Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Baltimore protests turn into riots as mayor declares state of emergency

umbertino

Go to the link below, it was contained in Maggie's post earlier in this thread (#49) 

http://www.johncardillo.com/blog/freddie-grays-lawsuit-had-nothing-to-do-with-a-spinal-injury

Thank You Markinsa.

Here is an idea...sorry if this is not on the same page as others here.

WHAT IF... we put our tax dollars into US Infrastructure?

(if we can find $'s for wars...we can find $'s for US...Right?)

That would accomplish a few things...

1. Rebuild our broken bridges and more..perhaps housing in the "richest" country in the world would be nice....water?

2. Put people in the US to work

3. Maybe divert funds from nefarious purposes...killing/displacing many innocents (2million Iraqis and more) in this world.

Please don't take this wrong... I am only looking for solutions...not a righty vs lefty argument.

I am for AMERICA FIRST!!!

Just Solutions Please...

Thank You :)

• Upvote 3

TE you claim you addressed it, but don't know his medical history. That was the question, not a question about details of an alledged lawsuit. You sure are full of yourself. So they murdered him.......because you said so, and that is that.

He addressed it, you're not reading what he posted.  See my reply to you.

TE you claim you addressed it, but don't know his medical history. That was the question, not a question about details of an alledged lawsuit. You sure are full of yourself. So they murdered him.......because you said so, and that is that.

Sorry Machine Gun but there is only on emotion left for your responses...

<FACE PALM>    :facepalm2:

• Upvote 1

Thank You Markinsa.

Here is an idea...sorry if this is not on the same page as others here.

WHAT IF... we put our tax dollars into US Infrastructure?

(if we can find $'s for wars...we can find $'s for US...Right?)

That would accomplish a few things...

1. Rebuild our broken bridges and more..perhaps housing in the "richest" country in the world would be nice....water?

2. Put people in the US to work

3. Maybe divert funds from nefarious purposes...killing/displacing many innocents (2million Iraqis and more) in this world.

Please don't take this wrong... I am only looking for solutions...not a righty vs lefty argument.

I am for AMERICA FIRST!!!

Just Solutions Please...

Thank You :)

How were those shovel ready jobs that Obama said he would create  <_< . Oh ya,none existant...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Why doesn't this article say that this man could NOT SEE Gray in the van because of a metal divider between them?

Also notice it points out another stop that wasn't reported but was recorded by a private camera.

Could Gray have been trying to get help? Could he have been having seizures from his injuries? Who knows...

Yet it took them this long to come up with this person riding with him? I don't buy it. He had done nothing wrong that day other than to have made eye contact and ran away. He repeatedly made pleas for medical help. His spine was 80% severed, his voice box crushed. He was unconscious on arrival at the police station. Did he kill himself because he was caught with a switch blade? Seriously?

I don't think so.

All of you who want to find any excuse for his death will jump on this, but it sounds incredibly invented, not to mention convenient for the policemen involved. Our country needs thinking, intelligent people... Not sheep. Sheep go to slaughter. So much for our rights.

I want justice for all.

Why he was really arested will come out. What the police did will come out.

How his voice box was crushed you say, will come out. What are facts and what is fabricated will come out. Now we know he did not have a switch blade, it was just a pocket knife, Why he was running, why he was arested in the first place will come out.

Is there a excuse for his death, if you want to call it that. Was he having convultions or being irate and damaged himself, we will find out.

I would say some of it does not add up. Killing cops and bystanderds, and burning buildings that will be dealt with also.

• Upvote 2

Yes!  I am so glad Marilyn Mosby, Baltimore state attorney, stayed on the case and would not relinquish it!  The policy fraternity tried to wrest it out of her hands be she was not deterred.  Good for The People.....good for justice....good for constitutional observers.....very good.  Rights don't just belong to rich, wealthy and influentials.  Rights belong to all God's children.

====================================

The Baltimore chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police, the officers’ union, defended the officers’ conduct, and called on Ms. Mosby to remove herself from the case and hand it over to a special prosecutor — an idea she dismissed out of hand.

“As tragic as this situation is, none of the officers involved are responsible for the death of Mr. Gray,” Gene Ryan, president of the union chapter, wrote in an open letter to the state’s attorney.

Mr. Ryan argued that Ms. Mosby had conflicts of interest, including the fact that she has been supported politically by William H. Murphy Jr., the lawyer for Mr. Gray’s family. He also noted that her husband is a city councilman, and said his “political future will be directly impacted, for better or worse, by the outcome of your investigation.”  (read more)
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What is interesting is:

The other person in the back of the Van said he heard Freddie Grey making noise.  The DA said he was motionless before the second person was put in the back with Freddie.  I wonder how that is going to play out?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How were those shovel ready jobs that Obama said he would create  <_< . Oh ya,none existant...

What a nobal idea. Divert some of those funds paid to overpayed government and state workers and put it into infistructure. 40 million dollars put in a slush fund for LA dwp for fancy dinners and vacations by the mayor garceti shortly after being made mayor. Do you smell curruptoin. 

DWP's $40-million mystery fund deserves customer outrage, answers

By Steve Lopez
Edited by jg1

What is interesting is:

The other person in the back of the Van said he heard Freddie Grey making noise.  The DA said he was motionless before the second person was put in the back with Freddie.  I wonder how that is going to play out?

if nothing else, it is gross negligence.  complete violation of the man's rights.  pleadings for help were entirely ignored.  police have an obligation to due process and cannot go about creating ad hoc policy in the detainment and treatment of prisoners.  when the policy manual instructs on the legal manner that all prisoners are to be attended, those standards must be abided by.  anything outside of that falls outside of the insurance bond (coverage) of the officer.  in other words you are bonded and insured up to fulfilling your duties in accordance with agreed upon code of conduct.  once you step outside of that agreement, liability is covered fully by the person.

==============================

here is a little more on Marilyn.  i didn't realize her history steeped in law enforcement.

“I uphold the laws. He makes the laws,” she said. “And I will prosecute any case within my jurisdiction.”

Ms. Mosby comes from a long line of law enforcement officers. Her father, mother and grandfather were police officers, and her grandfather, she said, was a founding member of the first association for black police officers in Massachusetts — a point she underscored on Friday in comments directed at the Baltimore force.

“To the rank-and-file officers,” she said, “please know that the accusations against these six officers are not an indictment of the entire force.”

Sonia Kumar, a staff attorney at the American Civil Liberties Union of Maryland, said, “Her actions really told us who she is today.”

“For years and years, victims of police violence in our city, overwhelmingly black people, have sought justice for their loved ones to no avail,” Ms. Kumar said. “This is an historic moment.”
Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I want justice for all.

I believe you do jg1...pardon my frustration in my post...it was directed at the article and folks looking for excuses...not you.

Like yourself...I hope the truth comes out...I think most of us want that jg1.

As with Ferguson let it play out and lets see what really happened.

true.

just so all understand the gravity of these charges, it is nearly (if not entirely) unprecedented to see this play out the way that it is by the state attorney's office.  now politicians are jumping onboard of the justice system policy topic.  regardless of the outcome of the case, the country has hit a new pivot point in its evolution.  it is truly an exciting time to be alive and witness these things transpire.

I'm watching Hannity on Fox and there is an unidentified police office stating that Freddie Gray toxicology report came back positive for Heroin and Marijuana.  

Oh oh, here it comes. So you think its ok to shoot a inocent man just because he had drugs in his system. I know Markinsa it should all be evidence counted against him, others will say you are trying trying to convict a inocent man just minding his own business, maybe we should give it a rest for a while.

police have an obligation to due process 

They are also entitled to the same due process.

Jumping to a conclusion prior to all the facts is not right either.

Not saying you did just a general statement. 

Oh oh, here it comes. So you think its ok to shoot a inocent man just because he had drugs in his system. I know Markinsa it should all be evidence counted against him, others will say you are trying trying to convict a inocent man just minding his own business, maybe we should give it a rest for a while.

I'm just passing on information. I believe in truth and due process.  

It was also stated that Freddie was seen with another individual performing a small package exchange.  That was the reason for the foot persuit.  We've all seen COPS episodes where we see the foot chases and the perps ditching the drugs or attempting to swallow the drugs they were trying to sell.  If Freddie swallowed an overdose of Heroin that would cause the shortness of breath that he was complaining about in the back of the Police Van.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Trinity, please quit calling the game.  If you know, as you claim, those officers murdered Mr. Gray, then please, by all means start building the gallows in the public square.  It'll save the taxpayers of Baltimore the cost of a trial, where evidence and witnesses can be part of 'Justice for All.'

You seem like a bright and intelligent spokesperson for the oppressed, why deny the officers the very due process and judicial remedy you claim has been, and is presently denied to yourself other oppressed persons? 

• Upvote 2