Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Developing: 3 Shot dead in FT Lauderdale Airport

Theseus

7 minutes ago, Theseus said:

First, most airports are gun-free zones. Not going to get return fire when the people have no guns. However it was said when the gunman went to reload, the authorities with guns let him have it.

Don't need a gun to tackle a guy from behind and try to disarm him.... it's been done before.

Second, I am speculating here, this might be tied to immigration and Trump or tied to radical Islam. The name suggests the first. It is still too early to answer this question. I will say this, whatever the excuse they will say the gunman was mentally ill. It seems to be the escape goat excuse as the go to answer. I disagree with this answer with many.

If he had a US military ID, he had no beef with Trump.

NBC 6 reporting saying something going on right now. (3:21PM) Numerous law enforcement on scene guns drawn searching for 2nd gunman.

We now know, no 2nd gunman. Thank God.

NBC reporting moving people on tarmac over to hangar. Inside airport, one of the restaurant has people barricaded inside whom are not letting the police to come in due to being so frightened they don't feel safe to come out.

Can't blame 'em ! Horrific !

FAA reports ground stop to FLL at this time this is country wide. All flights nationally and internationally are being diverted to Miami.

He used his Military ID to check his unloaded weapon through baggage.

Once he got his bag at the other end,  he got out his gun and stood there in his Star Wars T-Shirt shooting people in the head.

7 minutes ago, Theseus said:

• Upvote 1

Press conference (3:27PM)

Broward Sheriff Office

• Before 1PM active shooter in Term 1 in baggage area.
  • 5 people dead. 8 people injured. 13 total shot.
  • No victim info at this time. 
  • Victims in hospital - no info at this time.
  • No movement in or about airport as scene is considered fluid and active.
  • Shooter in custody, no law enforcement fired shots, unharmed.
  • No confirmation of shooting at any other place than Terminal 2
  • Someone injured evacuating in terminal 1
  • No confirmation on any gunshots other than terminal 2
  • Second arrest could be a plethora of things. No info on the arrest reason.
  • No suspect info being released.
  • No comment on the gun used.
  • Subject arrested without incident
  • Very beginning of investigation stages, if terrorist related activities investigation will be handed over to FBI
  • @browardsheriff for twitter info updates
  • Suspect is suspected to act alone.
  • Parking garage - LEO clearing entire airport working hard and diligently - terminal by terminal
  • FLL one of fastest growing in country and were very full at time handle between 80 and 100K passengers
  • Everyone at terminal are sheltered in place, passengers have not been allowed to disembark
  • No estimation on how many people in the airport
  • @FLLFlyer for info on passengers
  • Shooter apprehended by Broward Sheriff deputy without incident, in custody and being interviewed both by Broward Sheriff and FBI.
  • No gunshot anywhere other than in Terminal 1
  • Can't say no viable threat beyond 1st shooter until they believe the airport is safe.

Mark Gale - Airport Director

• Suspended all operations
  • All passengers and people sheltered in place.
  • Go step by step methodically through building.
  • Hotline will be set up
  • No info to be released on 

FBI 

Support Broward Sheriff.

Edited by Theseus

Gunman in star wars t-shirt, after shooting apparently got down onto ground spread eagle, alleged to have military id no confirmation on this, aimed for the head of victims to presumably kill people, Ari Fliescher was in airport tweeted out shots had been fired 

I found a picture of the guy. trying to get it on here now

Edited by Theseus

2 years in Alaska 2014 -16, had some domestic violence charges, driving with no insurance,

minor traffic violations, non-payment of rent, 4th degree assault, property damage...

Sounds like someone has anger issues --- perhaps some folks on his flight pissed him off and he

decided to punish them by shooting them in the head....

26 y o new jersey

flight from canada

went to baggage area and got a gun

Brward Health Med Center

• - Investigators walking out with brown bags and boxes cases, speaking to witnesses 
  • - Due to ongoing investigation unable to release
  • - 6 patients are being brought to Broward Health
  • 14 people have been transferred here - multitude of med conditions - ankle problems, breathing conditions, heat exhaustion etc.-
  • Closest trauma 1 center
  • More coming

14 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

"SEXUAL OFFENDER / PREDATOR FLYER..."

what the hell does THAT mean...? :huh:

"Hillsborough, Florida"..? CRAP, that's where we are!

Don't tell us that pervert came outta here...?

Are you sure that's the guy?

If so, why wasn't he on some watch list for NO FLY...?

The "flyer" part denotes the publication of the sexual offender / predator information.

You can see more of these sickos on that website. Just do a search. I know where they are in my location. A funny story is that I once had a background check done on me for work. They had to check the Sexual Offender registry. I had to prove to them my middle name didn't start with an R and I was not on the registry. Took a little bit of time but I was able to do so. These same people thought that Hawaii wasn't a state in 1968. It gained statehood in 1958.

Gunman did not breach security area. His gun was in the checked baggage and technically did not break the rules. All he had to do was to notify air carrier and TSA of his weapon in his checked luggage and ammunition. This is perfectly legal. 

It is speculated he legally checked his weapon and might have had a ccw.

9 minutes ago, Theseus said:

The "flyer" part denotes the publication of the sexual offender / predator information.

You can see more of these sickos on that website. Just do a search. I know where they are in my location. A funny story is that I once had a background check done on me for work. They had to check the Sexual Offender registry. I had to prove to them my middle name didn't start with an R and I was not on the registry. Took a little bit of time but I was able to do so. These same people thought that Hawaii wasn't a state in 1968. It gained statehood in 1958.

We have news for you -- OWLS are known PREDATORS ! :lol::P

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 1

I called it! NBC 6 reported the man had a history of mental problems. This rules out terrorism charges. This administration will do anything to avoid the use of the word "terrorism". I can't wait until this pc crap stops!

Mental illness now becomes the narrative of the reason why this occurred.

Edited by Theseus

We told you he had anger issues... when he was in Anchorage he was a known problem for it.

So there it is mad crazy guy. :facepalm: Wonder if the judge in Alaska now wishes he would've locked him

up longer and not just let him off after completing a short little 'program'.

But in Alaska it's hard to tell who the crazy ones really are -- everybody up there has some quirk or other ! :mellow:

• Upvote 1

Shooter:

Now saying born in NJ , moved to PR.

Was part of the National Guard, worked in Alaska as security guard, did tour in Iraq, no PTSD

Has a kid with girlfriend.

Went off grid last year

Very pro-american from gf and brother.

Actually flew from Anchorage Alaska to St Paul, Minneapolis to Ft Lauderdale. No record flew out of Canada.

I hate Win 10! I want Win 7 back if I can ever find my disk.