Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Republican Legislators Propose a Series of Bills That Would Criminalize Peaceful Protests

The "fear" is on YOUR LEFTY SIDE -- NOT OURS.

Didn't you listen to your own stricken, terrified womens march tools...?  :P 

You're all acting up and acting out... WE'RE FINALLY PUSHING BACK.

We've had enough of your FAKE self-victimaztion you try to blame US for...

And we're calling you out !

And that's COURAGE against your  FALSE NARRATIVE of having to act out VIOLENTLY because you're ALL SO AFRAID of US !

:bs:

Ya'll built that -- NOW OWN IT and quit trying to turn it around and spin it back on US like your alinski handbook tells you to.

:jester: PATHETIC ! :jester:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

The "fear" is on YOUR LEFTY SIDE -- NOT OURS.

Didn't you listen to your own stricken, terrified womens march tools...?  :P 

You're all acting up and acting out... WE'RE FINALLY PUSHING BACK.

We've had enough of your FAKE self-victimaztion you try to blame US for...

And we're calling you out !

And that's COURAGE against your  FALSE NARRATIVE of having to act out VIOLENTLY because you're ALL SO AFRAID of US !

:bs:

Ya'll built that -- NOW OWN IT and quit trying to turn it around and spin it back on US like your alinski handbook tells you to.

:jester: PATHETIC ! :jester:

You sound like those who were apposed to The Boston Tea Party. It was striking out against the government. It was destruction of property. It was breaking the law. It was not supported by the majority.

Had they posted their thoughts here before heading to Boston Harbor, they would have been negged!!! LOL

https://www.bostonteapartyship.com/video/reactions-to-the-boston-tea-party

25 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Jax, perhaps you didn't read my post above with the reaction to the election in 2008. Real news. Real people. Real sad. It is both sides of the equation. I just don't like government growing more and more into our daily lives. As for a solution? What they did last week. Arrest those who are out of hand.

Is this really a big problem. What, were there 1/2 million people marching and 200 arrested? I think it was handled well. Do you want your congressman to add to this system that seemed to work?

How about posting here. What if someone with a thin skin decided that there was too much bullying here, do we want them to legislate what we can or cannot say because some mamby pamby person is offended? That will be next. They will want to make sure we all get along.

Again, I'm talking less government and it appears people here are in favor of more government control. Did I just step into Bizzaro Land?

B/A

P.S.

I have to ask. Are people really living in the type of fear I see here on a daily basis? In a protest march of 4 or 500,000 people and 200 get out of hand, is this reason to be fearful? I just don't see it. Do we want law enforcement standing on every corner to be sure one person doesn't get crazy. Maybe some people want that kind of lack of freedom. I'm not one of them. To live in a free society, comes with some risk, otherwise we are not free.

I'm with you concerning the involvement of "more government"... and I think most people here agree, that's why I was focusing on a different narrative.

Define the parameters and boundaries better.  Arrest those in violation of that, as well as existing criminal laws.  200 people is way too many for me.... the same as ONE is too many.  It's not a numbers game, to be minimized or rationalized.  That ONE person (or 200) could affect the lives of ONE other, or MANY others.  

And to further that perspective... just look at Ferguson.  You may want to marginalize the actions and effects of such... but zero tolerance is the answer.  I'm sure those Individuals and Business Owners alone who were harmed... would agree.  What about them?  Sacrificial collateral innocents?

Are people living in "fear"?  Absolutely!  Just as I expressed above.  If you can't connect the dots of evil and its intentions... that's on you.  But to minimize and marginalize the legitimate concerns of others... is just naive, and perhaps even self-centered.  I know you mean more concern for "physical" fear... but it's all connected, and shouldn't be dismissed.  I. for one, have to address my own Constitutional self-preservation on a daily basis.  That's fear generated.  Perhaps many others don't.  Good for them... but I don't have that luxury.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

You sound like those who were apposed to The Boston Tea Party. It was striking out against the government. It was destruction of property. It was breaking the law. It was not supported by the majority.

Had they posted their thoughts here before heading to Boston Harbor, they would have been negged!!! LOL

https://www.bostonteapartyship.com/video/reactions-to-the-boston-tea-party

Respectfully B/A... that makes no sense, and is out of context.  The Boston Tea Party (and other revolts) were the beginnings of a revolution against an oppressive foreign government!  Oh, and by the way... they were "negged"... by many who didn't agree with them, or even opposed them.  Ahhhh.... the Free Market of Thoughts and Ideas!  The "net result" of that marketplace is that matters most.  Enter it bravely... or cower in contempt of it.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Respectfully B/A... that makes no sense, and is out of context.  The Boston Tea Party (and other revolts) were the beginnings of a revolution against an oppressive foreign government!  Oh, and by the way... they were "negged"... by many who didn't agree with them, or even opposed them.  Ahhhh.... the Free Market of Thoughts and Ideas!  The "net result" of that marketplace is that matters most.  Enter it bravely... or cower in contempt of it.

Yup they were negged in their day. I think mentioned it wasn't supported by the majority. It was the minorities opinion they were living under an oppressive government at the time. And perhaps that is what we see today. A minority who feels oppressed and feels as though they need to strike out. I am not advocating their actions, just trying to understand it.

I'm no expert, so I have to guess that most revolutions start with a few brave people willing to sacrifice for their belief. Many call President Trump's win the beginning of a revolution to take back their country. The end result obviously remains to be seen.

I find it unfortunate that as far as we have come as a society, we still find room for hate. You read the postings here, most are good discussions with the ability to agree to disagree. But then we see those who have not evolved and resort to primal emotions that go untethered.

I enjoy my time here and most of the conversations are both interesting and rewarding. It is the blind eye that is hardest to deal with from those who simply spew disregard, disrespect and simple hate for things they do not like or even understand.

Jax, as always thanks for your honest opinions and respectful conversation.

B/A

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, bostonangler said:

There were many protests for the women's march on Saturday, including my town where there were no issues or arrests. I personally am not sure of what the point was, but most of the time people do assemble peaceably. Surely you don't want to lose your right to protest? That would be un-American.

B/A

I protested on November 8th. Other than that I work for a living and have no time for such silliness. If I find the need to protest other then during an election you will not like the results.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Yup they were negged in their day. I think mentioned it wasn't supported by the majority. It was the minorities opinion they were living under an oppressive government at the time. And perhaps that is what we see today. A minority who feels oppressed and feels as though they need to strike out. I am not advocating their actions, just trying to understand it.

I'm no expert, so I have to guess that most revolutions start with a few brave people willing to sacrifice for their belief. Many call President Trump's win the beginning of a revolution to take back their country. The end result obviously remains to be seen.

I find it unfortunate that as far as we have come as a society, we still find room for hate. You read the postings here, most are good discussions with the ability to agree to disagree. But then we see those who have not evolved and resort to primal emotions that go untethered.

I enjoy my time here and most of the conversations are both interesting and rewarding. It is the blind eye that is hardest to deal with from those who simply spew disregard, disrespect and simple hate for things they do not like or even understand.

Jax, as always thanks for your honest opinions and respectful conversation.

B/A

Just remember B/A... it is an Individual's moral right, and perhaps imperative, to "hate" (your word) with enthusiasm and vigor, what is deemed evil to them... especially in the vein of clarity, protection, survival, and self-preservation.  In that preference... my hate is totally validated.

I hate the misuse of the word "hate".  There ya go!  I prefer to express with "preference".  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Nah, I'm all for peaceful assembly. I'm not into disrespect. The point to this thread is the pot calling the kettle black. Most protests are peaceful.

B/A

Not sure why the OP is about your party curtailing constitutional rights if the point of the thread was supposed to be the pot calling the kettle black.  And speaking of amnesia, it appears that you are once again mis-remembering.  You claim that most protests are peaceful, but you must have forgotten the rioting and assaults on Trump rally goers in Chicago, Phoenix, San Jose, Portland and other cities just last fall.  It is possible I forgot about the Republicans rioting like this in 2008 towards Obummer and his supporters, but doubtful.  If so, perhaps you can refresh my memory.

• Upvote 2

RV, good to see you.

4 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Yup we live in The United States of Amnesia..... Or was it okay then but not now? I'm just asking. This isn't against Trump. It's a reminder that it is a two way street. Were the actions and protests and hanging of effigies of Obama okay? Would it be okay to hang effigies of President Trump? Or does it sicken you to read how people acted in 2008

Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters

By Kimberly Mehlman-Orozco, contributor - 11/12/16 07:27 PM EST 

Today, thousands of people assembled in streets around the world to protest the presidency of Donald J. Trump for the fourth straight day in a row.

While the vast majority of the protests have been peaceful, spurts of violence have drawn the attention of the media. Reports of protesters throwing rocks and bottles at police in Santa Ana, stories of property destruction in Oregon, and a video of a physical attack against a Trump supporter in Chicago are a few examples of the recorded violent reactions to Trump’s election.

Trump’s supporters also perceive these protests as “unfair” because they claim there were no riots following Obama’s election.

According to conservatives on social media, “Republicans have jobs and responsibilities” and therefore couldn’t engage in civil disobedience to voice their discontent with the 2008 and 2012 elections. With this perception of the Obama elections and subsequent claims of “ Republican acceptance,” Trump supporters are now demanding the same “fairness” for Donald J. Trump’s presidency, “We sat through do nothing politics for 8 years, the least they can do is go shut up and sit in the corner for 8 themselves,” on Trump supporter explained.

However, these perceptions do not reflect what actually followed the election of our country’s first black president, much less the difference between why people are protesting

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.

Kaylon Johnson, an African American campaign worker for Obama, was physically assaulted for wearing an Obama T-shirt in Louisiana following the 2008 election. The three white male attackers shouted “**** Obama!” and “****** president!” as they broke Johnson’s nose and fractured his eye-socket, requiring surgery.

More frequently, Obama’s presidency was marked by effigies of our first black president hanging from nooses across the country, for example in Kentucky, Washington State, and Maine, or being burned around the world. What Trump supporters fail to remember is that following Obama’s election, property was destroyed across the country, for example in Pennsylvania, Texas, and North Carolina, and a predominately black church was torched in Massachusetts.

In 2008, anti-Obama protesters lashed out against minorities because of their discontentment with a black man being voted into the office of president for the first time in our nation’s history. Conversely, in 2016, anti-Trump protesters are holding mostly peaceful demonstrations because of their discontentment with a man, who has ostracized minorities, being voted into the office of president.

And while anti-Trump protesters have engaged in mostly peaceful demonstrations against the president-elect, pro-Trump supporters have been responsible for a wave of attacks against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community.

According to Mark Potok, senior fellow at the Southern Poverty Law Center civil rights group, there haven’t been “such a rash of hate crimes in the United States since Barack Obama was elected America’s first black president in 2008.” Muslim women are reporting having their hijabs ripped from their heads, while immigrant children are being bullied. Trump’s name and slogan, “Make America Great Again,” are being found alongside swastikas and anti-minority messages in graffiti around the nation.

Ultimately, demonstrators are not protesting Trump because he is Republican. They aren’t protesting him because he is a white male. These protests are because of the bigotry his campaign has emboldened and the fear of discrimination his presidency has the capacity to perpetuate. 

Mehlman-Orozco holds a Ph.D. in criminology, law and society from George Mason University, with an expertise in human trafficking. She currently serves as a human trafficking expert witness for criminal cases and her book, “Hidden in Plain Sight: America's Slaves of the New Millennium.” Follow her on Twitter @MehlmanOrozco 

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/305749-republicans-employ-double-standard-to-discredit

B/A

7 minutes ago, RV ME said:

Not sure why the OP is about your party curtailing constitutional rights if the point of the thread was supposed to be the pot calling the kettle black.  And speaking of amnesia, it appears that you are once again mis-remembering.  You claim that most protests are peaceful, but you must have forgotten the rioting and assaults on Trump rally goers in Chicago, Phoenix, San Jose, Portland and other cities just last fall.  It is possible I forgot about the Republicans rioting like this in 2008 towards Obummer and his supporters, but doubtful.  If so, perhaps you can refresh my memory.

3 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Just remember B/A... it is an Individual's moral right, and perhaps imperative, to "hate" (your word) with enthusiasm and vigor, what is deemed evil to them... especially in the vein of clarity, protection, survival, and self-preservation.  In that preference... my hate is totally validated.

I hate the misuse of the word "hate".  There ya go!  I prefer to express with "preference".  

And I'm finding it difficult not to express my hate with a little more force. It's time we do what we used to do and put the insane in an institution. 

2 hours ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

You re-posted a discredited article...? :huh:

OMG ! :lol:

Is there no end to your brass ones...? :P  Holy smokes !

WOW !  :lmao:  Now we really WILL never take you seriously again !

:jester:Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!:jester:

I quit taking him serious when he made it clear that the only thing that motivated him was his stock options. Because anyone so shallow as to think that what Obutface did to this nation was good simply because his 401k did well in a market where Obutface illegally shored it up by poring 4 trillion dollars into it is simply evil. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I quit taking him serious when he made it clear that the only thing that motivated him was his stock options. Because anyone so shallow as to think that what Obutface did to this nation was good simply because his 401k did well in a market where Obutface illegally shored it up by poring 4 trillion dollars into it is simply evil. 

LGD, I said this before, I do believe he is a she.  I based my conclusion on some conversations I read between BA and the one whose name shall not be mentioned on the pre-updated DV site when you could have conversations on your profile page.  I am now more convinced of it than ever based on this OP.  Not because of the subject matter, mind you, but has there ever been a man on DV that posted an article from Cosmo?  Pretty sure even someone that likes to lean both ways like Shabs isn’t visiting Cosmo’s website, but I could be wrong.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RV ME said:

LGD, I said this before, I do believe he is a she.  I based my conclusion on some conversations I read between BA and the one whose name shall not be mentioned on the pre-updated DV site when you could have conversations on your profile page.  I am now more convinced of it than ever based on this OP.  Not because of the subject matter, mind you, but has there ever been a man on DV that posted an article from Cosmo?  Pretty sure even someone that likes to lean both ways like Shabs isn’t visiting Cosmo’s website, but I could be wrong.

OMG,  I so missed that. :lol: I didn't even know what Cosmos was, I had to look it up. But then again I am a big Burly looking truck driving motorcycle riding kind of  dude.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, RV ME said:

Hey, leave me out of it.  But for your information, I don't read Cosmo....just as I suspect many don't read and comprehend the Good Book as much as they say they do.  :(

GO RV, then BV

8 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Hey, leave me out of it.  But for your information, I don't read Cosmo....just as I suspect many don't read and comprehend the Good Book as much as they say they do.  :(

GO RV, then BV

Talk about leaving someone out of it. I read my Bible everyday. So I suppose you think that being a Christian means I have to put my brain on hold and agree with everything that everyone says. Well that's just not how it works first and foremost before I am a Christian I am a sinner! I take great pride in being a sinner, because that is why I need Jesus Christ more than anything else in my life. Do not expect me to be a perfect person, do not expect me to always say the right thing. Only expect me to grow each and everyday to be a better person.

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Talk about leaving someone out of it. I read my Bible everyday. So I suppose you think that being a Christian means I have to put my brain on hold and agree with everything that everyone says. Well that's just not how it works first and foremost before I am a Christian I am a sinner! I take great pride in being a sinner, because that is why I need Jesus Christ more than anything else in my life. Do not expect me to be a perfect person, do not expect me to always say the right thing. Only expect me to grow each and everyday to be a better person.

I stopped expecting anything from people long ago.....the tendency for them to let me down was just to great. 

GO RV, then BV

16 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

And I'm finding it difficult not to express my hate with a little more force. It's time we do what we used to do and put the insane in an institution. 

So sad.. You preach the gospel while you demonstrate your constant distain for your fellow man,

Even more incredulous, is your false perception of yourself. You call me shallow because I'm concerned with my investments and building a future for my family, yet you come here everyday to what, post your opinions on world events? No, you are here everyday because you are concerned with your investment in Dinar. Does that make you shallow?

And perhaps you should read Cosmo more often. It gives great insight to what a woman wants for her man. Or do you know everything about a woman and her desires too?

And I can't help it but when I see you on your bike, I picture you on a Vespa or some other cheesy rice burner... LOL

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Amen,,LGD

• Upvote 1