Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Iraqi Dinar is listed in Bloomberg - USDIQD Spot Exchange Rate!

DWS112

Good morning DWS112 and thanks for posting,

DV on Bloomberg you can input currency comparisons as you can on XE. Com. Perhaps DWS has access to Bloomberg terminals that permits him/her to have access to these options in more detail as being a member and paying  for the Bloomberg services. To me it looks like business as usual EagleEye as the rate really has not changed except for a few pips up and down which generally happens daily anyway. 

Perhaps DWS112 can chime in here to let us know how he encountered this option as I have tried on' Bloomberg and have not been able to get an IQD/USD rate without being a paying customer. I may be wrong here but that's my :twocents:

• Upvote 3

Something I have been watching is the IQD/USD exchange rate on www.xe.com.  I may have missed fluctuations but the IQD seems locked on 1,106.37 IQD = 1 USD since May 11, 2016.  The strongest IQD exchange on www.xe.com I've seen was Tuesday, January 19, 2016 with 1,086.00 IQD = 1 USD.  Late last year, the daily fluctuations topped out at 1,106.37 = 1 USD and would dip below that before returning to 1,106.37 IQD = 1 USD on any given day.  From January 20, 2016 to nominally April 3, 2016, the IQD would fluctuate between 1,106.37 and 1,106.19 = 1 USD nominally any given day.  From nominally April 4, 2016, to May 11, 2016, the fluctuations were in the same range but very sporadic with many days no change from 1,106.37 IQD = 1 USD.  I am not sure if the IMF, WB, etc. SMPs (IMF people monitoring activities at the CBI) have any influence on these type of international exchange rates but I find it odd that the IQD exchange rate behavior on www.xe.com changed significantly after the SMPs were announced as having arrived at the CBI early this year.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Something I have been watching is the IQD/USD exchange rate on www.xe.com.  I may have missed fluctuations but the IQD seems locked on 1,106.37 IQD = 1 USD since May 11, 2016.  The strongest IQD exchange on www.xe.com I've seen was Tuesday, January 19, 2016 with 1,086.00 IQD = 1 USD.  Late last year, the daily fluctuations topped out at 1,106.37 = 1 USD and would dip below that before returning to 1,106.37 IQD = 1 USD on any given day.  From January 20, 2016 to nominally April 3, 2016, the IQD would fluctuate between 1,106.37 and 1,106.19 = 1 USD nominally any given day.  From nominally April 4, 2016, to May 11, 2016, the fluctuations were in the same range but very sporadic with many days no change from 1,106.37 IQD = 1 USD.  I am not sure if the IMF, WB, etc. SMPs (IMF people monitoring activities at the CBI) have any influence on these type of international exchange rates but I find it odd that the IQD exchange rate behavior on www.xe.com changed significantly after the SMPs were announced as having arrived at the CBI early this year.

Thanks for the dates and rate recap Synopsis, I to have been watching www.xe.com for any significant movement with the IQD and concur with what you have posted. But I guess in the end the text from Adam says it all imo, until then we patiently wait amigo:soon:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Wiljor said:

Thanks for the dates and rate recap Synopsis, I to have been watching www.xe.com for any significant movement with the IQD and concur with what you have posted. But I guess in the end the text from Adam says it all imo, until then we patiently wait amigo:soon:

Thank You, Wiljor for all your informative posts!  Yep.  Text from Adam says it all imot (in my opinion, too)!  Can't believe I get a text alert and wonder, "Is this really going to be the fabled (fabled for now, reality hopefully soon) text from Adam?  I can hardly wait to see it!"  And then the text is something from a friend and I feel somewhat let down.  Yes, shame on me.  Friends are priceless.

• Upvote 1