Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MEXICAN CITIZEN ARRESTED FOR VOTER FRAUD IN TEXAS

MEXICAN CITIZEN ARRESTED FOR VOTER FRAUD IN TEXAS

by BOB PRICE9 Nov 2015

The Tarrant County District Attorney in Fort Worth, Texas, has teamed up with the Texas Attorney General to make an arrest in a felony voter fraud case. The case involves a Mexican citizen who allegedly voted illegally in at least two Texas elections.

Rosa Maria Ortega has been charged in Tarrant County with two counts of illegal voting. The charge is a second degree felony in Texas.

“Protecting the integrity of elections is essential to our democracy and a top priority of my administration,” said Attorney General Ken Paxton in a statement obtained by Breitbart Texas from the Texas Office of the Attorney General (OAG). “As long as there are criminals seeking to exploit our system of elections, we stand ready to investigate, prosecute and restore confidence that the will of the people of Texas is heard.”

The discovery was made by Tarrant County District Attorney Sharen Wilson’s office and then referred to the OAG. It was learned that Ortega allegedly voted in the November 2012 general election and then again in the May 2014 primary runoff election. Both of these incidents took place in Dallas County.

Ortega is not a U.S. citizen and is therefore not eligible to vote in Texas elections.

Texas Election Code section 64.012 provides that:

(a) A person commits an offense if the person:

(1) votes or attempts to vote in an election in which the person knows the person is not eligible to vote;

(2) knowingly votes or attempts to vote more than once in an election;

(3) knowingly impersonates another person and votes or attempts to vote as the impersonated person; or

(4) knowingly marks or attempts to mark another person’s ballot without the consent of that person.

(b ) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree unless the person is convicted of an attempt. In that case, the offense is a state jail felony.

The case was presented to the Tarrant County Grand Jury by Assistant District Attorney Harry White, chief of the white collar and public integrity unit of the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office.

Ortega was arrested on Friday, November 6th, and is currently being held in the Tarrant County jail on a $10,000 bond.

Bob Price serves as associate editor and senior political news contributor for Breitbart Texas and is a member of the original Breitbart Texas team. Follow him on Twitter @BobPriceBBTX. 

This article has been updated with additional information.
  • Upvote 5

According to her lawyer, she was just confused…..and a conservative evangelical women who voted in the Republican primary so that is supposed to make everything OK?  Sorry shyster, it is illegal and not OK no matter who or what she voted for.

According to the update Ortega was given a voter registration form when she applied for WIC benefits.

Apparently the lawyer does not realize the can of worms his statement opens.  Exactly how many non-citizens were signed up to vote when accessing the US welfare system?  How many others have “mistakenly” voted?  Why are non-citizens even given a voter registration form?  Why is voter ID not required to insure that no other “mistakes” are allowed to happen?  Just to name a few.  RV ME

Accused Illegal Voter Was “Confused” Says Attorney

November 10, 2015 2:25 PM By L.P. Phillips

FORT WORTH (KRLD-AM) – The Tarrant County District Attorney and the Texas Attorney General say the indictment of a Grand Prairie woman proves there are non-citizens voting in U-S elections. However, it appears the woman is a member of their own party.

The attorney for Rosa Ortega says she has legally been in the country for more than a dozen years.

Domingo Garcia says when Ortega had a child she applied for assistance under the Women Infants and Children program. That’s when Garcia says she was handed a voter registration form and told to fill it out. Garcia says Ortega was confused by it all and if she had known better, she would never have voted.

In fact she voted in the Republican primary because she’s actually a conservative and evangelical woman. And she didn’t know anything about what she was doing was improper until afterwards.” Said Garcia.

He is accusing prosecutors and Attorney General Ken Paxton of trying use Ortega to prove there’s a problem where one doesn’t exist.

A news release from the Tarrant County District Attorney says the indictment proves there is voter fraud in Texas. The news release was issued jointly with Paxton.

A Tarrant County Grand Jury accuses Ortega of casting ballots in the November 6, 2012 election and the May 27 2014 primary election.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/11/10/illegal-voter-was-confused-says-attorney/

• Upvote 2

He is accusing prosecutors and Attorney General Ken Paxton of trying use Ortega to prove there’s a problem where one doesn’t exist.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/211147-mexican-citizen-arrested-for-voter-fraud-in-texas/#ixzz3rI8UB8Zm

Hmm...seems to me there is a problem and it does exist if even one person votes without having the legal right to.

• Upvote 2

So there you have it.....proof, voter fraud is not limited to the left.  Or it could also mean, fraud on the left........confusion on the right.  Thank you for the additional article, RV ME.    :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

That’s one way of looking at it.  But I must say that if someone steals from me I do not care if they agree with my politics or not, they are still a thief.

Another angle would be that it is proof of voter fraud.   There is one side who, regardless of party affiliation, wants to insure our election process.  And there is another side that continues to claim there is no problem and that the other side is just using voter intimidation to disenfranchise specific groups of people.  One side has facts, the other side ignore the facts and go with scare tactics.

There was a local Democrat primary election a few years back in KC that was decided by one vote.  It was proven that the winner had family members fraudulently voting since they did not live in the district.  These two relatives were convicted of voter fraud, but the judge did not see fit to do anything about the fraudulent election results.  Just because it was in the Dem primary, of which I had no horse in the race, does not mean that I should not be outraged at the blatant disregard for the election process. 

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article322208/Missouri-Rep.-John-Joseph-Rizzo%E2%80%99s-relatives-admit-to-voter-fraud.html

• Upvote 2

***///

"women Infant Childrens" free money, eh...? <_<

she was committing theft by taking taxpayer dollars...  she's a criminal, and ILLEGAL !

why should she and her brood sponge off US...?!

now that hobummer let all the drug lords outta jail,

there's room for her and all his ACORN pals in there !

LOCK HER UP and when her time is done,

toss her and her illegal brood back over the fence ! !  :angry:

We're sick and tired of this sponging off US bs !

• Upvote 1

Gerrymandering....the greatest example of fraud ever perpetrated against the American voter.  

GO RV, then BV

Gerrymandering is not voter fraud.  It is just professional politicians trying to make sure they set themselves up for life.

Voter fraud is when someone casts an illegal ballot.  Be it because they are not a citizen, are a felon, vote multiple times, vote under someone else’s name, or as often happens in Chicago vote after becoming deceased.  Simple voter ID law would stop all of these from occurring.

ID laws will do nothing for the growing problem of absentee ballot fraud though.  Personally I believe that the absentee ballots should be banned in federal elections.  Congress mandated specifically that the election of President shall take place on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November, the law does not say we should be able to cast our ballot 30 days before election day.

• Upvote 3

Gerrymandering is not voter fraud.  It is just professional politicians trying to make sure they set themselves up for life.

Voter fraud is when someone casts an illegal ballot.  Be it because they are not a citizen, are a felon, vote multiple times, vote under someone else’s name, or as often happens in Chicago vote after becoming deceased.  Simple voter ID law would stop all of these from occurring.

ID laws will do nothing for the growing problem of absentee ballot fraud though.  Personally I believe that the absentee ballots should be banned in federal elections.  Congress mandated specifically that the election of President shall take place on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November, the law does not say we should be able to cast our ballot 30 days before election day.

So you don't think Military Personnel stationed abroad or in another state, other than their home state, should have a right to vote?

So you don't think Military Personnel stationed abroad or in another state, other than their home state, should have a right to vote?

There should be a process for military on tour to vote anonymously, no doubt about it.

That said, several counties had more voters than residents, entire counties had a statistically  impossible 100% obama vote, and voter machine malfunctions were recorded in all states.

Remember the Ohio company, think it was electronic balloting inc, or something like that?

They were "decertified" in several states after the Bush fiasco.

Not going to bother collecting links, but there were something like 20,000 dead people that voted in one state alone.

My numbers could be off, but even if it's only a few percent, it's enough to swing a county, and if the county or state has decided to give all electoral votes to whatever the popular vote is, it could easily influence elections.

• Upvote 2

I'm not going to argue semantics with you.  I'm only going to say this, if by gerrymandering a political party obtains an advantage, then that is a fraudulent practice, plain and simple.  All other issues you expressed, I completely agree with, other than absentee ballots.  Of all people, military personnel stationed abroad, deployed on TDY, or stationed stateside in another state, should have the opportunity to vote in their home states without travelling home.  As always, just my opinion.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

I'm not disputing the fraud, just the Absentee Ballot comment.  I've been stationed overseas "at sea" and never received a ballot to cast my vote.  You can go overseas and die for us, but you can't vote, just isn't right.

I'm not going to argue semantics with you.  I'm only going to say this, if by gerrymandering a political party obtains an advantage, then that is a fraudulent practice, plain and simple.  All other issues you expressed, I completely agree with, other than absentee ballots.  Of all people, military personnel stationed abroad, deployed on TDY, or stationed stateside in another state, should have the opportunity to vote in their home states without travelling home.  As always, just my opinion.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

I do not consider absentee and military ballots as the same and should have noted that in my previous response.  There should be a system in place insuring those serving in the military are able to not only vote, but to have their votes counted.  This should happen now, regardless of any change to the absentee ballot laws.

I have read many stories about those serving overseas being disenfranchised because their ballots did not get returned in time.  And as Markinsa said, he did not even receive a ballot, so how could he vote.  This happens now, under the current absentee system and it should be changed.  It seems to me that a simple system could be set up for military, not Joe Couchpotato, to cast their votes while not at their local election site.  Most states require the ballot to be set 30 days before an election.  Since this must be done, the ballots could be scanned and barcoded by local election officials.  These scans would be available to those in the service to our Country 30 days before the election.  I would think most, if not all, currently serving would be able to access that information in those 30 days.  They can then vote and the ballot can be scanned or digitized, encrypted, and either sent electronically or stored on a hard drive and physically brought back in Country, and then sent back to the local election officials based on the barcode information.

May not be perfect, and details would need to be ironed out, but it would have to be better than the system in place now.  There is still room for shenanigans to be played in any election process.  As Stalin said, “Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the votes decide everything.”

Will close by saying, from one who never served, THANK YOU to all who did :tiphat:  and may your votes always count.  RV ME

• Upvote 3

A few million more to go i'd say

I do not consider absentee and military ballots as the same and should have noted that in my previous response.  There should be a system in place insuring those serving in the military are able to not only vote, but to have their votes counted.  This should happen now, regardless of any change to the absentee ballot laws.

I have read many stories about those serving overseas being disenfranchised because their ballots did not get returned in time.  And as Markinsa said, he did not even receive a ballot, so how could he vote.  This happens now, under the current absentee system and it should be changed.  It seems to me that a simple system could be set up for military, not Joe Couchpotato, to cast their votes while not at their local election site.  Most states require the ballot to be set 30 days before an election.  Since this must be done, the ballots could be scanned and barcoded by local election officials.  These scans would be available to those in the service to our Country 30 days before the election.  I would think most, if not all, currently serving would be able to access that information in those 30 days.  They can then vote and the ballot can be scanned or digitized, encrypted, and either sent electronically or stored on a hard drive and physically brought back in Country, and then sent back to the local election officials based on the barcode information.

May not be perfect, and details would need to be ironed out, but it would have to be better than the system in place now.  There is still room for shenanigans to be played in any election process.  As Stalin said, “Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the votes decide everything.”

Will close by saying, from one who never served, THANK YOU to all who did :tiphat:  and may your votes always count.  RV ME

You should just bring in what they have in Australia where it is illegal not to vote, no matter where they happen to be in the world during an election they are still expected to vote. 

• Upvote 2

Well stated, RV ME.  And thank you for the thank you.....it's greatly appreciated.   :) 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

A few million more to go i'd say

You should just bring in what they have in Australia where it is illegal not to vote, no matter where they happen to be in the world during an election they are still expected to vote. 

NOOOOOOO!  I do not subscribe to the thinking that more voters is necessarily a good thing.  More IFORMED voters yes, mandatory voting, no.

• Upvote 1