entire party into.  I am going to back off and see what happens if for no other reason than President  Trump thus far has not gone back on his word to us in any way and therefore I see no reason to think he will now. Not to mention I totally believe that he understands what we, "The People", expect of him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

In all fairness to President Trump I heard a snippet on the news where Trump stated, " that the bill was a good start and that it would be changed a little", he has also endorsed the amendment process that is to come. It is possible that the,"good start", he's talking about is the very fact that they are now working on a bill. Let us not forget who is telling us that President Trump likes what is in this bill, shall I say LSM.   Now when  you take what we know of President Trumps nature it's not too far a stretch here to think that he is doing what he always does and giving them a chance to work it out without throwing himself into the public display of disunity and family infighting that the likes of Paul Ryan and Butthead McCain have intentionally threw the entire party into.  I am going to back off and see what happens if for no other reason than President  Trump thus far has not gone back on his word to us in any way and therefore I see no reason to think he will now. Not to mention I totally believe that he understands what we, "The People", expect of him. 

I saw an interview with Ryan last night where he discussed his plan, and where he inadvertently revealed the flaw in his plan (could not find it on the web this morning though).  Again, for the life of me I can not see how his plan fits into any definition of the word repeal.

Ryan said that the “repeal” would be a 4 step process with the first step being done through the budget reconciliation process.  He went on to state that this was all they could get passed through Congress at this time because they would only need 51 votes to pass it in the Senate because of the “trick” of using the budget reconciliation process (FYI, this was the same “trick” the Dems used to pass Obummercare in the first place).  The following three steps (that it will take to actually repeal Obummercare) would come at a later, undefined, date.

My problem with the Ryan plan is that he is full of :bs:.  Knowing that Congress has already sent multiple real repeal bills to the President (that were all vetoed by Obummer), I have no idea why he would now say that step 1 is all he can get through Congress.  Couple that with the lifetime experience of knowing how the professional politicks work, I have no expectation that steps 2-4 will ever see the light of day.  Does anyone really believe it will be easier to fully repeal the existing law and replace it by fighting this battle three more times?  If so, please explain it to me. 

I believe that Trump wants to show that he can get things done and will sign whatever Congress sends him if it claims to be a repeal of Obummercare.  But the devil is in the details and as I see it, this is like getting someone off heroin by replacing it with methadone and calling it a successful drug intervention because the person is not on heroin anymore.  Pay no attention that the person is still addicted, though not to heroin anymore.  Any law that continues to feed the addiction to federal "entitlements" can never be a success in my book. :twocents:

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RV ME said:

I was going to argue the semantics of “repealing” a law but continuing the majority of what was repealed, but after hearing Trump say that this was his bill that point is moot.  I was wrong and you are correct that Trump will own this (if it passes).  I still believe it is the wrong way to go and that Trump has made a mistake endorsing the Ryan bill.

I do not believe that the government has any business being involved in any citizens insurance either by subsidizing one or taxing one to pay for another’s.  I remember back to something I heard Thomas Sowell respond with during the question and answer session of one of his lectures.  When questioned about the fairness of the welfare state, he responded with another question; “By what right?  By what right do you justify taking from one person and giving to another?”  For the next 30 minutes there were responses, but the question was never actually answered.  All of the responses were based on emotional appeals, but never addressed the question based on an actual Constitutional right.  THAT is my principle disagreement with the government being involved in healthcare.  Perhaps you, or anybody who does believe this is the correct role of the government can answer Dr. Sowell’s question, by what right?

My best hope now is that there will be enough conservatives in the house that when added to all the Democrats voting against this bill, will have the numbers to defeat it.  Strange bedfellows I know, but that’s politicks.

Lastly, let the record show I do not blindly endorse what Trump does and I will call him out when I disagree.

Agreed, mostly.  As to Dr. Sowell's question....I don't believe there is a right.  But I do believe as humans, as brothers, as Christians, giving to the less fortunate is the right thing to do.  And sometimes enabling just happens to be a sour byproduct of a good deed.  That's a matter between the recipient and God.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Agreed, mostly.  As to Dr. Sowell's question....I don't believe there is a right.  But I do believe as humans, as brothers, as Christians, giving to the less fortunate is the right thing to do.  And sometimes enabling just happens to be a sour byproduct of a good deed.  That's a matter between the recipient and God.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

I can assure you that giving to the less fortunate is not something I have a problem with whatsoever. However giving to the government is not giving to the less fortunate. The government steals from everyone and keeps most of it for themselves what they don't keep they spend on people so they can earn votes this is not giving we're giving is needed this is buying votes.

Trump wants to show that he can get things done and will sign whatever Congress sends him if it claims to be a repeal of Obummercare.  

If  he signs anything and it doesn't give the American people what they sent him there to do I would not want to be in his shoes.

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Who did you blame?  B)

GO RV, then BV

There comes a point in every Presidency in which you have to stop blaming your predecessor. I blamed Obummer and Pehosi and Dirty Harry. Harry was instrumental in blocking legislation from hitting the floor of the senate. Oh don't forget the snowflakes, too!

Edited by Theseus

9 minutes ago, Theseus said:

There comes a point in every Presidency in which you have to stop blaming your predecessor. I blamed Obummer and Pehosi and Dirty Harry. Harry was instrumental in blocking legislation from hitting the floor of the senate. Oh don't forget the snowflakes, too!

So then it only stands to reason that Trump will in turn be blamed.......See, that was easy.  :D

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2