Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Come And Take Them! UN Arms treaty In Full Effect. Why You Should Be Worried.

Djorgie

I personally don't own guns, however, I thought this would be of interest to those of you who do.

Djorgie

Come And Take Them! UN Arms Treaty In Full Effect, Why You Should Be Worried

obama-u-n-gun-treaty-zionist1-300x189.jp

Gun owners find themselves on shaky ground this month due to the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty that went into effect on Christmas Eve. Second Amendment advocates are worried that Obama will use this treaty as a basis for executive action on gun control. It would have to pass Congress, but Obama has already showed us the power of his pen and phone with his amnesty move. At this point, nothing he does would surprise me.
Catherine Mortensen, the spokeswoman for the National Rifle Association, is intensely concerned about this treaty. She said, “We are worried about an end-run around Congress. Barack Obama or a future anti-gun president could use ATT and international norms compliance to rationalize enacting gun control policies through executive actions, especially in the import and export realms.”
Mortensen thinks that this could be a very real threat to our second amendment right. She added, “Even now, with an existing appropriations rider prohibiting action to implement the treaty unless it is approved by Congress, administration officials are publicly professing support for international efforts to bring the treaty into effect. That’s outrageous,”
The U.N. General Assembly adopted the treaty in April 2013 with a vote of 154 to 3. The only three countries that opposed the treaty are Iran, Syria, and North Korea.
Mortensen is convinced that this treaty an attempt by other countries to try to infringe on our constitutional rights.
“The United Nations is trying to establish what they call basic norms and bring international pressure on the United States to eviscerate our Second Amendment Rights and they have found willing allies in the Obama administration and John Kerry,”
Article 5 of the treaty is by far the most worrisome. It mandates that all countries participating in the treaty “shall establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list.” This list should “apply the provisions of this Treaty to the broadest range of conventional arms.”
The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA), have been particularly vocal on this issue. In July 2012, ILA stated that,

“Anti-gun treaty proponents continue to mislead the public, claiming the treaty would have no impact on American gun owners. That’s a bald-faced lie. For example, the most recent draft treaty includes export/import controls that would require officials in an importing country to collect information on the ‘end user’ of a firearm, keep the information for 20 years, and provide the information to the country from which the gun was exported. In other words, if you bought a Beretta shotgun, you would be an ‘end user’ and the U.S. government would have to keep a record of you and notify the Italian government about your purchase. That is gun registration. If the U.S. refuses to implement this data collection on law-abiding American gun owners, other nations might be required to ban the export of firearms to the U.S.”
Conservatives have long been ridiculed by liberals over our “crazy” fear of civilian disarmament. But we were also laughed at when we said that the government was going to take over our healthcare. Or when we had the “loony” idea that our president would give amnesty to illegal immigrants. Conservatives have been spot on so far when it comes to these big government predictions. What was once paranoia, is now becoming stone cold reality.

I'm hoping the true conservatives inject sufficient guilt into the RINOS to force action.

There's enough  dems that have voiced 2nd Amendment support,( that are CC holders as well), in the senate to block any "administrative" action, illegal or not, at least on gun ownership.

Not saying I'm not worried, but if we keep up the emails we at least stand a chance. 

If only cops and criminals had guns, there would be a blood bath in every major city.

I think if they tried, it would be time to show then why we have the 2nd, and it is something every person with any common sense can agree on, regardless of skin color.

I can guarantee you, that is EXACTLY what the government fears most, us villagers finally uniting against our true oppressors.

• Upvote 1

Whether it's the least qualified ever president of the USA, the least qualified governor (like McAuliffe of Virginia), or the international elites, there's one thing we can be certain of—since the only impediment to their total control is an armed populace, would-be tyrants will NEVER stop trying to take our guns. Eternal vigilance is indeed the price of liberty.